Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Exhaust Manifold Gaskets

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 05:37 AM
RandomHer0

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Exhaust Manifold Gaskets

2003 Infiniti G35
Greddy TT
Fel-Pro Gaskets

So at the track yesterday I noticed an exhaust manifold leak, that obviously got worse as the day went on and now my car sounds like a junker.

When I first installed the kit (bought used), I tossed the used gaskets and bought new fel-pro ones which obviously couldnt take the abuse.

So now I have to replace it, but Im curious now, with that? I'd like to use a layered metal gasket that can take the abuse, thats what came with the greddy tt kit but I didnt use them. Maybe a bad idea, but it's been 2+ years of abuse, mostly at the track.

Does anyone recommened a gasket that will take abuse for years to come, this is going to be a shitty job, in my garage, with the motor in. So if I doit, I want to doit right and make it last.

Recommendations?

Thanks.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:42 AM
InjectedPerf
Sponsor
Injected Performance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OEM gaskets.

Originally Posted by RandomHer0
2003 Infiniti G35
Greddy TT
Fel-Pro Gaskets

So at the track yesterday I noticed an exhaust manifold leak, that obviously got worse as the day went on and now my car sounds like a junker.

When I first installed the kit (bought used), I tossed the used gaskets and bought new fel-pro ones which obviously couldnt take the abuse.

So now I have to replace it, but Im curious now, with that? I'd like to use a layered metal gasket that can take the abuse, thats what came with the greddy tt kit but I didnt use them. Maybe a bad idea, but it's been 2+ years of abuse, mostly at the track.

Does anyone recommened a gasket that will take abuse for years to come, this is going to be a shitty job, in my garage, with the motor in. So if I doit, I want to doit right and make it last.

Recommendations?

Thanks.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:52 AM
RandomHer0

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats what I was wondering, thanks.