Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Rear Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 05:23 PM
custommuffler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

With the 25 pounds I was referring to capability of turbo. Its capable of more boost in a different configuration. Street cars (ie daily drivers) have limited capability with piping route/sizing. Meaning, you would never have to get another turbo for further mods nor would you need another oil return pump.

I should have made that clear all in the first post. Noted. But I do stand on the fact that 5-8 pounds will not need a tune nor larger injectors. This is bang-for-buck in a really depressed economy. No need for people to think Brand X at 7g is gonna stop you from a decent build on a budget. Thats the bottom line.

When you were 17-21, would u have liked an option that cheap? Thats all my kit is intended for. When pocket bikes came out, I jumped on the mod bandwagon just to sell more units. Everyone was mad because expensive bikes were now cheaper and newbies could hop on and start racing without spending half as most others. But, just as I thought, it actually made the sport grow by getting more people into it (citing: I was not the only seller in the U.S.). I`ll never forget where I started in cars. It wasnt even on a beer budget,,,we still had to buy beer.

Helping new guys out doesn`t always help if you throw Rick Dobberton`s J2000 at em and say thats what you need to build or you aint jack. They just stopped their car experience right there.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:41 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by custommuffler
With the 25 pounds I was referring to capability of turbo. Its capable of more boost in a different configuration. Street cars (ie daily drivers) have limited capability with piping route/sizing. Meaning, you would never have to get another turbo for further mods nor would you need another oil return pump.

I should have made that clear all in the first post. Noted. But I do stand on the fact that 5-8 pounds will not need a tune nor larger injectors. This is bang-for-buck in a really depressed economy. No need for people to think Brand X at 7g is gonna stop you from a decent build on a budget. Thats the bottom line.

When you were 17-21, would u have liked an option that cheap? Thats all my kit is intended for. When pocket bikes came out, I jumped on the mod bandwagon just to sell more units. Everyone was mad because expensive bikes were now cheaper and newbies could hop on and start racing without spending half as most others. But, just as I thought, it actually made the sport grow by getting more people into it (citing: I was not the only seller in the U.S.). I`ll never forget where I started in cars. It wasnt even on a beer budget,,,we still had to buy beer.

Helping new guys out doesn`t always help if you throw Rick Dobberton`s J2000 at em and say thats what you need to build or you aint jack. They just stopped their car experience right there.
Clarity is the key (especially here).

I see a position for your product in the marketplace. The next step is to build one, dyno it, and show everyone what it looks like and the dyno results. Once you do that, I beleive that the forum will be much, much more receptive.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:43 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alright now your F-N with us you are not the same guy that posted earlier today. Way more sensible and relaxed can't be the same guy....unless i pushed a few buttons earlier

I still don't think you can add 5-8psi of boost without adding more fuel or pulling out a bunch of timing can you please explain how its done? More air needs more fuel or less timing as far as I know there is no way around that. At least tell us you use an SAFC to help decide how much detonation you want
Old 09-09-2009, 06:07 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Have you ever run a VQ35 at 8 lbs of boost and not needed more fuel or a tune?? I just have full exhaust intake and plenum spacer and my car runs lean.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:11 PM
BoostedProbe

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

But I do stand on the fact that 5-8 pounds will not need a tune nor larger injectors.
I want to see this kit installed, and please, for everyone here that has done so much stuff to these cars, make a video of your kit running 5-8psi on stock injectors and no tuning.

I know (and all others here) that this will be a very short video, and really entertaining. Make sure you have a shot of the expression on your face once the destruction begins. It would also be nice to do a full diagnostics of a failed engine under these conditions.

Last edited by BoostedProbe; 09-09-2009 at 07:12 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:29 PM
thom000001

isn't that how they took care of the cash-for-clunkers cars????????

tom

Originally Posted by BoostedProbe
I want to see this kit installed, and please, for everyone here that has done so much stuff to these cars, make a video of your kit running 5-8psi on stock injectors and no tuning.

I know (and all others here) that this will be a very short video, and really entertaining. Make sure you have a shot of the expression on your face once the destruction begins. It would also be nice to do a full diagnostics of a failed engine under these conditions.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:05 PM
FredB

Originally Posted by BoostedProbe
I want pics! Can I get V-tak with my these kits?
Why are you calling this guy out, when the kit you built will probably fall off when you hit a speed bump. And you cant even figure out how to tune your own car. You would have been better off just buying a PL kit and dropping it off at a shop that knows what they are doing. Before your next thread is "why is there a gaping hole in my block and my car wont start"

Pushing people away with negativity only hurts your community as a whole because these people will say f off and move on to the next community. As mature adults why don't you just welcome them, and be patient for results?

Custommuffler, you'll soon find that everyone on the internet wants everything for nothing. And when you put a low price out, they wonder why its so cheap and pick it apart, whereas on the other hand when its so expensive they want you to justify everything with a million dyno graphs, a couple thousand pictures, etc. Just make it, prove it and release it and you'll be fine.

Last edited by FredB; 09-09-2009 at 09:10 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:01 PM
marra23

Originally Posted by FredB
they wonder why its so cheap and pick it apart, whereas on the other hand when its so expensive they want you to justify everything with a million dyno graphs, a couple thousand pictures, etc.
It ain't the price....it's his reason.
Wake up mate, it's the internet.
How you recon you're gonna sell anything with out proof?....million dyno graphs, a couple thousand pictures, ect.

Just make it, prove it and release it and you'll be fine
That's just about the worst advice ever, tell him why he'll be fine.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:55 AM
widerisbetter

So can I gain 30 to 50 hp on an HR if I use two electric turbos??
Old 09-10-2009, 05:00 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There's no reason he cant build that kit for so cheap. Boostedprobe did it that cheap. Aluminized piping is cheap. Prolly only a few hundred there. Just need a good sump pump at like $200, a garret clone turbo and a $100 ebay FMIC. Those cheap chinese parts will be just fine at low boost which is what the kit is designed for. There was a DIY build a few years ago when a guy fabbed a single kit using a chinese turbo and wastegate. Jeremy Tibbs tuned it and it made 400 whp pretty easily and AFAIK its still going....

AS boostedprobe's thread shows us, doesnt take a rocket scientist to fab up some piping. a good exhaust shop could fab a kit in a few hours, as its no harder than making an exhaust. Make a jig and you can do small production runs.

the no tuning bit is naive. but a $2000 rear mount kit is definitely a possibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedProbe View Post
I want pics! Can I get V-tak with my these kits?
Why are you calling this guy out, when the kit you built will probably fall off when you hit a speed bump. And you cant even figure out how to tune your own car. You would have been better off just buying a PL kit and dropping it off at a shop that knows what they are doing. Before your next thread is "why is there a gaping hole in my block and my car wont start"

Pushing people away with negativity only hurts your community as a whole because these people will say f off and move on to the next community. As mature adults why don't you just welcome them, and be patient for results?

Custommuffler, you'll soon find that everyone on the internet wants everything for nothing. And when you put a low price out, they wonder why its so cheap and pick it apart, whereas on the other hand when its so expensive they want you to justify everything with a million dyno graphs, a couple thousand pictures, etc. Just make it, prove it and release it and you'll be fine

Last edited by str8dum1; 09-10-2009 at 05:03 AM.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:31 AM
BoostedProbe

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FredB

Why not? Make a kit first, get it out tune it and have some proof. Have you ever made one? I am not saying it is difficult by any means. As far as tuning goes, please go back and finish reading the threads regarding my tunning issues.

You are right I proably should have spent $4.5k on a powerlab, another $1.5k on an install $2k on Haltech, and $1k on tuning. My kit keeps "falling off" all the time. I carry a jack in the car with some duck tape wherever I go. It is getting annoying, at least the parking lots are big so I can just pull over and work on it.

Originally Posted by str8dum1
There's no reason he cant build that kit for so cheap. Boostedprobe did it that cheap. Aluminized piping is cheap. Prolly only a few hundred there. Just need a good sump pump at like $200, a garret clone turbo and a $100 ebay FMIC. Those cheap chinese parts will be just fine at low boost which is what the kit is designed for. There was a DIY build a few years ago when a guy fabbed a single kit using a chinese turbo and wastegate. Jeremy Tibbs tuned it and it made 400 whp pretty easily and AFAIK its still going....

AS boostedprobe's thread shows us, doesnt take a rocket scientist to fab up some piping. a good exhaust shop could fab a kit in a few hours, as its no harder than making an exhaust. Make a jig and you can do small production runs.

the no tuning bit is naive. but a $2000 rear mount kit is definitely a possibility.
Yup, you can build it really cheap by buying cheaper materials for sure. You will see people doing this more and more with the Z's, do to the falling price and age of the 350z's. You will also see more problems too, I mean, would you really trust an ebay waste gate, or turbo?

I sat down a while ago and added it all up, every bolt, washer, couplers....ect. My build cost me about $ 3320. This is not including the Haltech and the dual wideband controller.

Turbo, wastegate, scavenge pump, IC and you are at $1400 already.

Last edited by BoostedProbe; 09-10-2009 at 05:40 AM.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:34 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Wow, I took a few days off to do some work and I come back to see this, I don't even know where to start with this one:

1. A non-vendor selling products on the forum. The fact that the mods have let this happen just proves what a complete joke this kit is. Are you a graduate of the Scott Bush school of Mechanics or the SGP Scool of Marketing?

2. The complete lack of understanding how not to blow up a VQ35

3. Your posts about headwork confirm you are clueless

Is this another www.myf^ckinghonduh.com forum? One mistake can cause flaming to death...like a BBQ-*****.
Believe it or not, people like the OP get flamed so other noobs don't come in the F/I section to do research, see this thread of stupidity and try and save money by contacting the OP and then blowing up their car shortly afterward. BS is called when we see it, plain and simple.

Noobs defending noobs = FAIL as has been stated many times, first post thread starters in F/I are NOT WELCOME

5. How bad of a person do you have to be to get Gord pissed off? He is usually as cool as the other side of the pillow

OP, you may be a master in the Mustang world, but it appears you have neither the attitude nor aptitude for this forum or platform.

Last edited by Cass007; 09-10-2009 at 05:36 AM.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:39 AM
Vas@Extended
Vendor - Former Vendor

HAH.. damn this thread is still going??? where are the mods?

Pix of the kid or / THREAD.

The end.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:07 AM
Dark8lue

pm me with price i will def get one f u guys...................LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-10-2009, 06:08 AM
Dark8lue

looooool close thread!!
Old 09-10-2009, 06:59 AM
custommuffler

Well, if you ever get down this away, stop in. Until then,,,have fun. Everyone on this site knows too damn much alraedy.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:39 AM
widerisbetter

You think his mustang has wheelie bars and a got wheelies sticker???

In all seriousness though, The OP might might have a decent product. But his ignorance of the VQ platform has shown with the no tunning required statement.

So until a working kit on a VQ35xx is shown with results, all we are doing is
Old 09-10-2009, 10:09 AM
Xzero

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
Wow, that is the cleanest engine bay I have EVER seen on a G35.......

VERY well done!
Old 09-10-2009, 10:32 AM
Sylvan Lake V35

^^^^ thank you! the engine is coming out this weekend so hopefully its cleaner next year i want to make a few changes and I am already repolishing the timing cover if you ever want to see it in person PM me and come on down to Sylvan.

Originally Posted by Cass007
Noobs defending noobs = FAIL as has been stated many times, first post thread starters in F/I are NOT WELCOME

The fact that the other n00bs can't see the issues with the "kit" says it all.

I think the mods are letting it go because its more of a joke than an actual sales opportunity IMO.

Last edited by Sylvan Lake V35; 09-10-2009 at 10:34 AM.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:34 AM
soleil
NolaZcc

my friend had some bad experiences with this company....he is about to post some chit, that will be very entertaining

Quick Reply: Rear Turbo Kit