Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Vortech + Osiris + Kinetix What to expect?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 08:47 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 350Z400rwhp
To answer your question on the meth, I gained 16whp with it. I would spend the money on a meth kit and a 2.87 pulley. I have a utec and it starts just fine every time. Maybe once in awhile it will stumble a bit but just blip the throttle. Its really not a big deal. I added my dyno graph so you can see where the meth adds power, just look at the dotted and solid lines.
What boost level you spray? and 50/50?
Old 05-26-2009, 10:33 PM
sweettalker
Banned

I have 390WHP on my revup vortech kit. I have the 440cc injectors, Osiris Uprev, powerlab spacer. i havea the 3.12 pulley. I am in socal so I have crappy 91 octane. I had utec but I sold it and got uprev. Although I never installed the Utec on my car I just figured it's easier with uprev since it's a reflash and I don't have to hack up anywires or install issues. I also never had any problems starting the car or hesitating. I also can switch between few difference maps on the blip of my finger to the cruise control. You can put race gas mode, valet mode and etc. total of 5 modes. I thought that was a plus and seemed so much simpler since it works on stock ecu.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:13 AM
tylerxfire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sweettalker
I have 390WHP on my revup vortech kit. I have the 440cc injectors, Osiris Uprev, powerlab spacer. i havea the 3.12 pulley. I am in socal so I have crappy 91 octane. I had utec but I sold it and got uprev. Although I never installed the Utec on my car I just figured it's easier with uprev since it's a reflash and I don't have to hack up anywires or install issues. I also never had any problems starting the car or hesitating. I also can switch between few difference maps on the blip of my finger to the cruise control. You can put race gas mode, valet mode and etc. total of 5 modes. I thought that was a plus and seemed so much simpler since it works on stock ecu.
and u have never thrown any codes correct?
Old 05-27-2009, 08:13 AM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
Haha tyler...=cel hater =)
Old 05-27-2009, 08:58 AM
tylerxfire

Originally Posted by Chef-J
Haha tyler...=cel hater =)
haha..i know man its the devil

check engine light tyler
Old 05-27-2009, 10:24 AM
350z006

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

If you have a good osiris tuner they should be able to remove any unwanted codes...I don't have hardly any codes any more....

Old 05-27-2009, 11:22 AM
tylerxfire

Originally Posted by 350z006
If you have a good osiris tuner they should be able to remove any unwanted codes...I don't have hardly any codes any more....
doesnt quite work like that i dont think...im pretty sure say i had a code on and went and got a reflash to remove the code that i would still fail my nys inspection because the machine would still detect it even if it wasnt showing up with the light..i just flat out cant have any codes come up and dont want my dash looking like a christmas tree anyway, i didnt build the car the way it is to have all kinds of warning lights on..
Old 05-27-2009, 12:50 PM
350z006

I don't think you understand what I'm saying...with a good tuner you can eliminate the codes, period, not hide it...

doesnt quite work like that i dont think...im pretty sure say i had a code on and went and got a reflash to remove the code that i would still fail my nys inspection because the machine would still detect it even if it wasnt showing up with the light..i just flat out cant have any codes come up and dont want my dash looking like a christmas tree anyway, i didnt build the car the way it is to have all kinds of warning lights on..
Old 05-27-2009, 01:18 PM
bd0g36

Originally Posted by 350z006
I don't think you understand what I'm saying...with a good tuner you can eliminate the codes, period, not hide it...
Are you saying that is only true with Osiris, or the Utec as well?

I'm trying to figure out what to do. I can switch to Osiris and sell Utec and come out even. So I just want to know what is the better system for being boosted with the vortech.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:28 PM
350z006

Technosquare and GTM have reflashes that can fix CEL's too...it all depends on your tuner and what they can do...

And yes, you can do this stuff with a Utec, in combination with a reflash of some sort...the main reason I went with Osiris is that I didn't want the transitions between ECU and piggyback...i was actually initially going to use a SS Box until my tuner convinced me to go Osiris...

In the end, it all depends on your tuner and what they're good at...I would use that as a basis for your decision...

Originally Posted by bd0g36
Are you saying that is only true with Osiris, or the Utec as well?

I'm trying to figure out what to do. I can switch to Osiris and sell Utec and come out even. So I just want to know what is the better system for being boosted with the vortech.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:48 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

FYI

those reflashes erase CELs but they Do NOT put the system into ready status. you WILL fail your emission tests with a reflash fix.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:44 PM
tylerxfire

Originally Posted by str8dum1
FYI

those reflashes erase CELs but they Do NOT put the system into ready status. you WILL fail your emission tests with a reflash fix.
yeah thats what i was trying to say..it has to totally be tuned out so there is never a code to have to try and clear with a reflash.. i have heard of some poeple doing this where they are not required to have to pass inspection and just didnt want the light on..
Old 05-27-2009, 07:25 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

yeah thats what i was trying to say..it has to totally be tuned out so there is never a code to have to try and clear with a reflash.. i have heard of some poeple doing this where they are not required to have to pass inspection and just didnt want the light on..
Move to other state tyler lol Foreal man NY is Pain in butt to deal with those stuff.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:30 PM
tylerxfire

Move to other state tyler lol Foreal man NY is Pain in butt to deal with those stuff.
lol..stalker.....yeah man it sucks, really makes me have to plan my route of attack so i dont get screwed and not be able to drive the damn car because of a stupid light on the dash
Old 05-27-2009, 07:33 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

lol..stalker.....yeah man it sucks, really makes me have to plan my route of attack so i dont get screwed and not be able to drive the damn car because of a stupid light on the dash
Ummm how about find a hook up? i'm sure there is place they do cheat lol and you can just delete light everytime pop up.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:58 PM
tylerxfire

Ummm how about find a hook up? i'm sure there is place they do cheat lol and you can just delete light everytime pop up.
oh i have a hook-up, but theres no way to beat the computer u get hooked up to..i have to get hooked into the obd port with a computer that even if i go clear the code it will still appear to the computer and automatic fail until the car has been driven through a complete cycle with no codes coming up..
Old 05-27-2009, 08:58 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i havent had a CEL related to my supercharger that led to a non-ready code ever with my setup (well besides when my ecu and utec fried).

not sure why you think you are soo doomed to get one.

plus it only takes a little bit of driving to get an all ready status as well after the CEL is cleared.
any actron reader shows readiness.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:12 AM
350z006

Hmm...well in that case I can only vouch for Osiris and my tuner...I regularly check my ODBII for codes and I don't get any codes, but like I said, my tuner tuned my car so I don't get those codes...it's particularly pertinent here in California, we have the strictest emission laws of all...

I guess in the end it doesn't matter what tool you have, whether it be Osiris, piggyback like SS box or Utec, or Technosquare, you need a good tuner to make sure you don't get codes...

It makes me wonder what the point of all these other reflashes are if they don't totally get rid of the codes...

FYI

Last edited by 350z006; 05-28-2009 at 07:14 AM.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:12 AM
tylerxfire

i havent had a CEL related to my supercharger that led to a non-ready code ever with my setup (well besides when my ecu and utec fried).

not sure why you think you are soo doomed to get one.

plus it only takes a little bit of driving to get an all ready status as well after the CEL is cleared.
any actron reader shows readiness.
i dont think im doomed to get a cel...i actually feel my car is pretty prone to throwing codes i just wanna take all precautionary actions not to..id rather not deal with it if it happens..id much rather have it all planned out so i have no worries..its not about having to clear the code and drive through a cycle i just dont wanna throw codes period..like i said i dont want my dashboard lookin like a christmans tree and didnt build the car to be throwing codes..also it takes about 100 miles or so to drive through a full drive cycle before i can get inspected, even if u clear it with that actron code reader then drive around and check it again and it doesnt show up, it still will with the obd scanner that nys has unless the car has been driven through a complete cycle like i said which is around 100 miles..
Old 05-28-2009, 07:13 AM
tylerxfire

i originally went vortech for the fact to avoid codes unlike the turbo kits, if i werent gonna worry about it and not care i wouldnt even have the vortech right now and would have a tt kit

Quick Reply: Vortech + Osiris + Kinetix What to expect?