Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

ATI and what other mods

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 02:33 PM
whosdady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATI and what other mods

I have a 5AT and will be having my ATI Procharger installed and tuned next week. I currently have the UR 3 piece pulley kit, Injen Intake and Stillen exhaust. I know the intake and crank pulley are coming off but I would like to add a little more HP before the procharger is installed and the car is tuned. What single option would you reccomend?

1. TS or Wolf ECU
2. Crawford or LSD plenum
3. Random tech or crawford cats
4. Nismo or borla headers

I have pretty much decided on the random tech cats but I would like to hear what others think. I would go with a plenum now but I know I can't have it installed by the time my car is tuned. As far as the ECU goes, neither have been tested for S/C applications. The nismo headers are extra loud and cost a lot to install while others say the borla headers aren't making much additional power. Hence I'm left with the random tech cats soley becuase the crawford ones might not be ready in time. What do you guys think?
Old 08-19-2003, 02:59 PM
elektrik_juggernaut

The ECM is the least of these to consider at the moment......once your Procharger is on, you may be able to get a customed tuned ECM or piggyback.......this will allow you to get rid of the FMU that will come with your Procharger.......to get an ECM ahead of time would be pointless since the FMU would just compensate for any leaning out gains brought about by the ECM.
Old 08-19-2003, 03:10 PM
whosdady

Default You are right EJ

I totally agree. The only reason why I would consider the ECU before tuning is to change shift points, the rev limiter and eliminate the top speed restriction. I would think if I had 500 more rpms to work with that the peak HP would increase. Plus with more aggressive shift points it would feel a lot faster.

Oh no, I just read that the kittens (crawfords) are available and a lot cheaper. I have a dilema.
Old 08-19-2003, 05:16 PM
ajpwrx

Ho much does a ATI Procharger cost ?