Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Ross's Twin Turbo build ::PIC HEAVY::

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 11:25 PM
temoku

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sweet car! tail lights and grille look pretty riced out
Old 08-21-2010, 11:29 PM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Oh didn't know that. Lol. Good job man. Im on my droid right now and kinda drunk but info regarding the ingercooler and ur temps did.u ever figure that out? Was the godspeed ic worth it?
Old 08-22-2010, 06:31 AM
citymunky

Great DIY. I wish I need how to weld, and your thread show the reasons why.

Old 08-22-2010, 06:43 AM
ashtrojan2008

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2004Black350z
Oh didn't know that. Lol. Good job man. Im on my droid right now and kinda drunk but info regarding the ingercooler and ur temps did.u ever figure that out? Was the godspeed ic worth it?
I don't know on the temps man i've had issues calibrating so not sure how accurate that high 150's temp is, but its hot and at 14psi so it may be okay. I haven't had any issues with my godspeed, its decent size when comparing it to things i've seen on high hp gtr's and such. it definitely beats paying $1500 for that greddy intercooler imo

Originally Posted by temoku
sweet car! tail lights and grille look pretty riced out
do you know anyone that has some oem 06 tails? i bought the car like this. kept the grille to hide the intercooler so it works. sleeper ftw till i get to the exterior. power > looks
i'm in little rock a good bit

Originally Posted by citymunky
Great DIY. I wish I need how to weld, and your thread show the reasons why.
Thanks man. It's not that hard, you should get a welder and practice! tig is the only one thats tricky imo, mig is a piece of cake!
Old 08-22-2010, 03:52 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

found the thread.

couple questions:

ambient temp, as far as i know this doesn't do anything but tell us what's on the dash reading correct?

haltech air temp sensor: did you have to add this because it's a rev up? I use my stock maf to get AIT temps and didn't add a second sensor. What is the benefit to a second temp sensor?

good junk man. I'm not sure how you are heading down. I don't know what city you are near in iowa. I know a litlte bit about iowa since my grandparents live there. I'll be in st louis that weekend and would love to check out the car. Depending on where you're coming from you could come down to stl then over to injected. It's under 6 hours to injected from STL.

also, send me some info on how you wired up your 2 step. I haven't set mine up yet. jeffbinder@gmail.com that's faster than catching me on PM here. It goes straight to my phone. pm me ur cell and we can text also.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:58 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

oh ya, forgot to ask, you gonna try to tune that high on the JWT clutch?
Old 08-23-2010, 04:30 AM
Total D

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Well this thread blows, no pics of the real beast in the shop haha. Quit posting pics and finish my **** so I can drive it to Petite Le Mans at the end of September. 19 days till tune and hopefully shell make north of 600rwhp. Yall have fun bro. Wait till you see what's coming in as well..should be coming right after I land back in the states and in time for you to see before we leave for Atlanta.

JJ

And no Ross I didnt just register haha. I've been on here two years before you lol.

oh by the way Iraq sucks donkey *****, ready to be home so we all can rip the streets/strip up.

Last edited by Total D; 08-23-2010 at 05:25 AM.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:21 AM
ashtrojan2008

Originally Posted by Total D
Well this thread blows, no pics of the real beast in the shop haha. Quit posting pics and finish my **** so I can drive it to Petite Le Mans at the end of September. 19 days till tune and hopefully shell make north of 600rwhp. Yall have fun bro. Wait till you see what's coming in as well..should be coming right after I land back in the states and in time for you to see before we leave for Atlanta.

JJ

And no Ross I didnt just register haha. I've been on here two years before you lol.

oh by the way Iraq sucks donkey *****, ready to be home so we all can rip the streets/strip up.
haha you retard. i didnt realize who you were at first lol. get your 2jz @$$ off my thread! haha jk. depending on who all goes we might just take the z again.

ross
Old 08-23-2010, 06:51 AM
ashtrojan2008

Originally Posted by binder
found the thread.

couple questions:

ambient temp, as far as i know this doesn't do anything but tell us what's on the dash reading correct?

haltech air temp sensor: did you have to add this because it's a rev up? I use my stock maf to get AIT temps and didn't add a second sensor. What is the benefit to a second temp sensor?

good junk man. I'm not sure how you are heading down. I don't know what city you are near in iowa. I know a litlte bit about iowa since my grandparents live there. I'll be in st louis that weekend and would love to check out the car. Depending on where you're coming from you could come down to stl then over to injected. It's under 6 hours to injected from STL.

also, send me some info on how you wired up your 2 step. I haven't set mine up yet. jeffbinder@gmail.com that's faster than catching me on PM here. It goes straight to my phone. pm me ur cell and we can text also.
as far as the ambient temp sensor goes, yes it only tells us outside temp. but the temperature itself reflects how dense the air is to begin with and how high our ait's should get. on a hotter day, hot turbos and pressure are heating up already hot air, and the intercooler can't cool past ambient anyway.
i added the haltech air temp sensor for a few reasons. first, i didnt trust the oem readings, and I am thinking about spraying meth so i wanted to see the temp difference by putting the sensor after the nozzle. Thirdly, i though i could do away with the maf, but the factory ecu didn't like that very much.

I live in Louisiana, sorry the lowercase la looked like IA. It's 14 hours to injected from here.

ross
Old 08-23-2010, 07:23 AM
Total D

Originally Posted by ashtrojan2008
haha you retard. i didnt realize who you were at first lol. get your 2jz @$$ off my thread! haha jk. depending on who all goes we might just take the z again.

ross
HAHA, glad you figure me out. Im going to post the turbo comparison lol. I have some VQ love man, its not all about the 2jz. Sounds good, had fun with the Z last year. Definitely look forward to taking the Z. We should takes Z's though haha.

Guess I could always get my updates here since your @$$ cant answer emails often lol. The 300 done as well and just waiting for tune? I'd tell you to take the 260z as well to make sure that thing is tuned right.

JJ
Old 08-23-2010, 07:36 AM
ashtrojan2008

Originally Posted by binder
oh ya, forgot to ask, you gonna try to tune that high on the JWT clutch?
imma try. we'll tune till it slips. It's done fine so far
Old 08-25-2010, 03:27 PM
fart_canon

well done OP -
Old 08-25-2010, 06:18 PM
graffkid732

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Awesome build. DIY is a lot of fun, although can be a pain, def a great experience. Can't wait to be built and not a stock block TT.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:43 AM
Total D

HAHA I found it.

Mine vs your lol.

My prediction for Sept 11 is 625rwhp for z33 and 626rwhp for z32 haha.... Anyone want to take their guess?

BTW: All remaining parts are ordered and just waiting on info on head.

Gaffkid732-- You not lying man. Its fun but, can be a PITA. I watched most of this build take place while I was there working on my 240/2j. Helped when and were needed or could but mine(240) is a selfish/inconsiderate/attention wanting MF.HAHA. Things dont go well when there are more cars to be done and not enough time.

Should have scheduled earlier in September Ross haha!!!!!

Last edited by Total D; 08-26-2010 at 06:51 AM. Reason: resize pic
Old 08-30-2010, 07:10 AM
ashtrojan2008

Originally Posted by Total D
HAHA I found it.

Mine vs your lol.

My prediction for Sept 11 is 625rwhp for z33 and 626rwhp for z32 haha.... Anyone want to take their guess?

BTW: All remaining parts are ordered and just waiting on info on head.

Gaffkid732-- You not lying man. Its fun but, can be a PITA. I watched most of this build take place while I was there working on my 240/2j. Helped when and were needed or could but mine(240) is a selfish/inconsiderate/attention wanting MF.HAHA. Things dont go well when there are more cars to be done and not enough time.

Should have scheduled earlier in September Ross haha!!!!!
shut up! lol. I spool quicker haha. Hurry up and get your parts here so i can get your 2j running again, i miss that sound. do you have this angle too?

that prediction is dirty i wanna take the z32 on pump bro. but dad can have the race gas lol. 700's are way out of my reach
hurry up and get back here

ross
Old 08-30-2010, 07:14 AM
ashtrojan2008

I've had a few people ask how my two step is wired up. To make it easy I will just post it here instead of sending many emails.

hope this helps! works fine for me; after launching, only push the clutch enough to release it because if fully depressed the two step will be activated.

ross
Old 08-30-2010, 08:56 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

the 2 step wiring is shown on Injected Haltech site. just tap the clutch pedal sensor and wire it as shown in the diagram.

30 min job tops.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:43 AM
Total D

Originally Posted by ashtrojan2008
shut up! lol. I spool quicker haha. Hurry up and get your parts here so i can get your 2j running again, i miss that sound. do you have this angle too?

that prediction is dirty i wanna take the z32 on pump bro. but dad can have the race gas lol. 700's are way out of my reach
hurry up and get back here

ross
HAHA maybe you do..but its not that much quicker As for the parts: Parts coated should be on the way, studs, gaskets and your Eibach springs( for being a good friend and helping me out) are ordered, the head will show up actually right before I get back. So i might spend a couple days getting everything together if you can't get to it. Got a tune coming in alse ot help us out. SHould be better than the last one as its from a better source haha. I miss the sound to, I miss driving period haha. Driving 25mph here so ballz with it being over 130degree days in Humvees and crappy a/c.

No man I dont have that angle, I looked to see if I did.

Like my prediction huh? lol You know I did it just to mess with ya. I actually would hope its the other way around and you beat him. Make him go back to the drawing board again haha. He said he'll blow my mind, I think the little 240 is gonna be a nuke to his lol.

Well mission time bro.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:54 AM
Total D

I just realized the pic shot from the side you posted, had your turbo in it. All I saw was mine ROFLMAO....Its so cute sitting there by mine haha.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:36 AM
600z_boy

So I have a question I'm new to this forum and I'm planning on doing a similar build I'm shooting for 600 whp also I have read a few different builds and nobody says what they have done to upgrade the transmission or rear end so are you using the stock tranny? What gears are you using?

Quick Reply: Ross's Twin Turbo build ::PIC HEAVY::