Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

3rd Annual Forged Performance Airstrip Event!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 07:02 PM
thatv35guy

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

I wish we had an airstrip event nearby...
Old 01-28-2011, 04:54 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No chance at redemption for my blue paperweight
Old 01-28-2011, 02:04 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XKR
Well.... The airstrip event became part of ZdayZ... And more people became aware of the event...... I am sure the first second and third Zdayz event did not have as much members as it does now...

You know what it takes to put a car on a road course vs the airstrip!!! I am sure the gate fee for this new track will not be cheap....

This is just my opinion....
I was getting bored of driving in a straight line anyways.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:08 PM
ToastZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't even know how to drive in a straight line anymore after surviving my first year of HPDE's at 5 different tracks. What they call a "straight" at a road course is typically not straight at all, LOL! Even turn 9 at road atlanta is basically handled as part of the "back straight" )))))))

If the new park is open we'd certainly have a lot of fun. Hopefully Sharif can control the cost since its only one day- maybe it will not be too much north of the ~$125 airstrip cost, let's wait and see what develops. Road Course is my first choice now that Raj will probably not race me down the airstrip after he successfully nabbed a ride after the top secret tune at forged last week, lol.

I can already envision the forged time attack competition to finish off the day to take home the trophy.

Last edited by ToastZ; 01-31-2011 at 05:11 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:44 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Congrats on the new upgrades Paul. That acceleration is intense at your 19 psi setting. Sharif has instructions to tune my G to 19-20 psi so we'll see if it keeps up with a little help from a rocket scientist Airstrip or no, we are going head to head, winner gets a steak dinner at the lodge?
Old 01-31-2011, 06:04 PM
GreenGoblin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well Raj if you loose you could just make Mike pay for it... He owes you

Hi Mike
Old 01-31-2011, 06:08 PM
rcdash

Ha Ha - you tell 'em.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:34 AM
ToastZ

Originally Posted by rcdash
Congrats on the new upgrades Paul. That acceleration is intense at your 19 psi setting. Sharif has instructions to tune my G to 19-20 psi so we'll see if it keeps up with a little help from a rocket scientist Airstrip or no, we are going head to head, winner gets a steak dinner at the lodge?
Sounds like a good match, can't wait. I have not even driven my car hard at the 19 psi setting yet, lol.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:39 AM
MADScientist

^^^ Just wait until you see what I will be rollin this year... ^^^
Old 02-04-2011, 06:48 AM
Ryan@Forged
Vendor - Former Vendor

This is definitely going to be an event to remember. Can't wait to see how it all shakes down
Old 02-04-2011, 07:27 AM
ToastZ

Originally Posted by MADScientist
This should be fun, you always come ready to take home the trophy!!!!

Whether its the track or the airstrip I'm all in either way. Can't wait, I think there are some GTR's possibly coming that will make my 19 psi tune look silly, lol.

I'm guessing Sharif has a couple of GTR customers we've never met lurking out there with etunes that been massaged over months and months of pulls and track time; every time I see Sharif he has the laptop open , even at lunch and dinner - lol.

Sharif is pretty tight lipped on some of them and their performance - he only says stuff like "very impressive" and the "tools are way better", etc. I know my car runs strong but I have only scratched the surface; I have a feeling if any of the others show up its a whole new ballgame folks. We better hope Ryan leaves his GTR in marietta if we want a chance this year
Old 02-04-2011, 08:26 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

a typical HPDE is about 500$. It was a tough sell for the airstrip at like 150$ for most people. how many people does the organizers really expect if the entry is 300+$ for the road course?
Old 02-04-2011, 10:06 AM
Ryan@Forged
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ToastZ
This should be fun, you always come ready to take home the trophy!!!!

Whether its the track or the airstrip I'm all in either way. Can't wait, I think there are some GTR's possibly coming that will make my 19 psi tune look silly, lol.

I'm guessing Sharif has a couple of GTR customers we've never met lurking out there with etunes that been massaged over months and months of pulls and track time; every time I see Sharif he has the laptop open , even at lunch and dinner - lol.

Sharif is pretty tight lipped on some of them and their performance - he only says stuff like "very impressive" and the "tools are way better", etc. I know my car runs strong but I have only scratched the surface; I have a feeling if any of the others show up its a whole new ballgame folks. We better hope Ryan leaves his GTR in marietta if we want a chance this year

Doubt the GTR will be left in Marietta for this one Not sure I'll throw it in the competition or not, but I'll at least be throwing it on track. Guess you'll just have to wait and see.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:27 AM
rcdash

Originally Posted by MADScientist
your sig says an 05 Z. M6 gone?

str8dum1, if the road course doesn't work out, the airstrip likely will happen, so either way, it's a win. Let's see if AMP opens on schedule even...

Last edited by rcdash; 02-04-2011 at 10:32 AM.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:44 AM
ToastZ

Originally Posted by Ryan@Forged
Doubt the GTR will be left in Marietta for this one Not sure I'll throw it in the competition or not, but I'll at least be throwing it on track. Guess you'll just have to wait and see.
Awesome, I know you missed out last year and this year is shaping up to be a good one. After seeing your car go around Road Atlanta on one of the milder tunes its going to be interesting to see it go down the airstrip or timed around AMP.

ZdayZ aside for a sec, I'm very excited about adding a third track to our southeast rotation for 2011 Barber, Road Atlanta and AMP - and then there were three!
Old 02-04-2011, 01:19 PM
rcdash

I went to the AMP website and apparently the park still is just a large patch of dirt at the moment. I have serious reservations about the likelihood of the park being ready on time. All sorts of factors out of anyone's control could cause delays. The price tag is another issue for many and shouldn't be dismissed. Does anyone know what the participant price actually will be?

Members organized the airstrip the first time around and we can do it again if there is a large enough core group. Maybe we should set up a poll or a sign up list and see what kind of activity there is?
Old 02-04-2011, 03:52 PM
ToastZ

I'll sign up for either one. I am attending whatever happens so:

1. ToastZ
Old 02-04-2011, 07:58 PM
rcdash

^ yeah, I meant besides you and me.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:01 PM
IslandZavage

i missed all the Zdayz and events.. im really hoping to actually go this year... strip or track ill be happy, though the strip would of been fun to compare setups/etc....
Old 02-09-2011, 09:06 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by GreenGoblin
Well Raj if you loose you could just make Mike pay for it... He owes you

Hi Mike
...Trust me...Raj knows what the BEAST can do especially on a road course...

Originally Posted by rcdash
your sig says an 05 Z. M6 gone?

str8dum1, if the road course doesn't work out, the airstrip likely will happen, so either way, it's a win. Let's see if AMP opens on schedule even...
You more than most know how much people were crying about $125 for airstrip.....the usually cost for a race course for the day is $500 to start ( maybe cheaper with group)....I said to start !! Then if any of you drive or use your brakes like I do...you will start to have brake fade on the second to third lap if you have street pads and brake fluid!!

I need to know what the plan is soon.....

Last edited by XKR; 02-09-2011 at 09:18 AM.

Quick Reply: 3rd Annual Forged Performance Airstrip Event!