Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

11.1cr + twin turbo = ??????

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 12:27 PM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BrazenZ
To the OP, I have a GTO twin turbo'ed LS2 motor with 11 to 1 CR. I'm running 7.5 psi boost on premium gas. It spools up fast. I know that comparing the LS2 to the VQ is like apples and oranges, but I think you could built a similiar setup with your motor, and would make an increduebly quick street rod.
I think you said it best with apples to oranges. The displacement of your LS2 and relative small size of turbos (unless you have twin GT47s or larger) is the reason it spools so fast. Yes you (VQ35) can get away with 7.5, 8, 10+psi on a properly tuned 11:1 motor... But the 8.5:1 @ 18psi is going to destroy you with only a minimal trade of low-rpm power.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:51 PM
andz33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see where everyone coming from about the low boost, but I'm not trying to build a crazy hp monester like the most of you. Plus my car is a 5at so I would have to stay under the 500 mark or I'll need to get a fully built transmission to handle or 500. I know boost is addictive as mostly everyone with fi tends to turn the boost up at some point. It's just a thought at the moment and wanted to see what problems I would run into. thanks for all the info everyone