Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

JAPTRIX For SAA3

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 07:07 PM
NismoTuner21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by captj3
350z spd there is no need to try to start **** that doesn't exist, you get no brownie points for it. Crap like that will get you banned here.
Damn dude, he's not getting banned, he was just stating his opinion. Freedom of speach ftw ***** sucka!!
Old 05-04-2009, 08:29 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll voice my opinion here...

Both Roger C. and Jack worked on my tune at various stages and they are both good tuners and very knowledgeable people.

There is no need to say "this guy sucks" and "this guy doesn't". That just isn't true. To say that in these forums does a disservice to the forum members.

Prior to the separation of HP Logic from Japtrix, they worked together. Indeed, on my first tune, they were both involved, working together as a team. I was very happy with the results. The two of them did, IMO, an outstanding job.

Jack started my second tune, but there was a wiring issue that affected my cam phasing. Jack neaded to head off to an event. Roger C. then found the wiring issue, corrected it, and then re-tuned. Again, I could not be happier with the results and he did an outstanding job.

At that time Japtrix and HP Logic were both owned by Roger C. and Roger A. Roger A. has left, taken HP Logic, and formed a new entity with Jack. Evidently, he felt that was in his best interest. Nonetheless, Roger C., Roger A. and Jack are all very nice people, and both Roger C. and Jack are highly competent tuners.

The BS coming out in this thread is just that, Bull ****. If you have a car that needs tuning, I beleive that either of these companies will serve you well. There is no need for bad mouthing either of them.

As a testament to their competencies, below are dyno graphs from my first tune and my second tune. The first dyno graph represents a weather corrected torque/hp curve on a hot day. Peak HP measured somewhere in the mid 550’s for RWHP, which weather corrected up to 584 RWHP. This tune was performed by Jack and Roger C. working as a team.

After that, I implemented a number of upgrades and then it was again tuned. In the second dyno graph, Peak RWHP measured 609, but was weather corrected to 603 RWHP since it was a cooler day. This tune was started by Jack, but completed by Roger C. Due to the cam phase issue, Roger C. re-tuned everything north of 2500 RPM if I remember correctly. One note, the dip in torque at 4000 rpm was intentional to add a safety margin since I was to race Homestead the following weekend.

Last edited by ttg35fort; 05-04-2009 at 09:54 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:18 PM
350z spd

I was simply just stating my opinnion on a shop where I take my car to. plain and simple. I can only state the facts of the place where I go. There is no issue here on badgering anyone.

Last edited by 350z spd; 05-04-2009 at 09:34 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:31 PM
350z spd

Jet you will be fine at Japtrix. They have been taking care of my Z since they installed my TT back in 05. There is nothing to worry about.

350z spd there is no need to try to start **** that doesn't exist, you get no brownie points for it. Crap like that will get you banned here.

First all of Jeff, I am not starting anything. I was just stating my opinion on a shop were I go to. Second of all I would not get banned for putting my 2 cents into a thread that is talking about a shop. There was no bashing of anyone whatsoever. Now if you dont like what I have to say then dont read my post. Now I do believe that we are all grown up here, so there shouldnt be any issues for anyone not acting like one.

Last edited by 350z spd; 05-04-2009 at 09:48 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:39 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Originally Posted by 350z spd
I was simply just stating my opinnion on a shop where I take my car to. plain and simple. I can only state the facts of the place where I go. There is no issue here on badgering anyone.
Are you the guy who picked up a friends car, assuring Roger that the friend would call him later that day with a credit card no., and then Japtrix never got paid for the job?
Old 05-04-2009, 09:44 PM
350z spd

Originally Posted by ttg35fort
Are you the guy who picked up a friends car, assuring Roger that the friend would call him later that day with a credit card no., and then Japtrix never got paid for the job?

No, First of all I would not take a car to get worked on if you were not able to pay for the work that was done on a car. So I think you got the wrong guy
Old 05-04-2009, 09:48 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

What are the facts??? Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see any facts posted about your experiences with Japtrix.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:58 PM
350z spd

Listen hear, I never mentioned japtrix I said Hp logic is by far the best for tunning. And I said Jack is a great guy. Now read the post where it was stated!

Originally Posted by QuadCam
With the choice of the FCON, LArry is stuck with going to an authorized HKS PRO dealer. I don't think there are any other PRo Dealers in florida.

EDIT: just checked HKS's website. Billet Design and HORsePOWer LOgic are also PRO dealers for florida. Japtrix isn't listed........HKS probably hasn't updated their site.
and this was my response to this guys post

Correct HP Logic is by far the best for tunning. Jack is an awesome guy and a great tuner

Now I had never mentioned Japtrix for a reason because I responded to his statement. I had never stated anything about japtrix for a reason. I had never taken my car there so why would I make a comment about there shop. Now if you can't read the post correctly then that is not my problem.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:59 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

No, First of all I would not take a car to get worked on if you were not able to pay for the work that was done on a car. So I think you got the wrong guy
Maybe that was Ghost_shift...
Old 05-04-2009, 10:03 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Listen hear, I never mentioned japtrix I said Hp logic is by far the best for tunning. And I said Jack is a great guy. Now read the post where it was stated!

and this was my response to this guys post

Now I had never mentioned Japtrix for a reason because I responded to his statement. I had never stated anything about japtrix for a reason. I had never taken my car there so why would I make a comment about there shop. Now if you can't read the post correctly then that is not my problem.
If you have never dealt with Japtrix, then how can you say "Hp logic is by far the best for tunning"????

Edited to remove inflamatory remarks.

Last edited by ttg35fort; 05-05-2009 at 09:24 AM.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:15 PM
350z spd

Originally Posted by ttg35fort
If you have never dealt with Japtrix, then how can you say "Hp logic is by far the best for tunning"????

Sounds to me like you are pulling it out of your @ss. Jack is good and Roger C. is good, but you obviously don't know your @ss from a hole in the ground.

You don't know me. You don't know what I do and do not know so for you to make a comment like that really shows how mature you really are. That is my right to have my opinion. Now if you want to starting pulling crap out of ur a$$ to look cool then be my guess

Last edited by 350z spd; 05-04-2009 at 10:18 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:18 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Like I said, all BS with nothing to back it up.

I'm done.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:33 AM
JETPILOT

So many posts go the wrong direction because of immature people taking threads off topic with their own agenda. The drama here is unrelenting. I have been here for 5 years and it has gotten worse and worse. No one bothers to clean the threads up here. Mods where are you?

350Z spd.... Your comments are clearly inflamatory and meant to get a rise out of certain individuals. Don't pretend you are an innocent party here. It's because of people like you the board is not worth participating in anymore.

Why the moderators or higher ups allow the message board run this way is beyond me. It's driving away the good people and inviting an undesireable element into the community. If you allow conrtroversy on the board you will only attract individuals who are looking for controversy.

I'm done here at my350Z. I'm done with all the controversy and nuthugging shop fan boys and immature behavior. JET logging out!

Isn't this the code of conduct posted back in Nov?

Classically, and even more-so lately, this forum has been full of hot-headed debates, name calling, bashing, and playing the victim.

Constantly, underhanded comments meant to rile up certain individuals are posted, and there have been far too many uncivilized comments posted on behalf of many members and sponsors. Not to mention there has been an epidemic of "calling out" certain individuals.
This will no longer be tolerated: neither from regular members, premier members, nor paid sponsors.

If the behavior in this forum does not improve immediately, bans willl be handed out like bracelets at a concert.

NO MORE WARNINGS WILL BE GIVEN.

Any attempts to play dumb, play the victim, place the blame on others for your own actions, or trying to get others banned, are highly looked down upon and will likely result in more extensive banishment.

If you are a paid sponsor, DO NOT post comments bashing other vendors, sponsors, or shops. This INCLUDES making posts that make ambiguous references to the vendor, sponsor, or shop in question. To clarify this "ambiguous reference" clause: in other words, don't make a post that says "I heard a certain shop shows bogus dyno numbers." If you have no FIRST HAND knowledge about a topic feel free to hit the subscribe button and watch. Assumptions, guesses, and accusations are not needed. This goes for everyone.

Feel free to click the "report bad post" button if you feel someone is violating these terms. ONCE PER THREAD is plenty.

--This message comes with support from the entirety of the my350z staff. Thank you.

Last edited by JETPILOT; 05-05-2009 at 12:40 AM.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:52 AM
NismoTuner21

ttg35fort, I do agree they are both great tuners. I have heard nothing but good things from both of them. But I also believe people are entitled to their own opinions. If 350z spd believes HP Logic is the best, then that is HIS opinion, there was no calling out of any kind to any specific shop (Billet Design or HP Logic). He has never had any experience with Japtrix and if he did I'm sure there wouldn't be any "bull ****" to be said about them because they do great work.

And JETPILOT, maybe the mods are sleeping like most other people... Hahah. But to answer the question at hand. You wouldn't be going wrong with FCON or either tuner.

Last edited by NismoTuner21; 05-05-2009 at 03:56 AM.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:03 AM
captj3

Terry 1st 350z spd and ghost are not the person you are talking about in regards to not paying. That I want to make clear.

Everyone is entitled to have there opinion about a shop when it was asked for. Last I remember Jet didn't ask for it. He was asking about something else. Reading and comprehending helps a little, so you were OT. I think Jet posting the rules pretty much explains the banning comment. At this point I can go on, but I'll leave it alone for now and let this thread get back on topic. If any of you care to discuss this more we can do it at the next meet. No this is not a threat, just to be clear.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:27 AM
350z 6spd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hhmmm

Last edited by 350z 6spd; 05-05-2009 at 07:37 AM.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:39 AM
NismoTuner21

You are all blowing this way out of proportion. All 350z Spd was saying was, in his opinion, HP Logic is the best at tuning. He never once mentioned Japtrix. Was it a smart thing to say being that he has never been to any other shop? No, but nevertheless that is his opinion and that's ALL IT IS, nothing more, nothing less. Captj3 since you brought it up, IIRC, just as nobody asked for 350z Spd's opinion, nobody asked for yours either. To all those who think there is this conspiracy going on and he is trying to stir up b.s., all I can say is you are thinking too hard. Just because he thinks that someone is a good tuner doesn't mean he is a nuthugger like everyone else who tries to defend a shop to the bitter end.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:26 AM
ttg35fort
Professional

Terry 1st 350z spd and ghost are not the person you are talking about in regards to not paying. That I want to make clear.

Everyone is entitled to have there opinion about a shop when it was asked for. Last I remember Jet didn't ask for it. He was asking about something else. Reading and comprehending helps a little, so you were OT. I think Jet posting the rules pretty much explains the banning comment. At this point I can go on, but I'll leave it alone for now and let this thread get back on topic. If any of you care to discuss this more we can do it at the next meet. No this is not a threat, just to be clear.

Your right captj3, what I said was OT. I edited my post to remove that.

Also, I want to sincerely appologize to the forum members, and especially JetPilot, for over reacting to the posts herein and taking the thread further off topic.

I should not let my frustration with the plethura of underhanded comments being posted in this forum suck me into the worthless debates...

Last edited by ttg35fort; 05-05-2009 at 09:49 AM.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:00 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't we all just get along?

I can't wait to see Jet back on the track, which will be the ultimate test for his latest build.

I am confident the results will be very pleasant

-George
GT Motorsports
Old 05-05-2009, 04:20 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

so what day is the tune again? does Japtrix race cars so they know how to setup for a road course and not just street driving?

Quick Reply: JAPTRIX For SAA3