Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

G35 Powerlab diy in progress

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 05:18 PM
GreenGoblin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you have any other issue with fittings, the fitting for the intake that gets plugged was tapped wrong, as well as the bung for the wastegate reference.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:38 PM
J_350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, neither fit for me
Old 04-27-2010, 07:10 PM
GreenGoblin

glad they are sending out a bunch of fittings that are useless. I tried calling them for a few days nothing...
Old 04-27-2010, 08:11 PM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wonder if they changed things up since I didnt seem to have any issues with the fittings. I can't remember how flush they were but looking at my pictures it seems they went in a good bit.

I doubt they would have changed anything turbo wise unless the company that puts the turbo out changed it. however, the hardware bag might be getting packed with the wrong parts?

What's up with intense? They're not taking your calls?
Old 04-27-2010, 09:36 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenGoblin
glad they are sending out a bunch of fittings that are useless. I tried calling them for a few days nothing...
i know who you are helping install.. Mondays are the busiest.. i tried calling and i got no luck too.

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 04-27-2010 at 10:18 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:01 AM
jeffie7

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
i know who you are helping install.. Mondays are the busiest.. i tried calling and i got no luck too.
Intense was great with me on phone support, I've heard from a handful of people sending me questions about the powerlab kit that they are pretty much non existent when it comes to taking calls.

Is that people complaining because they can, or because intense really isn't giving any support?

Again I've had nothing but a great experience but I'm getting more and more PMs about this....

Intense whats up?
Old 04-28-2010, 05:09 AM
Elperuano

Jeffie from my personal experience I was so excited to go FI and very eager to start the project and originally everything was great but then it became such a headache to deal with them that it just took away from the overall great experience i should've had simply starting my own project. Not really gonna get into details cuz thas not what this thread is about but ill just simply say that I didn't spend almost 6k to be lied to, hung up on and ignored when asked VERY simple questions.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:02 AM
jeffie7

i work a job where PR is everything. a good bit of the time when I hear stuff like what you just said, I go back to my managers and hear the other side of the story and its one of those oh... so thats why.

It's hard to believe any company would just lie and straight up hang up on someone. Now on the other hand if someone is told the answer they dont want to hear or don't get the things they are asking for. after awhile it can turn into a screw it this is a lost cause and then that stuff happens.

Again, over and over I see it, for example, a friend of my parents shopped with us, their order was messed up and they went on about how we wouldn't fix the problem and took forever and in the end they just took what they got and said screw it.

So I looked into the issue for them since my parents brought it up. Found our records on it and saw that yes we messed up their order, however they were told we already had new items in the works for them and that it would be out in about 5 minutes since it was caught early on as a mistake was remade and almost ready. The notes showed that they threw a big fit and left.

Later on, again, I hear about how we wouldnt help them, didn't offer to fix the problem, and how we suck. Weird how we were the ones that had to eat the cost of the extra items that came up right as they left.

Anyways it happens all the time. People ***** about something only to talk to me when I tell them straight up its that way for a reason then they go oh, ok. I guess that makes sense then they get over it. However with other workers who can't get the info across the same, they get weird and upset because they feel like we're trying to screw them.

So I'd really like to see intense step up to the plate and say whats up. again they were there for me. however I feel that I only called them if I had a legit problem rather then 20 questions about basic stuff I should have already known before taking on a turbo install.

Not saying you're questions were not legit but whos to say it wasn't a bunch of BS questions that they shouldn't have had to deal with. People get paid to install kits, why should they give out hours of support when they're not seeing a dime other then the price of the kit, that would have been paid anyways if installed else where.

I for one don't want to sit on a phone telling someone step by step how to install a turbo kit.

Intense whats up? Did these people have legit questions about the kit? why do they feel they were blown off? This isn't the first time I've seen this, although half of the PMs about how to install a powerlab kit has stuff about being upset since they couldn't do it in 2 days and how they want to return the kit because they're rushing it and stuff isn't going on smoothly....... in other words its people being pissed off for no reason other then their own self. I could see why intense would be annoyed taking these calls.

Then again if I had a simple question about the fittings on the turbo housing and if I had the correct bolts for it I'd be very pissed if I couldnt get an answer from intense just a simple is it correct or not.

Last edited by jeffie7; 04-28-2010 at 06:05 AM.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:21 AM
Elperuano

You are absolutely right. There are 2 sides to every story and I for one would LOVE to hear what Intense would have to say about this. As I said earlier Im going to refrain from telling my own personal experience because thats not what this thread is about. I could easily go on with actual facts but I ain't gonna hi-jack this thread. But again I for one would LOOOOVE to hear what Intense has to say about what's going on.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:28 AM
Vas_Z33

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Elperuano
You are absolutely right. There are 2 sides to every story and I for one would LOVE to hear what Intense would have to say about this. As I said earlier Im going to refrain from telling my own personal experience because thats not what this thread is about. I could easily go on with actual facts but I ain't gonna hi-jack this thread. But again I for one would LOOOOVE to hear what Intense has to say about what's going on.
make your own thread.. positive or negative.. your only helping the community.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:31 AM
Elperuano

Originally Posted by Vas_Z33
make your own thread.. positive or negative.. your only helping the community.
I was thinking about it. I'll wait til everything's complete before I decide on it. Unfortunately I searched bout Intense AFTER i purchased the kit (my fault for not doing beforehand) and saw multiple threads. All were deleted except 1 which was locked. Pretty sure that'll happen as well.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:18 AM
J_350Z

Originally Posted by jeffie7
Intense was great with me on phone support, I've heard from a handful of people sending me questions about the powerlab kit that they are pretty much non existent when it comes to taking calls.

Is that people complaining because they can, or because intense really isn't giving any support?

Again I've had nothing but a great experience but I'm getting more and more PMs about this....

Intense whats up?

Well the fittings on the turbo were the wrong ones. I just Googled gt35r coolant fitting and found the correct ones.Also both the plug for the charge pipe and the brass fitting are threaded incorrectly.

I have spoken with Intense on the phone when concerning my missing parts and aside from some mis-communication I didn't feel like I was getting blown off.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:19 AM
IntenseSales
Vendor - Former Vendor

Sorry for not being aware of these questions.

Phone have been overloaded with repeated tracking phone calls which ties us up for a great majority of the day and doesn't always allow us to get to every phone call. We have 5 phone lines that are lit up from before we even open til close. Busy doesnt always equate to making money btw.

Feel free to pm me with questions and or concerns and I will be more than happy to help out and get your concerns to the proper channels.

PowerLab is generally very helpful but, is not on a schedule of any sorts it seems. Messages are left however again if you pm me your contact I will forward it and get you the help needed.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:16 PM
jeffie7

I had a great experience with intense and powerlab I only wish the manual was better so I wouldn't have had to call them so many times for legit questions but questions that shouldn't have needed to be asked. Outside of that Intense gets a thumbs up from me

As requested by PM a picture of my turbo.
Attached Thumbnails G35 Powerlab diy in progress-turbo.jpg  
Old 04-28-2010, 03:24 PM
Tian

Originally Posted by Elperuano
Jeffie from my personal experience I was so excited to go FI and very eager to start the project and originally everything was great but then it became such a headache to deal with them that it just took away from the overall great experience i should've had simply starting my own project. Not really gonna get into details cuz thas not what this thread is about but ill just simply say that I didn't spend almost 6k to be lied to, hung up on and ignored when asked VERY simple questions.
Sorry to hear about this misfortune bro. Hopefully everything pans out in your favor. I do agree though, you should make a thread about your overall exp. I would be livid if I spent 6k and get no response along with fitment problems. One of the many reasons I plan to stay away from FI.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:32 PM
jeffie7

Originally Posted by Tian
along with fitment problems. One of the many reasons I plan to stay away from FI.
I was the FIRST DIY installer of a powerlab kit. Hell, I got I think one of the first 30? kits sent out from powerlab, maybe it was 60? I don't remember?

I have zero rubbing issues.......

Everyone I've talked to that has run into fitment problems were rushing it. I admit I ran into fitment issues and stopped, walked away and came back a different day. Guess what? it all lined up.

Doing a big job DIY really means giving yourself enough time to walk away at any point. I would NEVER do a DIY I haven't done before unless I knew I had way more time then I needed. If I needed my car the next week I would have never started it.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:47 PM
Tian

Originally Posted by jeffie7
I was the FIRST DIY installer of a powerlab kit. Hell, I got I think one of the first 30? kits sent out from powerlab, maybe it was 60? I don't remember?

I have zero rubbing issues.......

Everyone I've talked to that has run into fitment problems were rushing it. I admit I ran into fitment issues and stopped, walked away and came back a different day. Guess what? it all lined up.

Doing a big job DIY really means giving yourself enough time to walk away at any point. I would NEVER do a DIY I haven't done before unless I knew I had way more time then I needed. If I needed my car the next week I would have never started it.
Agreed. Although i'm not sure about the turnaround time that is expected on Elperuano's car, I can assure you that this isn't GreenGoblins first DIY.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:51 PM
GreenGoblin

This has nothing to do with fitment... It does fit and is well thought out, but the wrong fittings included with the turbo and tap holes which were incorrect. I just re-tapped them for the correct threading. There is no timeline on Mike's car, it will not be rushed; only completed 100%. I told Mike from the start only thing he can expect is a top notch quality install.

Last edited by GreenGoblin; 04-28-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:43 PM
Elperuano

This has nothing to do with fitment... It does fit and is well thought out, but the wrong fittings included with the turbo and tap holes which were incorrect. I just re-tapped them for the correct threading. There is no timeline on Mike's car, it will not be rushed; only completed 100%. I told Mike from the start only thing he can expect is a top notch quality install.
I got no issues with the install and I have 150% confidence in Danny for this project.. U should see his major project now that thing is just amazing. He took on this turbo project as a side job which Im very grateful to have found someone who's very competent with the VQ platform.

Jeffie this is why I made the complaint I had with Intense earlier. Although I didnt wanna get into detail the question was something Danny had an issue with and as you know he wouldnt ask it unless he wanted to be sure. Wasn't like he called and asked them to take him through install step by step. And also that would require someone actually picking up the phone and then when they actually did would also require someone there who actually KNEW about installing this kit, which we found neither.

I am very happy to report that Intensepwr actually contacted me and explained that the fittings sent were wrong and that he would overnight me the parts. That REALLY helps my feelings toward them cause it shows they're trying to rectify a problem which wasn't my fault. Im gonna wait til tomorrow or friday to see if actually true though cuz one of my issues was that I've been told by them before that they were shipping something only to never receive anything.

Let's hope!
Old 04-28-2010, 09:55 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

yeah i think they were swamped busy as typical mondays cause i couldnt get through either, but i did talked a bit yesterday....as i understand the fittings send by the supplier were in correct although they are almost exactly the same. When i called they were packing overnight the correct fittings, all of the 4 orders that shipped with wrong ones should get this.
From what i hear most of the install has gone smoothly otherwise.

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 04-28-2010 at 10:05 PM.

Quick Reply: G35 Powerlab diy in progress