Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

XKR Super G... Going for Mach 1

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 09:37 PM
XKR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am installing a traction control.... With it installed...I could floor it at high boost and still have full control. I have another car with the same TC I am going to install in the G .. Which has over 600whp ... You could floor it on wet or dry roads and not lose control....

So videos of my car will be boring
Old 12-08-2009, 05:33 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

are you just adjusting boost levels with wheel hub spin, or rpms or something(i guess in that case you arent hitting full boost until you get traction)...other ems systems can do this...
Old 12-08-2009, 05:36 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

wheel slip sucks, and I'd hate to see that anyhow.
i wanna see how fast that tach jumps and the mph needle pegs

Originally Posted by XKR
I am installing a traction control.... With it installed...I could floor it at high boost and still have full control. I have another car with the same TC I am going to install in the G .. Which has over 600whp ... You could floor it on wet or dry roads and not lose control....

Old 12-08-2009, 06:58 AM
BrianLG35C

Originally Posted by XKR

What TC? Racelogic?
Old 12-08-2009, 08:50 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
are you just adjusting boost levels with wheel hub spin, or rpms or something(i guess in that case you arent hitting full boost until you get traction)...other ems systems can do this...

It reads Rpm, wheel spin, wheel position. And a few other things. Its almost the same one that was just aproved for use in Formula1....

I did have the RaceLogic.... But Sharif found out that it would not work with the injectors that I have..... So it was returned.

Someone owed me a favor and sent me this not for street use item

it's a full computer by itself....
Old 12-08-2009, 09:03 AM
redman333

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XKR
It reads Rpm, wheel spin, wheel position. And a few other things. Its almost the same one that was just aproved for use in Formula1....

I did have the RaceLogic.... But Sharif found out that it would not work with the injectors that I have..... So it was returned.

Someone owed me a favor and sent me this not for street use item

it's a full computer by itself....
I don't know much about trac control setups so forgive my ignorance if this is something simple, but is this a plug and play setup or is it something that has to be setup or adjusted. Also is the trac control setup you have coming something for sale kor not cause I'd be interested in it if its for sale or if I can duplicate it. BTW I'm not mechanically iliterate but just never looked into these setups before.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:32 AM
ttg35fort
Professional

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by XKR

Mike, what is the traction control unit you are using? PM me if you don't want to post it here.

I was seriously considering the Race Logic unit. I have HKS 1000 cc fuel injectors, so I'm assuming that it won't work on my car either.

Last edited by ttg35fort; 12-08-2009 at 09:33 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:40 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by redman333
I don't know much about trac control setups so forgive my ignorance if this is something simple, but is this a plug and play setup or is it something that has to be setup or adjusted. Also is the trac control setup you have coming something for sale kor not cause I'd be interested in it if its for sale or if I can duplicate it. BTW I'm not mechanically iliterate but just never looked into these setups before.
No....the RaceLogic was not plug and play....and this néw one I will have installed is far from plug and play also.

The RaceLogic is around $2000....the other one is a race team based setup that's not available to the public.... Well atleast not yet... And I am sure it wlll be in the 15-20K range.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:52 AM
ttg35fort
Professional

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by XKR
No....the RaceLogic was not plug and play....and this néw one I will have installed is far from plug and play also.

The RaceLogic is around $2000....the other one is a race team based setup that's not available to the public.... Well atleast not yet... And I am sure it wlll be in the 15-20K range.
$15-20k - Ouch

FYI, RaceLogic dropped their pricing since you bought yours. In June I was quoted $741.47 directly from RaceLogic.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:56 AM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Mike, what kind of rubber do you have in the rear? errr you know what i mean.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:00 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by ttg35fort
$15-20k - Ouch

FYI, RaceLogic dropped their pricing since you bought yours. In June I was quoted $741.47 directly from RaceLogic.
That price is without the digital control.... They have many different models...it'd like buying an Fcon... You have the base price.... And then you have the loaded price.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:08 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by Nexx
Mike, what kind of rubber do you have in the rear? errr you know what i mean.
305 x 25 x 20....Yokahama Advan.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:28 AM
str8dum1

sweet, that TC unit sounds extremely complicated and most likely will not be close to setup by Zdayz. might as well forfeit right now
Old 12-08-2009, 10:34 AM
Nexx

Originally Posted by XKR
305 x 25 x 20....Yokahama Advan.
possible to go any wider? 315/25/20 maybe?
Old 12-08-2009, 11:12 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by str8dum1
sweet, that TC unit sounds extremely complicated and most likely will not be close to setup by Zdayz. might as well forfeit right now
Nahh.... Someone will fly in to help with the install

Originally Posted by Nexx
possible to go any wider? 315/25/20 maybe?
315 would fit.... But 305 is what Yokahama will send me..... I am lucky to get 305... Because 295 was the widest they were willing to go.

Last edited by XKR; 12-08-2009 at 11:18 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:22 AM
str8dum1

wider isnt what matters, tread compound is what matters at that power level. guys are going 7-8sec 1/4 miles with narrower tires and more HP (the 10.5 classes)

I'd be interested to know what tires IP had on during their video. I'd bet DR's.

Ahh and I thought you going to give Sharif a heart-attack with "hey install this and make it run right in 2 months" Does the new TC setup have its own set of sensors and all that jazz? at 20k i bet it would. Will it assimilate into the FCON?

Last edited by str8dum1; 12-08-2009 at 11:26 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:29 AM
Nexx

wider isnt what matters, tread compound is what matters at that power level. guys are going 7-8sec 1/4 miles with narrower tires and more HP (the 10.5 classes)

I'd be interested to know what tires IP had on during their video. I'd bet DR's.

Ahh and I thought you going to give Sharif a heart-attack with "hey install this and make it run right in 2 months" Does the new TC setup have its own set of sensors and all that jazz? at 20k i bet it would. Will it assimilate into the FCON?
for sure man but with 20's race compounds arent an option.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:42 AM
XKR

I assume Chris was talking for a road course where wider is better... Because he knows that I don't drag race.

I have put alot of demands on Sharif.. And I felt it would not be fair to throw this on him at this point... So I will get him the help to install it.

I would be guessing if I answered the TC sensor question..... All I was told is that it can work alone or work with existing setup. I was told it does read the ABS... Steering position.... Pedal position...wheel speed... RPM.... And so on...

Alot of my friends in racing are aware of this car.... I was at a testing in FL and mentioned the dyno results and asked them for help with traction because the RaceLogic fell through.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:44 AM
Chris@FsP
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by XKR

I'll take two.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:47 AM
str8dum1

he Advans are not R compound are they? a same sized or smaller R888 or RA1 would grip better than any width street tire. But I assume you have a sponsorship deal with yokohama?

thats pretty slick it ties in with the stock sensors. Checking up on some of those aftermarket TC setups will make for some good after dinner reading.

Originally Posted by XKR
I assume Chris was talking for a road course where wider is better... Because he knows that I don't drag race.

I have put alot of demands on Sharif.. And I felt it would not be fair to throw this on him at this point... So I will get him the help to install it.

I would be guessing if I answered the TC sensor question..... All I was told is that it can work alone or work with existing setup. I was told it does read the ABS... Steering position.... Pedal position...wheel speed... RPM.... And so on...

Alot of my friends in racing are aware of this car.... I was at a testing in FL and mentioned the dyno results and asked them for help with traction because the RaceLogic fell through.

Quick Reply: XKR Super G... Going for Mach 1