Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Jealousy

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 03:56 PM
BoostedProbe

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sentry65
I'm still waiting for when someone makes a lightweight electric AWD car with 4 independent electric motors, one for each wheel, crazy aerodynamics without the need for vents to cool a radiator or suck in air, and chasis that doesn't need to be compromised with a centralized engine, driveshaft, or transmission, that generates over 600hp, weighs less than 3000 lbs, seats 5 people, and runs the equivalent of $1 a gallon.
It has been done, and I agree 100% with your post.

http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgur...a%3DN%26um%3D1
Old 03-24-2009, 05:04 PM
iamdigital

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fawking the google. anything can be found

Seriously though. Good luck on the build but be sure and plan on spending tons of friggin dough then wondering why you didn't just buy a faster car to begin with... I'm mr. negative lately
Old 03-24-2009, 06:13 PM
Son of Mad Dog

I know in about a year or two it will come to the point of, do i keep it forever or go up in level? If i do put in the kind of money for 650 whp chances are, she wont be sold for a long time.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:29 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol@thread.....
Old 03-24-2009, 08:10 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

One of the more bizzare threads of the past few weeks.

See you all at ZDAYZ...just two more months!
Old 03-24-2009, 10:47 PM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by XKR
Thanks anyway...I think the diffuser is going to be the hardest part of the entire build.....lol

215whp on 2500lbs is no joke.

Welcome to the community.

I could build the diffuser with my eyes closed.I was actally thinking about a sick *** aluminum one I want to make for my car. But then everyone will want one and then we will have to make them and then I wont be different. LOL. I guess I shouldn't complain since that his how this company got started.

The thing about 911's is not the power but the feeling it gives you with that flat six roaring right behind your back. The technical skill to drive an older one hard is for more advanced drivers. Dont know what your doing in a 911 and the *** end will come around on you in a jiffy.

I remember when I had my first Porsche and used to take it to a local ex racer/mechanic who was a hardcore German, for service. He had a 930 there with a bunch of mods and had been suggesting to me, to get one...... so I was like give me a ride. Holy crap! I was never no scared in my life.We blasted out of the parking lot and immediately were going 120mph around a bend, on a cliff, up a grade. I was pinned in my seat as we approached 160 up a pretty good grade that was about 1/2 mile to the top.This was on a really messed up road and the driver only had one eye(lost the other one in a race) with really thick glasses for the other eye. I was like you realize we are next to a 100 foot cliff right and he was like Ya. I have been driving since you were in diapers. I left a little poo stain in my shorts on that ride. LOL. I knew then that I would have one of those for my collection, someday. Except it would be a real steel slantnose.That is about the sexiest car ever made, IMO.

So save up for what you want even if it takes longer to get there.Because in the end, you will appreciate it more.

Last edited by TurboTim; 03-24-2009 at 11:00 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:54 PM
Son of Mad Dog

a thing about Porsche obsession.

My dad loves this car. Obsesses over it.
He realized that he needs to sell it.
Takes it out of our garage, washes and waxes it.
puts a for sale sign on the windows.
Then puts it back in the garage and closes it.
Car is driven only on sunny days.

he does this just so that my mother asks why the car didnt sell he can say well i tried to sell it...

The car is my inheritance. he knows it, I know it. My mother doesnt understand.
My kids will never drive it. Not until they demonstrate maturity to the nth degree.
I could never face my dad and tell him it had been totaled...
Old 03-25-2009, 05:05 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by R3VAN
Stop ****ing around in FI!!!!!
Old 03-25-2009, 05:24 PM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Son of Mad Dog
XKR's damn thread has had me looking up diffusers for the past two nights...

Truth be told, the only thing i find missing is a build up of the motor itself.
He won't stop tweaking his set-up long enough to give Sharif time to do a build thread.....
Old 03-26-2009, 12:24 AM
marra23

Originally Posted by sentry65
the thing with jealousy and whatever car you have is it'll never end.

Whatever awesome thing you think you have, tomorrow you'll be able to just walk in the dealership and buy a sedan that smokes it for $10-40 grand less than what you've done with your car.

We're getting towards the end of the gas powered engine's life. I'm still waiting for when someone makes a lightweight electric AWD car with 4 independent electric motors, one for each wheel, crazy aerodynamics without the need for vents to cool a radiator or suck in air, and chasis that doesn't need to be compromised with a centralized engine, driveshaft, or transmission, that generates over 600hp, weighs less than 3000 lbs, seats 5 people, and runs the equivalent of $1 a gallon.

I've come to accept that when such a machine exists, I'll probably still own my Z just like some people still own and drive cars from the 50's and 60's. It's not about our cars being the best thing out there. It's about an era and the feeling we had when we bought and owned them and the excitement we had when we did something to improve them.

I probably won't sink tons of money modding another car. I've already done that. No other car in the world will feel the same as my own Z that I've put all my effort into, even if they're better.
out here in Africa, I'll never see that day.

mad dog good choice......moving to the US and your Z of course. good luck boet!!!