Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Hill's Garage Dyno and Tuning Services Experience

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 04:26 PM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz
I also saw a stock g35 (on stock bridgestones) explode an axle at Capital.....preloading is the key though.
Plenty of N/A broken axles out there...F/I only makes a bad driver worse...
Old 01-16-2010, 04:29 PM
thefireboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so i posted this thread up inthe mid-a as well because not everybody looks here for post. and it was deleted so i guess this one will be deleted so as well...
Old 01-16-2010, 04:43 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

It's possible....Frank isn't a forum sponsor.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:45 PM
thefireboy

this not a promotion thread this is mearly an experience thread...and progress of my car
Old 01-16-2010, 04:47 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

I know.....just sayin'.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:49 PM
thefireboy

i think its just rediculous,
Old 01-16-2010, 05:00 PM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thefireboy
i think its just rediculous,
Should be right in the rules to not post 1 post twice. I doubt it was deleted for any other reason.

As to inflated #s I think that's more so about the Dyno Jet, my car laid down 373 as with another car with almost the same setup, it also put down 37x both on FTs dyno, sure enough AAM's dyno jet managed to see 43x

Glad to see another tuner option, this guy as with JE performance! Did you have it dynoed in Annapolis or At hills? I noticed the dyno said Annapolis. I work right outside of Annapolis, be nice to have a shop that close to me!
Old 01-16-2010, 05:20 PM
thefireboy

Originally Posted by jeffie7
Should be right in the rules to not post 1 post twice. I doubt it was deleted for any other reason.

As to inflated #s I think that's more so about the Dyno Jet, my car laid down 373 as with another car with almost the same setup, it also put down 37x both on FTs dyno, sure enough AAM's dyno jet managed to see 43x

Glad to see another tuner option, this guy as with JE performance! Did you have it dynoed in Annapolis or At hills? I noticed the dyno said Annapolis. I work right outside of Annapolis, be nice to have a shop that close to me!
and see i have heard the other way around, that the dyno jet dynos where the ones that where more accurate and the dnyo dynamics where the low ones..
no there is no shop in annapolis. it is mearly where he stores the dyno and maybe do some stuff on the side.
all of tuning and performance work will go through Hills garage. weather the tuning is in annapolis or at hills garage. the dyno is portable and set up just as if it was a in floor setup just on a trailer as you can see in the pic.. its totally up to frank smith or what ever is easier.
but also hills garage is not that far from annapolis.. 30 mins or less
Old 01-16-2010, 05:34 PM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

and see i have heard the other way around, that the dyno jet dynos where the ones that where more accurate and the dnyo dynamics where the low ones..
no there is no shop in annapolis. it is mearly where he stores the dyno and maybe do some stuff on the side.
all of tuning and performance work will go through Hills garage. weather the tuning is in annapolis or at hills garage. the dyno is portable and set up just as if it was a in floor setup just on a trailer as you can see in the pic.. its totally up to frank smith or what ever is easier.
but also hills garage is not that far from annapolis.. 30 mins or less
I'll take what I can get! more HP for me FTW!
Old 01-16-2010, 06:50 PM
nyqueenz

well everything will be done at franks shop for the most part.. its not really a tuning shop, just a place for him to tinker around at.. but everything will through hills garage. and they will work out the details from there.... if frank has time he can take people for rides if he wants... but i know the tags are dead on it right now until i get him the new ones....
bro your tags dead too..lol i guess i will be seein u in da DMV line.. great numbers btw. i know Frank will take care of me too. "Next"
Old 01-17-2010, 03:47 AM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

so i posted this thread up inthe mid-a as well because not everybody looks here for post. and it was deleted so i guess this one will be deleted so as well...
No, I'm sure it's double posted thread. before I made a thread similar like yours. Mod just told me that just not write his/shop name on my sig then its all good.
Btw, congrat man!
Old 01-17-2010, 05:32 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nyqueenz
bro your tags dead too..lol i guess i will be seein u in da DMV line.. great numbers btw. i know Frank will take care of me too. "Next"
Fo' shizzle Lance, I spoke to Frank about helping with some cosmetic stuff for my upcoming show and he said that you were the next project that would be taking a chunk of time. Stay safe!!
Old 01-17-2010, 07:19 AM
jumpin800agl
8 to 11

nice numbers on that G37. Makes me more excited about doing turbos again.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:00 AM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats Nick on finally being able to enjoy your car......i wondered what happened to the old thread as i know i posted in it.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:06 AM
MDHRZ

It would be nice if all the shop experience threads stayed around.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:22 PM
thefireboy

^^^ i sure do man i sure do.. but paying all that money to be a sponsor on here gives you the power to erase all of the bad thread or experiences that happened at the shop instead of manin up and fixing the situation...
frank is a up and coming shop with great potential
Old 01-18-2010, 06:18 AM
XKR

Congrats Nick.... Congrats to Frank also.....he builds... Installs and now tunes...sucks to be the other shops in the area

As someone posted...at the airstrip... It's from a roll....you don't have to race anyone... You could run by yourself also..... It's just a fun day out... UNLESS YOUR NAME IS RAJ !!!!!
Old 01-18-2010, 08:09 AM
ToastZ

Originally Posted by XKR
Congrats Nick.... Congrats to Frank also.....he builds... Installs and now tunes...sucks to be the other shops in the area

As someone posted...at the airstrip... It's from a roll....you don't have to race anyone... You could run by yourself also..... It's just a fun day out... UNLESS YOUR NAME IS RAJ !!!!!
Good point Mike. A lot of the runs down the strip last year were not side by side racing. There is plenty of time during the day to put your car down the strip multiple times without racing anyone allowing you to push the car as hard as you want.

Definitely worth the trip out imo for nothing less than to have a safe place to run for a day. The weather did not cooperate entirely last year which kept the speeds down, but there is enough room to get up to around 130-140 depending upon where you start and how good your brakes are
Old 01-18-2010, 08:38 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice car/solid numbers
Old 01-18-2010, 09:02 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

thefireboy, glad you finally got it worked out! I remember having your car on our dyno at ZdayZ with all kinds of tuning troubles! Now you can enjoy it

Quick Reply: Hill's Garage Dyno and Tuning Services Experience