Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Forged Performance - My Story

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 08:12 AM
Delako

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I preordered the HR supercharger from GTM and had emailed Forged about install a month ago. They said they were looking forward to installing this great looking kit. Then I saw the post about GTM and Forged parting ways and warranties would be void if parts were installed there. That was the reason Ive decided to not go with Forged, before I learned these details. Those pictures are truly frightening though!

However, this is a good learning experience for everyone in that just because a shop has amazing cred doesnt mean everything with your install will go perfectly...and just because you are a shop with amazing cred doesnt mean you can get away with everything. Everyone will come out of this wiser and better.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:15 AM
JS04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JasonZ-YA
I'm sorry to say but I dont find that surprising of ANY shop!

IF I WERE TO EVER HAVE A SHOP WORK ON MY CAR WHERE IM PAYING THOUSANDS TO INSTALL A VERY CRITICAL AND IN DEPTH INSTALL - I would be there every minute of every day watching, helping and ensuring everything gets done right!

I would take the time off of work, etc and ensure - WHY, because NO ONE on gods green earth cares more for your car than "YOU".....

-J
Thats is exactly how I feel! When i have my car redone I'm planning on taking about 2 weeks off to stay close to the shop.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:15 AM
MDHRZ

Originally Posted by Delako
However, this is a good learning experience for everyone in that just because a shop has amazing cred doesnt mean everything with your install will go perfectly...and just because you are a shop with amazing cred doesnt mean you can get away with everything. Everyone will come out of this wiser and better.
Truth!
Old 04-16-2010, 08:17 AM
Tac-M

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IF I WERE TO EVER HAVE A SHOP WORK ON MY CAR WHERE IM PAYING THOUSANDS TO INSTALL A VERY CRITICAL AND IN DEPTH INSTALL - I would be there every minute of every day watching, helping and ensuring everything gets done right!

I would take the time off of work, etc and ensure - WHY, because NO ONE on gods green earth cares more for your car than "YOU".....

-J

+ 1 ... my every visit is like that ...
Old 04-16-2010, 08:24 AM
AlwaysNBoost

Noooo way i cant belive what is going on. Forged two thumbs down!!!

Last edited by r0mey; 04-16-2010 at 10:14 AM.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:25 AM
Vas_Z33

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

ok now thats a big WOW... seems like all the beans r spilling.. i kinda have an idea why GTM didnt wanna deal with forged anymore.. interesting, very interesting.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:48 AM
huyrua

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well said Jason.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:13 AM
canucme

u know whats funny.. normally someone from forged would be posting all this blah blah. this time they cant say anything. im really bummed to hear that the only shop i thought was legit.... now i just think they are a bunch of overpriced jackasses.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:20 AM
350zfan1

Damn why are these supposedly awesome stores getting thier dirty laundry put out for every one to see .

This thread needs to stay open IMO...
Old 04-16-2010, 09:27 AM
JAM3Z
Phenom

-J
Exaggeration or not, this statement is totally unrealistic.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:59 AM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I find it shocking that your attorney wants you talking (or posting) publicly about these things? I know of no attorney that advises their client to speak about about items related to an impending lawsuit.

on the turbos, it looks like for both Stage 1 and STage 2, GTM is using the exact same turbo - the GT28RS "The Disco Potato." the only difference being the a different turbine housing A:R ratio. Why would GTM charge more for the stage 2? There shouldn't be any appreciable difference in the cost of the 2 turbos? Are there other parts that the STG 2 has over the STG 1?

...as for the rest of the car, i don't know what to say......so, I won't.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:04 AM
zman1982

Holy F***in WOW!
Old 04-16-2010, 10:16 AM
r0mey
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by 350zfan1
Damn why are these supposedly awesome stores getting thier dirty laundry put out for every one to see .

This thread needs to stay open IMO...
it will and those who get out of hand will be warned/ banned. I will give sharif a chance to reply if he would like then from there decide a course of action
Old 04-16-2010, 10:21 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by QuadCam
I find it shocking that your attorney wants you talking (or posting) publicly about these things? I know of no attorney that advises their client to speak about about items related to an impending lawsuit.

on the turbos, it looks like for both Stage 1 and STage 2, GTM is using the exact same turbo - the GT28RS "The Disco Potato." the only difference being the a different turbine housing A:R ratio. Why would GTM charge more for the stage 2? There shouldn't be any appreciable difference in the cost of the 2 turbos? Are there other parts that the STG 2 has over the STG 1?

^^^werd,t hey have plenty f BS themselves that have keep under wraps too, i think that while the customers have every right to post what they want, they are getting horrible advice from sam here.......the work done and further check by forged on this deal was poor, no questions about it. This thread isn't the reason why gtm doesn't wanna deal with forged either...snakes cant all the the sudden turn into innocent toads right?
Does anybody remember who was parading aps, and then trash talked aps as his and only his can be good?
Oh well......this is a huge mess either way.

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 04-16-2010 at 10:28 AM.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:40 AM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I always wondered what happened with Albertos car.......

This is yet again why I will never let anyone work on my car. It's not worth it.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:45 AM
stormcrow

Originally Posted by QuadCam

I don't think the important factor here is whether or not the turbos should cost the same from the manufacturer of the turbo kit, but whether or not one kit was sold as another. It's factual that a State II kit costs more than a Stage I. Whether or not you think it should is of no issue as the OP paid for Stage II but had a Stage I was installed. The question we all must ask is, was a Stage I kit knowingly sold as a Stage II kit or was it some sort of mistake?

Last edited by stormcrow; 04-16-2010 at 10:46 AM.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:55 AM
RandomHer0

-J
+1, thats what I did, I took 4 days off during my install, even though it was at a buddys shop, I wanted to be around for everything.

I learned alot this way too...

Last edited by RandomHer0; 04-16-2010 at 10:57 AM.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:09 AM
go-fast
Banned

shame on you sharif,that's the second sloppy job i've seen posted on here lately....did you fire this mechanic too?You seem to have tech's "learning" on big jobs and are set for major fail.Are you looking to go the way of vrt?btwy if there is a question about parts installed you triple check and give honest disclosure,maybe you wouldn't be here if you had.

now it's time for sam......if you know stg1 overboosts why did you ship it?....why do you sell it?

Why would you ship the wrong flash?being the expert that you are didn't you know?what if there is unseen damage to his car from this snafu?is this part of your "r&d"?

looking at the hammered pipes i see a poor fitting kit that needed "adjustment",i would have sent it back but it seems sharif's knuckleheads saw potential.

there has been recent talk of being carefull because livelyhoods are involved,but i can't see a single reason to carry a shop.if the op caught on fire how would his livelyhood be affected?

BTWY i remember sam refusing to warranty a car because the customer took it to another shop in disgust...but now the rules are different?
Attached Images  
Old 04-16-2010, 11:21 AM
jv350z

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Long read. wow. Hope you get some of your money back.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:23 AM
Vas_Z33

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffie7
I always wondered what happened with Albertos car.......

This is yet again why I will never let anyone work on my car. It's not worth it.
+111 , except tuning.

Quick Reply: Forged Performance - My Story