Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Exhaust Leak Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009 | 05:01 PM
d1mon3k

Default Exhaust Leak Question

K guys, I got an exhaust leak. When I got the Turbonetics kit, one of the V band clamps (I think that's what they are called) was stripped so it won't tighten all the way. It also rattles when I'm Idle or accelerating at the low end of 1st. It's an annoying sound and this will be fixed when my installer finally orders the piece. I was just wondering if this is affecting performance at all? It seems like the car pushes back when I'm accelerating at low speeds. Not really sure what that's called or if it's sometype of back pressure or what. I'm just hoping it feels more smooth once that piece is fixed.

Anybody that has this experience or knows about exhaust leaks please chime in. I guess for me having 350whp and 320tq, it just doesnt seem to wanna move quicker at lower speeds regardless. Something like I have to push the peddle much harder to get just a little more out of it. That and my Transmission in Auto mode wont even shift when I'm boosting, only in Manual mode. That's if I'm flooring it.

If you need more info let me know and i'll post it ASAP

Edit: I did some searching on the Auto mode thing, I still need help with the leak question though

Last edited by d1mon3k; 03-06-2009 at 10:26 AM. Reason: I did some searching on the Auto mode thing, I still need help with the leak question!