Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

JAPTRIX For SAA3

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 08:48 AM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

With the choice of the FCON, LArry is stuck with going to an authorized HKS PRO dealer. I don't think there are any other PRo Dealers in florida.

EDIT: just checked HKS's website. Billet Design and HORsePOWer LOgic are also PRO dealers for florida. Japtrix isn't listed........HKS probably hasn't updated their site.

Last edited by QuadCam; 05-03-2009 at 08:50 AM.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:53 AM
350z spd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Correct HP Logic is by far the best for tunning. Jack is an awesome guy and a great tuner
Old 05-03-2009, 09:02 AM
Ghost_shift

Originally Posted by 350z spd
Correct HP Logic is by far the best for tunning. Jack is an awesome guy and a great tuner
+1
Old 05-03-2009, 09:31 AM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ttg35fort
Please call Roger on Monday. If this is a concern for you, I am confident that you guys can work something out. Roger is very, very reasonable and he strives hard to keep customers satisfied. For instance, he was there with me Wednesday night until after 8:00 helping me laying out everything I am selling to take pictures, etc. John shipped out my tripple pump hangar to Chris, and then packed up my clutch to send it to GTM to be balance with the motor...

I think you will be very, very satisfied when you pick up the car. Do you inspection there, and if ANYTHING is a concern, let Roger know right then and there and he WILL address it.
+ 1

Larry you will be ok with Roger, We work with Japtrix all the time I don't think there is anything to worry about .

You have my #

Sam
Old 05-03-2009, 09:57 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by Sam@GTM
+ 1

Larry you will be ok with Roger, We work with Japtrix all the time I don't think there is anything to worry about .

You have my #

Sam
Sam !!!! get back to work on my motor !! Sunday is not a day off !!!
Old 05-03-2009, 10:02 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by XKR
Old 05-03-2009, 10:08 AM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Originally Posted by XKR
True ... Sunday is just onther day and i'm at the shop working today.

In Regards to Your pakage, You know I'm not the hold up

Sam
Old 05-03-2009, 10:41 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

New motors never have any problems... It's starting them up that causes all the problems.

I'm also curious why you went with an FCon over a Haltech... I would never go with a locked EMS system... especially when there is only one authorized HKS dealership in Florida (and you seem to already have issues with them).

Haltech has enough internal memory for several laps of log data... Would be cool for your racing stuff...
Old 05-03-2009, 11:34 AM
JETPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+ 1

You have my #

Sam
Thanks Sam/Terry. That's all I need to know.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:38 AM
JETPILOT

Originally Posted by __jb
New motors never have any problems... It's starting them up that causes all the problems.

I'm also curious why you went with an FCon over a Haltech... I would never go with a locked EMS system... especially when there is only one authorized HKS dealership in Florida (and you seem to already have issues with them).

Haltech has enough internal memory for several laps of log data... Would be cool for your racing stuff...
The F-CON came highly recomended over the Haltech. I don't mind a locked EMS. There should be no need for me to change anything. If Roger is the only one that can tune it then all roads lead back to him should something go wrong!

I'm not having any issues with Japtrix. If my car isn't on the lift tomorrow then we will have issues!

Last edited by JETPILOT; 05-03-2009 at 12:44 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:57 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by JETPILOT
The F-CON came highly recomended over the Haltech. I don't mind a locked EMS. There should be no need for me to change anything. If Roger is the only oen that can tun it then all roads lead back to him should something go wrong!

I'm not having any issues with Japtrix. If my car isn't on the lift tomorrow then we will have issues!
You will do fine with the Fcon....I have been using it for over 2 years now with no problems......I too would rather not have to mess with the EMS.....If you need to change maps....just get the Nav-Pro and you are good to go.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:08 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Originally Posted by XKR
You will do fine with the Fcon....I have been using it for over 2 years now with no problems......I too would rather not have to mess with the EMS.....If you need to change maps....just get the Nav-Pro and you are good to go.
Unfortunatly, the new version (3.3) of the F-CON does not work with the Nav-Pro.

Maybe they have the map changing functions in the CAMP II worked out by now.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:34 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by ttg35fort
Unfortunatly, the new version (3.3) of the F-CON does not work with the Nav-Pro.

Maybe they have the map changing functions in the CAMP II worked out by now.
I think they do.....
Old 05-04-2009, 10:26 AM
ThreeFiveZero Z

Japtrix does great work, Roger should be traveling with us to NASA events from now on for track side support.

Jetpilot, I know your frustration but you cant rush it. My car has been there over 12 weeks, mostly waiting on parts as most were custom order. They arent sitting around doing nothing all day, there are other cars awaiting work.

Last edited by ThreeFiveZero Z; 05-04-2009 at 10:42 AM.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:34 AM
IslandZavage

You'll be fine JETPILOT.. Roger is the man.. When do you plan on going down there? Would like to get to meet you...

Last edited by IslandZavage; 05-04-2009 at 11:43 AM.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:35 AM
IslandZavage

+ 1

You have my #

Sam
Cant argue with that..lol
Old 05-04-2009, 01:05 PM
ThreeFiveZero Z

Originally Posted by 350z spd
While I dont doubt Jack is a good tuner(he baselined my Tundra, 320whp FTMFW!), and from my limited knowledge of HP logic's services, some of the things that I was informed about Jet Pilots Z are out of HP logics area of "expertise", IMO. We can all play the "they suck, we're better game" but whats the point? They can be two great shops in the same area, if not also beneficial and constructive to both as well. We all share the same goal, enjoying our cars no matter who mods/tunes them.
This thread should be focused on shops where shady practices were done like poor craftsmanship and bad customer service. From what I know, neither Japtrix nor HP logic(including while next door to Japtrix) have had any major incidents. From my experience with the people involved in both, they have both always been straightforward with their clients. Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:17 PM
IslandZavage

+1.. Jacks always been cool to me.. Nothing like it when shops work together to help the customer out..
Old 05-04-2009, 02:05 PM
captj3

Jet you will be fine at Japtrix. They have been taking care of my Z since they installed my TT back in 05. There is nothing to worry about.

350z spd there is no need to try to start **** that doesn't exist, you get no brownie points for it. Crap like that will get you banned here.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:41 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Originally Posted by QuadCam
With the choice of the FCON, LArry is stuck with going to an authorized HKS PRO dealer. I don't think there are any other PRo Dealers in florida.

EDIT: just checked HKS's website. Billet Design and HORsePOWer LOgic are also PRO dealers for florida. Japtrix isn't listed........HKS probably hasn't updated their site.
Hi QuadCam,

Japtrix is an F-CON Pro Tuner.

It is my understanding that they are not listed on the HKS website due to an agreement between Roger A. and Roger C. when Horsepower logic split off from Japtrix to be it's own entity. Nonetheless, Japtrix is still an authorized HKS dealer and still tunes the F-CONs.

Roger C. is now doing the tuning for Japtrix.

Quick Reply: JAPTRIX For SAA3