Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Vortech T-Trim tuner kit, couple of questions….

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 11:38 PM
ramirj2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vortech T-Trim tuner kit, couple of questions….

Received a Vortech T-Trim tuner kit (did not know this alternative was available until a month ago).

It has all a regular tuner kit has but no Intercooler and the blower is replaced for a T-Trim
I already ordered an intercooler with a 24x12x4 core for the kit.

Other supporting mods I have
600cc injectors
1step colder plugs
Catch can
Utec
Map sensor
Utec Tuner wide band
Walbro 255
Power train and breathing mods.

Will get;
Oil Cooler
Return Fuel kit
Oil Pan Spacer

Think everything is cover but there are 2 things that I’m not sure and need some feedback from you guys. I’m just looking for 400whp stock block for now.

1-Want to do flash to my ECU to handle the 600cc to have a better idle and avoid hot start issues. Live in Puerto Rico hot and humid pretty much all year. For those gone this route, Did you see an improvement? I know many have ditch the Utec for Osiris, but it will be $1k more with the Tuner/e-map and upgraded MAF and do not know if there is a tuner for it on the island + already have all I need on the Utec to make it work.
2-Have my doubts if tapping the oil pan or buying return line along with the oil pan spacer. Know tapping the pan is a better choice (less resistance on the path).But for those of you with the return lines to a spacer, any issue or draw back?

Have read many threads on these subjects but still have my doubts so will appreciate your feedback.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:54 AM
350Z400rwhp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Returning to the spacer works fine.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:00 AM
Blck350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In relation to the oil pan spacer... PM "JTGLI" on the subject. About 2 years ago his brother had a T-Trim and it burnt the bearings in the blower 2 or 3 times....Vortech atributed it to the oil pan spacer for lack of flow..... JTGLI then took the rebuilt blower from his brother and installed it on his Z and it ran GREAT and he had his block tapped.... I would've bought it if it was for sale when he eventually upgraded to a greddy tt.... it sounds MEAN and it was quick.