Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Jealousy

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 11:27 AM
Son of Mad Dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jealousy

I haz it.

That is all.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:37 AM
Blwn_By_Twins

Old 03-20-2009, 11:42 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Name:  sucks.gif
Views: 413
Size:  26.7 KB
Old 03-20-2009, 11:42 AM
Son of Mad Dog

I spent multiple days worth of time reading this part of the board.

I plan on something but later on, when the economy is more stable.
(vortech/powerlab single/turbonetics...)
I am also considering building up a motor slowly.
(ordering the parts part by part until i have enough to build up the motor.)

However, i just wanted you guys to know that i really really like what i see out there. Some of you guys have some pretty sweet setups. Instead of posting this in nearly every thread like a 'tard. I just decided to blanket post it.

Last edited by Son of Mad Dog; 03-20-2009 at 11:45 AM.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:45 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Thank You for clearing that up - I would edit my previous post, but I love that gif and don't get to use it much.

Welcome to F/I - congrats on getting at least 100 posts before starting a thread.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:46 AM
escobar929

Originally Posted by Cass007
Old 03-20-2009, 11:48 AM
Son of Mad Dog

I try to believe i am a better poster than most. (nice gif though...)

I have questions. but it is such a long way off that i wont waste anyones time until i am more serious about it.

Only thing that i have settled on is Forged Performance. I am from Clemson originally and have known a certain red car for quite a while (i think the weekend he bought it...cux350z) As well as Jam3z.
400whp will be the goal at first. I drive hard and really dont see needing more power for now.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:53 AM
sentry65
the burninator

Originally Posted by Son of Mad Dog
I have questions. but it is such a long way off that i wont waste anyones time until i am more serious about it.

the nice thing about this site is it really does have all the answers to everyone's questions already in numerous threads. That's how most of the more knowledgeable people here learned what they know about this car

I don't know how many times each week I get asked questions that I swear you can find the answer to faster by typing the key words in the search field...but at least I no longer get the "what's the best intake?" type of question anymore like I used to 3 years ago

Last edited by sentry65; 03-20-2009 at 11:56 AM.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:55 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FNRtOAFxuVg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FNRtOAFxuVg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 03-20-2009, 11:56 AM
JonnyC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was in the same boat you are. After lurking for a long time, I finally went small-time F/I and it's been a blast. But now I realize, the jealousy (more like admiration) never goes away. Some of the stuff these guys are doing is amazing (XKR's thread for example - just wow). All you end up doing wanting to do is spend more and more money, all the while wondering if it's worth it, and not fully realizing that most of these guys make a hell of a lot of money
Old 03-20-2009, 11:58 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 956 Likes on 721 Posts

I apologize luke.......I'm about to revamp my exterior one last time
Old 03-20-2009, 11:59 AM
Son of Mad Dog

XKR's damn thread has had me looking up diffusers for the past two nights...

Truth be told, the only thing i find missing is a build up of the motor itself.
There was one thread in the DIY section that detalied short to long, but not full base and up. I helped my father build both of his motors in his 911 and i keep thinking that maybe i want to build up the motor for this car before i go FI. I have most of the basic know how, but a great build up from empty block to intake would be nice. hey, who knows maybe I will write it in a few years.

oh and damnit Chris, everytime i see that car something is different. Wishing you had 06 bumper though so i could borrow/steal the lip kit and some other things. You do have me wanted some CF sideskirts though...

Doug, ill read that when i am not at work. (i have no clue what you posted, only see a square of white...)

Last edited by Son of Mad Dog; 03-20-2009 at 12:02 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:00 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

400whp will be the goal at first. I drive hard and really dont see needing more power for now.
- Ahhh.... I remember last year when I said those same exact words.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:03 PM
Son of Mad Dog

I do, however, have plans to someday make a car that puts my dads 911 to shame. And some others. (family friends Sl55 amg...)
Old 03-20-2009, 02:00 PM
sentry65
the burninator

the thing with jealousy and whatever car you have is it'll never end.

Whatever awesome thing you think you have, tomorrow you'll be able to just walk in the dealership and buy a sedan that smokes it for $10-40 grand less than what you've done with your car.

We're getting towards the end of the gas powered engine's life. I'm still waiting for when someone makes a lightweight electric AWD car with 4 independent electric motors, one for each wheel, crazy aerodynamics without the need for vents to cool a radiator or suck in air, and chasis that doesn't need to be compromised with a centralized engine, driveshaft, or transmission, that generates over 600hp, weighs less than 3000 lbs, seats 5 people, and runs the equivalent of $1 a gallon.

I've come to accept that when such a machine exists, I'll probably still own my Z just like some people still own and drive cars from the 50's and 60's. It's not about our cars being the best thing out there. It's about an era and the feeling we had when we bought and owned them and the excitement we had when we did something to improve them.

I probably won't sink tons of money modding another car. I've already done that. No other car in the world will feel the same as my own Z that I've put all my effort into, even if they're better.

Last edited by sentry65; 03-20-2009 at 02:09 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:03 PM
SmallTuner

Originally Posted by doug
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FNRtOAFxuVg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FNRtOAFxuVg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Damn u Doug

u just click on me
Old 03-20-2009, 02:13 PM
XKR

Dont make the same mistake as me.....figure out what your goal is...go to ZdayZ...find a car with the whp you want and ask for a ride....

My problem was..when I had the 700BB turbos I took a ride in a friends car at ZdayZ and that stated the snowball effect
Old 03-20-2009, 04:34 PM
Son of Mad Dog

i REALLLY want to go to Zdays, but have nothing booked, and i don't want to impose on Chris since he probably has all his own **** figured out (and a woman that may be with him...)

btw XKR, you have me bringing out my textbooks from University and wishing i had taken that aerodynamics course so i could have helped ya.

My dad's 911 would seem like nothing to you guys, 215 whp, 2500lbs with driver and full tank of gas. But i have yet to ride in anything that gives quite the same thrill from people admiring it as well as when driving it.(including that same SL55 AMG and some nicely modified GTO's) The motor has a lot of work done, so does the suspension and interior. When he looks back, he bought the car for 16 and has around 42k in it. (two blown motors will do that.) But i have yet to see my dad smile as much as when he is driving that car. Especially when he goes on Porsche parades and passes more modern turbo's. I want that. Seriously. I do.

I spent 9 months searching for my next car, including porsches/gto/vette etc... i eventually decided on the z after seeing my car at carmax sitting there all wet from a wash and just smiling at me.
Old 03-20-2009, 05:38 PM
XKR

Thanks anyway...I think the diffuser is going to be the hardest part of the entire build.....lol

215whp on 2500lbs is no joke.

Welcome to the community.

i REALLLY want to go to Zdays, but have nothing booked, and i don't want to impose on Chris since he probably has all his own **** figured out (and a woman that may be with him...)

btw XKR, you have me bringing out my textbooks from University and wishing i had taken that aerodynamics course so i could have helped ya.

My dad's 911 would seem like nothing to you guys, 215 whp, 2500lbs with driver and full tank of gas. But i have yet to ride in anything that gives quite the same thrill from people admiring it as well as when driving it.(including that same SL55 AMG and some nicely modified GTO's) The motor has a lot of work done, so does the suspension and interior. When he looks back, he bought the car for 16 and has around 42k in it. (two blown motors will do that.) But i have yet to see my dad smile as much as when he is driving that car. Especially when he goes on Porsche parades and passes more modern turbo's. I want that. Seriously. I do.

I spent 9 months searching for my next car, including porsches/gto/vette etc... i eventually decided on the z after seeing my car at carmax sitting there all wet from a wash and just smiling at me.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:28 PM
projektZ

Originally Posted by XKR
Dont make the same mistake as me.....figure out what your goal is...go to ZdayZ...find a car with the whp you want and ask for a ride....

My problem was..when I had the 700BB turbos I took a ride in a friends car at ZdayZ and that stated the snowball effect
Sounds like a plan, so when can I get a ride in your car?

but for real I wish there was a 600 hp Z I could take a ride in around here. My b/fs 240 will have around 500 when hes done and it weighs quite a bit less so hopefully takin that out will give me some sort of an idea.

Quick Reply: Jealousy