Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

3rd Annual Forged Performance Airstrip Event!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 04:46 PM
ToastZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
All you guys on the fence, just block out the week from NOW! It's the best, largest, and most interactive Nissan meet in the country, IMHO. No cell phones, no internet...just open mountain roads, great comradere (read trash talking), and plenty of bromance to go around!
Just so everyone got this one,... "OPEN MOUNTAIN ROADS" !!

Hey Sharif, the new GT-R now has 602 miles on it,... almost finished with the breakin I've been good, I promise - no more than 50% throttle.

1000 mile POS is already scheduled for first of April so I will be good to go for ZdayZ.

Car is doing good, its consumed about an 1/4 Qt of Mobil one so far with 600 miles on it,... lol.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:48 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

GTR? Congrats! Hey man, what'd you do with your G? It might at least have some chance at the airstrip!

Last edited by rcdash; 03-10-2010 at 04:50 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:58 PM
ToastZ

Originally Posted by rcdash
Hey man, what'd you do with your G?
Sold her, and I had separation anxiety for a week after, lol.

I picked up a new 2010 GT-R pearl white Premium two weeks ago. Sharif and Ryan temporarily served as my psychiatrist delivering mental support during the selling and buying process.

The new owner got a fantastic well cared for APS-TT G35 and I got a safe track ready car with a warranty card and ready for VIR or other assorted events

However, I did miss Sharif's VIR GTR event this year which was part of our original plan to completion. I actually took ownership of the new GT-R on the same day as the event, oh well - there is always next year though

Toast
Old 03-10-2010, 05:09 PM
ToastZ

GTR? Congrats! Hey man, what'd you do with your G? It might at least have some chance at the airstrip!
Go ahead and call me on it,... last year I said I would never own a car without a clutch and only real sports cars have a clutch

Well, technically the GT-R still has a clutch - I will tell you it certainly feels and sounds like it has a traditional clutch at slow speed - lol
Old 03-10-2010, 06:51 PM
cow

Originally Posted by Boostedtrack350
Will you be there? I'd like to be the first to run you!!!!
If I go, you've got it.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:42 PM
IslandZavage

I really should go to this.. I def dont get out that much anymore...
Old 03-11-2010, 05:16 AM
Boostedtrack350

Originally Posted by cow
If I go, you've got it.
If? Come on Cow, you gotta get that car going. Only 70 Dayz left!
Old 03-11-2010, 05:21 AM
Ronin82

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anyone have any info on that resevouir can Made from the monster.???
That looks clever.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:07 PM
cow

Originally Posted by Boostedtrack350
If? Come on Cow, you gotta get that car going. Only 70 Dayz left!
It's at SI finishing everything on the install-- tuning next weekend.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:11 PM
BrianLG35C

Originally Posted by ToastZ
Go ahead and call me on it,... last year I said I would never own a car without a clutch and only real sports cars have a clutch

Well, technically the GT-R still has a clutch - I will tell you it certainly feels and sounds like it has a traditional clutch at slow speed - lol
Sorry for being OT, but Paul... why did you sell the G?? So do you miss 6mt? How does the GT-R feel compare to your G? Details please!
Old 03-12-2010, 02:35 PM
ToastZ

Originally Posted by BrianLG35C
Sorry for being OT, but Paul... why did you sell the G?? So do you miss 6mt? How does the GT-R feel compare to your G? Details please!
Hi Brian,

I started getting the itch for something new at last years ZdayZ. I also have a desire to do some track events like Sharif's yearly GTR VIR event. I owned the G35 for 5 years and that's a long time for me with one car (just ask my wife, lol). Then the market price for a new 2010 GTR dropped below invoice and I decided to pull the trigger, had I waited maybe could have gotten it cheaper but a buyer came along for the G35 and there you go.

I'm sure on some level I will miss the traditional clutch and the feeling you get from manually shifting gears. However right now though I am really enjoying the SMG in the GT-R. The gear box is probably my favorite part of the car - really smooth with extremely quick shifts (paddle shifters are awesome). This car out of all my other Nissans is by far my favorite. My past Nissans are 300ZX-TT, 350Z and G35.

I consider myself a novice especially when it comes to a track and for me the GT-R brought with it a level of confidence behind the wheel I have not felt in any other car (G35, Z06, M6, etc) and trust me I drove them all. I don't know if its the AWD or just the balance but the car just seems to go where you point it. The several people that have driven it so far that have never drove one all commented on that fact,... Its just a solid car, plenty of torque and you feel comfortable pushing it hard into corners or a straight. I really could not do that in the G35 without fear of the rear end coming completely around and tires spinning etc. I feel that I can ultimately drive a GTR faster than I could drive the G35 and the GTR has less power (for now anyways). That's just me and my level of skill, everyone is different.

Add to that the vast amount of aftermarket support for the car and I was sold. I think the GT-R is a perfect choice for me. Its even a more comfortable daily driver than my twin turbo G35 despite the reports of the stiff suspension - it is quite smooth while in comfort mode for me anyways

lastly, forged is an expert on these cars already (as expected) so I also retained my 'comfort' level on keeping any aftermarket stuff I decide to do with a trusted friend/shop, that actually played a part in the decision
Old 03-15-2010, 08:44 AM
rcdash

^^^ yeah, yeah, whatever - you're gonna get smoked!
Old 03-15-2010, 09:08 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Most of you have good pro axels arleady. Why not also set up from 4 mile...see what the ecu/comp tricks for anti lag, 2 step, traction control etc can do... ..just a suggestion
Old 03-16-2010, 05:58 AM
Tyler4

I'll be there again this year. Looking forward to it as always.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:30 PM
rcdash

It will be interesting having GTRs, Gs, Zs, FI and NA, all on the same strip. The traction control of the GTR is largely negated by the rolling starts, so I don't see them doing that well against the bigger builds, but we'll see. You won't take me this year Sharif, Cobb Accessport or no...

This is a great opportunity for you NA guys to get some rides in FI setups if you are so inclined.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:38 PM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

Someone buy an airplane from me, so I can finish my damn car. I want to attend this event badly.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:01 PM
ToastZ

It will be interesting having GTRs, Gs, Zs, FI and NA, all on the same strip. The traction control of the GTR is largely negated by the rolling starts, so I don't see them doing that well against the bigger builds, but we'll see. You won't take me this year Sharif, Cobb Accessport or no...

This is a great opportunity for you NA guys to get some rides in FI setups if you are so inclined.
I could not comfortably fit in Sharif's GTR last year (I cannot live off diet coke alone) so I will be bringing my own GTR this year, lol. Anyone wants a ride down the strip in a bone stock GT-R is more than welcome, all you have to do is ask
Old 03-16-2010, 06:23 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dragon is closed All you guys better hope its open in time

I wish I could make it down this year

Ill be shooting for next year
Old 03-16-2010, 06:51 PM
rcdash

Holy crap!

Looks like it's due to reopen this weekend again though! The airstrip is definitely safer than pushing the car on the mountain roads, not even accounting for natural disasters/hazards...

Last edited by rcdash; 03-16-2010 at 06:52 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:32 PM
Russ@Z1

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Holy crap!

Looks like it's due to reopen this weekend again though! The airstrip is definitely safer than pushing the car on the mountain roads, not even accounting for natural disasters/hazards...

yeah, i hope they're no slides while we're in the area

Quick Reply: 3rd Annual Forged Performance Airstrip Event!