Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

3rd Annual Forged Performance Airstrip Event!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 03:03 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Well this is the lowest it's been ever... The main cost is the insurance for the airport and so right now FP is eating a lot of the cost. Hopefully more folks will sign up. I've never heard of a road course that you can get into at $125 for the whole day!!! This is a bargain, imo, but I can understand the value being hard to justify without having experienced it...
Old 04-21-2010, 03:07 PM
XKR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AznSky
So only 7 ppl signed up?

Honestly I think this sounds like a lot of fun, but my personal opinion, it's not worth $125 to me. Maybe for the FI guys, this gives them a chance to let loose and turn up the boost, but for N/A guys, I don't see the value (just my opinion, no offense intended)

Maybe if this was priced to about $50 or even $60 then I would have signed up. But for $125 I'd rather go to a road course and play with twisties for a full day. Again, just my opnion.

But any chance to reduce the entry fee? Maybe you'll get more entrants at a lower price and end up getting the same amount?
It's fun for both N/A and FI.... Hell in 2008... My first run was FI... Then I became N/A after that... But I still had fun
Old 04-21-2010, 03:11 PM
XKR

Question to all the guys that was at the 2008 event.....

Who said this???.." Get me to my car"..
Old 04-21-2010, 04:02 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by XKR
I will pay when I get to Atl......

Paul... Could you do me a favor and get a message to Raj????....tell him shifting from 3rd to 4th is all I will need.... It will sound like a GTR shifting Also tell him if he keeps running his mouth I will run it at 2psi instead of 1psi
Mike you have me cracking up and i allmost fell of my chair.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:20 PM
D350Z10

Originally Posted by XKR
Question to all the guys that was at the 2008 event.....

Who said this???.." Get me to my car"..
My Brotha,
I believe that statement came from me when I saw that 300zx spank some ***!
Old 04-21-2010, 04:54 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by superchargedg
Mike you have me cracking up and i allmost fell of my chair.
I am not kidding Keith!!!.... Raj is pissing me off....I plan to hurt some feelings!!!When you see him... Let him know!!!

Keith..... You showing up at zdayz???? It would be kool

Originally Posted by D350Z10
My Brotha,
I believe that statement came from me when I saw that 300zx spank some ***!
We have a winner

Last edited by XKR; 04-21-2010 at 04:56 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:11 PM
rcdash

wtf 2 psi? C'mon man, I didn't mean it like that....

superchargedg knows the power of the 5AT baby! Youz going down as you spin through all your gears standing still!

Care to place a little side bet that I'll take you on at least 1 run? Steak dinner at the nice restaurant in the village? (Loser picks the wine but also picks up the tab!) I owed Terry a steak dinner but not sure he's going to make it, so...

Last edited by rcdash; 04-21-2010 at 06:31 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:31 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by rcdash

superchargedg knows the power of the 5AT baby! Youz going down as you spin through all your gears standing still!

Care to place a little side bet that I'll take you on at least 1 run? Steak dinner at the nice restaurant in the village? (no $100 bottles of wine - sorry I'm cheap!) I owed Terry a steak dinner but not sure he's going to make it, so...
You got it!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-21-2010, 06:33 PM
rcdash

You caught me in a ninja edit. Steak dinner isn't right without some red wine, but loser gets to pick it out. Deal? We're getting a bunch of runs in - I have to take you on one, conclusively! No excuses about mis shifting or anything else. Ha ha!!! Can't wait - can taste victory already.

Last edited by rcdash; 04-21-2010 at 06:39 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:41 PM
XKR

You caught me in a ninja edit. Steak dinner isn't right without some red wine, but loser gets to pick it out. Deal? We're getting a bunch of runs in - I have to take you on one, conclusively! No excuses about mis shifting or anything else. Ha ha!!! Can't wait - can taste victory already.
Bunch??? You get 2 chances...you keep talking about mis shifting.....I am going from 3rd to 4th gear.... That's all I will need
Old 04-21-2010, 06:45 PM
rcdash

Originally Posted by XKR
Bunch??? You get 2 chances...you keep talking about mis shifting.....I am going from 3rd to 4th gear.... That's all I will need
I'm getting there in the am - we've got like what 6 hrs. We're only going to run twice? Up to you, I can do it in 2 if that's all you're willing to give. Sounds like you're a little worried now to me...

Last edited by rcdash; 04-21-2010 at 06:46 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:48 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

lol this is funny to watch,....
Old 04-21-2010, 07:13 PM
XKR

I'm getting there in the am - we've got like what 6 hrs. We're only going to run twice? Up to you, I can do it in 2 if that's all you're willing to give. Sounds like you're a little worried now to me...
No.... Why keep proving my point over and over and over and over again??? ..... It's not like your car is going to get faster the more I beat you...
Old 04-21-2010, 07:31 PM
rcdash

lol. ha ha we'll see who's going to begging who for a rematch. 35 mph start - any objections?

Last edited by rcdash; 04-21-2010 at 07:32 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:38 PM
XKR

lol. ha ha we'll see who's going to begging who for a rematch. 35 mph start - any objections?
Are you kidding me??? 45mph start
Old 04-22-2010, 04:13 AM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Care to place a little side bet that I'll take you on at least 1 run? Steak dinner at the nice restaurant in the village? (Loser picks the wine but also picks up the tab!) I owed Terry a steak dinner but not sure he's going to make it, so...
Raj just tell Mike to make it medium rare Mike i would love to come but work owns me
Old 04-22-2010, 04:15 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

So only 7 ppl signed up?

Honestly I think this sounds like a lot of fun, but my personal opinion, it's not worth $125 to me. Maybe for the FI guys, this gives them a chance to let loose and turn up the boost, but for N/A guys, I don't see the value (just my opinion, no offense intended)

Maybe if this was priced to about $50 or even $60 then I would have signed up. But for $125 I'd rather go to a road course and play with twisties for a full day. Again, just my opnion.

But any chance to reduce the entry fee? Maybe you'll get more entrants at a lower price and end up getting the same amount?
First off, $125 for all day is cheap (as long as the car can take the beating). Second, have you ever had the fun of doing full on pulls in an F/I Z/G/GTR? If not, just show up for some ride alongs and you will be planning your F/I build on the drive home . Heck, show up with a TT stock block and you may be pulling Sharif or Hal aside at ZdayZ to get a quote on a built motor after having guys pull on you all day.

I'm bringing my new camera mount for the event for some in car footage. Got it the other week and found out the camcorder disc is full with stuff from my son and I have to download to DVDs.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:01 AM
AznSky

Originally Posted by Cass007
First off, $125 for all day is cheap (as long as the car can take the beating). Second, have you ever had the fun of doing full on pulls in an F/I Z/G/GTR? If not, just show up for some ride alongs and you will be planning your F/I build on the drive home . Heck, show up with a TT stock block and you may be pulling Sharif or Hal aside at ZdayZ to get a quote on a built motor after having guys pull on you all day.

I'm bringing my new camera mount for the event for some in car footage. Got it the other week and found out the camcorder disc is full with stuff from my son and I have to download to DVDs.
Right, and I agree with you Cass for the FI aspect. But I was just saying for N/A guys, it didn't seem worth it. But if the price could be dropped then maybe a few more guys would sign up and it'd be a lot more fun with more cars. Cuz at this point, I don't think 7 cars are gonna use the entire 6 hr time frame and a lot of the investment would be lost.

Oh and rcdash, there is a local track up here (Waterford Hills) that costs about $150 for the whole day with either BMW club or Porsche club.

So I guess I'll just ask directly, Sharif, is there any chance to lower the entry fee? I'm not trying to sound cheap or anything, just thinking out loud?
Old 04-22-2010, 05:18 AM
thekinn

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

I'm not trying to sound cheap or anything, just thinking out loud?
you do sound cheap..

What's the price of a ticket and points getting caught on the street?

sorry, had to jab at ya Rob. I'm not even going to Zdayz so..

back on topic -
Old 04-22-2010, 05:46 AM
XKR

Right, and I agree with you Cass for the FI aspect. But I was just saying for N/A guys, it didn't seem worth it. But if the price could be dropped then maybe a few more guys would sign up and it'd be a lot more fun with more cars. Cuz at this point, I don't think 7 cars are gonna use the entire 6 hr time frame and a lot of the investment would be lost.

Oh and rcdash, there is a local track up here (Waterford Hills) that costs about $150 for the whole day with either BMW club or Porsche club.

So I guess I'll just ask directly, Sharif, is there any chance to lower the entry fee? I'm not trying to sound cheap or anything, just thinking out loud?

Try getting on a race track when you don't have the BMW, Porsche or Ferrari club there to soften the blow ..... Normally at a track it cost 500+ for the day. Most of the charges at this event is not profit.... It goes to pay for the insurance....

Like I said before... I have driven my N/A and FI car there and still had fun!!

Quick Reply: 3rd Annual Forged Performance Airstrip Event!