Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

How many motors blown due to Procharger?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 06:29 PM
abogada001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And here it is...................
Attached Thumbnails How many motors blown due to Procharger?-10-3-g35-014-2-.jpg  
Old 11-18-2003, 06:30 PM
Edretti

What a crook!! Now that I ve seen that, I have lost respect for the Vortech name.
One bad apple doesn't neccessarily ruin someone's reputation quite so fast. Outside of this sneaky dog Vortech has quite an excellent reputation in the industry. Surely someone like this doesn't make the company look good but I wouldn't go as far as saying that I lost respect for Vortech as a whole. They make great products. Finding great people especially (not like this dirty dog) is difficult and I'm sure Vortech wouldn't have hired him would they have known that he had any chance of hurting their name. I still think they make great superchargers despite the $hitty move by this sales rep. I'll just make sure that I don't buy from him!
Old 11-18-2003, 06:32 PM
Edretti

Oh Robin, you tease! We need a shot with you and the completed product. We need new material too....and you know what I mean!!!!
Old 11-18-2003, 06:55 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Guys, if you have not done so, go and read this entire thread, especially the last 2 pages. It explains the entire Brian at Vortech situation. Here:

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....195#post536195

In addition, Steve P., who works at Vortech has been posting for weeks now providing information to us. He is very helpful, a great guy. At least Vortech regularly post on this site, answers questions, and does not release a PR written letter every 2-3 months only blaming everyone but themselves for the problems with their products..(can you say ATI, yes i knew you could).

Anyways, i believe the Brian issue is past us, Steve has been up front, honest, and working with us do if you have questions about Vortech, go to that thread and give him a chance.

As for ATI, I wrote a letter to them (superchargersonline.com on the forums) on the same thread they posted my letter to them and they ignored it. I admit, i have a problem with any company that ignores their customers when they got problems. The way ATI quickly repsonded to Brian at Vortech pointing out he is an employee proves ATI reads all these threads. They even said they read them. So when they continue to ignore our concerns like on this thread, it opens up the doors to our full judgement.

Anyone that continues to defend a company that does not attempt to explain or clairify an issue that many of its customers are experiencing seems crazy to me. Just because your ATI does not have the problem yet, does not mean a problem does not exist. This kind of reminds me of a child defending the step father that abused them. Guys, they took your money and you took all the risk buying a new product. The product is showing fuel management issues yet they are ignoring your concerns on these threads and allowing you to continue to drive your car without any technical support. Hello, wake up, your motor will cost you anywhere up to $8000 to replace! When it blows, I assume ATI will do just what they have done with others, release another letter blaming tuners and Nissan. At least ATI could do is write you guys a Christmas card thanking you for doing the R&D work now they did not do because they rushed this product to market prematurely.

if Vortech has problems with their kits and does not work with us to fix them, I will be just as critical. As of right now, they talk to us daily, supply information to us, and have a better history of customer service so if that makes be biased then I am I guess. I call it looking at the facts.

Last edited by zland; 11-18-2003 at 07:03 PM.
Old 11-18-2003, 07:01 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by abogada001
And here is a pic with a hole cut in the Plastic support for better air flow...........
Is it just me or did ATI forget to sent you a filter?
Old 11-18-2003, 07:01 PM
abogada001

edretti...........thought you already saw these, I will take some more soon.....lol
Attached Images  
Old 11-18-2003, 07:13 PM
Topics II

Now I hope that you guys dont take this too personally, but i know that "most" people with this car do not drive it like they mean it. They just cruise around and love it cuz it looks nice. And they want some parts on it for braggin rights. I hear about people putting turbos on their tiburons and **** because itll get them more show points. You know that a tiburon with a big ol turbo isnt going to last forever if boosted frequently.

Truth of the matter is, most of these procharger buyers boost their cars once in a blue moon. I believe ravaz blew his motor when he was hauling in 5th/6th gear. His blew the night he got the car back. I boosted my car frequently, plenty of high gear pulls, and lots, and lots of drifting. Constant hupper rpms and boost for minutes. Not seconds. A drag race only lasts 13-14 seconds. So even "racers" arent putting their car to too much abuse. I bet if i just cruised my car, and went to car shows, it would have lasted for years. Cuz it seemed like it had potential taking all that abuse for 3-4 months straight.

A Procharged engine is a ticking time bomb... and its up to you how long itll last.
Old 11-18-2003, 07:17 PM
Edretti

edretti...........thought you already saw these, I will take some more soon.....lol
I did, I just didn't get enough last time!
Old 11-18-2003, 07:24 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally posted by Topics II
........ A Procharged engine is a ticking time bomb... and its up to you how long itll last.
Very wise words, the people that say they do not have any problems do not know for sure as the damage is internal and you will not know until it is too late and probably wont show up here to tell us and hear the "I told you so's"

For something like this on a high compression engine you need to be someone like jesse or electrik who seem to have a lot of technical knowledge and know what they are doing and don't depend on others to do it "right" for them.
Old 11-18-2003, 07:39 PM
Topics II

Originally posted by westpak
Very wise words, the people that say they do not have any problems do not know for sure as the damage is internal and you will not know until it is too late and probably wont show up here to tell us and hear the "I told you so's"

For something like this on a high compression engine you need to be someone like jesse or electrik who seem to have a lot of technical knowledge and know what they are doing and don't depend on others to do it "right" for them.
Yeah pretty much... Hell, I could custom up twin t51r's and claim to make 1100rwhp. And cruise around all day and night and park it at shows. And it would last 100,000 miles.

Ohh and my motor only lasted 2months now that i think about it, not 3-4 like i previously posted.
Old 11-18-2003, 08:01 PM
ravaz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Edretti
So ATI says that they are investigating the 3 known motors that have been blown up. Ravaz, have you heard anything from ATI?
Yes..
Old 11-18-2003, 08:16 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by ravaz
Yes..
might as well spill the beans
Old 11-18-2003, 08:37 PM
zyal8rnj

I have the ATI Procharger and have so far had no problems. I have no ego problems so I will post if I do. If I do, it's definitely a design flaw or some kind of compatibility issue because I don't ever beat on the car. The only time the car has been above 6000RPM was on the Dyno at XXTuning (6458 to be exact). And it looks like I'll be purchasing that J&S thingee (yeah, that's my technical term for it) that Jesse has researched just to be extra safe. I never wanted to do any modifications, but Nissan IMHO whimped out on the motor and "Forced" me to (excuse the pun). Where the heck is the stock twin turbo from Nissan that IMHO made the Z car so good to begin with?? My next Z car will be a vintage 300TT (It'll be vintage by the time I have enough money for another car). In short it's all Nissan's fault! (j/k)
Old 11-18-2003, 09:03 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Is this a sign that ATI might soon break their silence on fuel management issues

Below is a reply I have been waiting for a long time. Maybe ATI will soon break their silence on this fuel management issue? This was a response to a letter I wrote them posted after thir response on this post.

Dear Jeff,

There will be one shortly. I am sorry that I don't have more to offer at this time, though I assure you there will be one. I will hope that it will address all concerns you may have, or others in the product.

Regards
ATI

The below letter is a reply to a letter you posted on superchargeronline.com regarding the ATI SC on 350Z’s. I am a potential consumer concerned about several issues. I post daily on my350Z.com (1700 posts to date) and many others on that site share many of these same concerns. Please read this and respond.

Thank you,

Jeff

Dear ATI:

Thank you for finally responding to some of the issues regarding your product on the 350Z. I know that every product produced has a certain amount of failures, just ask NASA!

On the other hand, my biggest concern with your company has been the absence of you working with owners with problems. I am on my350Z.com daily. I have spoken to 2 of the owners that have blown motors with your product on it and others that are having other problems. I would not automatically assume it is your fault but you would think that when those customers blew up their motors having $5-8000 worth of damage not covered under any warranty, you would at least called the owner or sent someone to determine if it could somehow be avoided in the future. They both told me you had not been involved whatsoever.

You mention about the high reliability of your product. Let me just say that there are about 20 owners of ATI SC of my350Z.com that have posted they own your product. I know because I asked! Out of that group, 3 have blown motors. That does not speak of high reliability to me.

Your SC produces more hp than the soon to be released Vortec and Dream Workes SC kits. I survey 350Z owners (remember this is the most popular website for 350Z's with thousands of members) and asked them which SC kit would you be most interested in purchasing. The response was over 40% for Vortec, over 20% for Dream Workes, and much less than that for your ATI product. With a competitive price that you offer and better hp, it seems to me the reason more people are considering SC kits with less hp that are just as expensive is you do not have a record of reliability and service.

You can have your attorney write another letter or whoever your PR person is that posted this letter above if you like but as a potential 350Z owner as myself, I would be much more interested in buying your product if you worried more about taking care of existing customers than writing a letter that misleads us on the facts.

Remember, I was VERY close to buying your product. I waited for months to see if it would prove to be reliable. Then when it wasn't, I waited again giving you a 2nd chance hoping you would support and service your product, but you failed again. Although I love many of the performance aspects of your SC kit, the lack of reliability and customer service have got me looking else where and frustrated with your company. I think your product could become an excellent product and hope you begin to deal with the issues you continue to avoid.
Old 11-18-2003, 09:11 PM
Topics II

Originally posted by zyal8rnj
I have the ATI Procharger and have so far had no problems. I have no ego problems so I will post if I do. If I do, it's definitely a design flaw or some kind of compatibility issue because I don't ever beat on the car. The only time the car has been above 6000RPM was on the Dyno at XXTuning (6458 to be exact).
My point exactly, the motor will never blow, if you never use the boost.
Old 11-18-2003, 09:42 PM
ravaz

Default Re: Is this a sign that ATI might soon break their silence on fuel management issues

Originally posted by zland
On the other hand, my biggest concern with your company has been the absence of you working with owners with problems.

Although I love many of the performance aspects of your SC kit, the lack of reliability and customer service have got me looking else where and frustrated with your company.
This is not true. ATI has been very very very helpful with me. OK, so they aren't on the board posting daily like Vortech and other companies are. Does that mean they don't care, and aren't aware of the issues and looking into them? I'm sure they will post their findings when they figure it all out, it doesn't happen over night, it probably will take some time to determine if there is a problem with the kit or not. Think about it. If they post something on here, you guys will jump all over them and beat them to death. I'm not taking sides here, sh*t, I'm out time and money right now because of a blown motor. But at the same time, I'm confident in ATI. Hell, I'm putting the kit back on my car next week, on a stock motor and when I finish up building my other motor, it will be right back on there too. I guess we'll see what happens, but either way, I'm confident in ATI and look forward to having the kit back on my car.

-Bill
Old 11-18-2003, 09:50 PM
ravaz

Originally posted by Del350
As far as the "We are aware of 3 motor failures. Each case has had modifications or tuning that varied from our original product". Thats ********s. What on Ravaz's car was modifications or tuning differences? Dont say that it is all AAM's fault.
Well, you know AAM did raise rev limiter, and who knows what else they did with the ECM. I'm sure ATI doesn't suggest and support doing this. Also, I do say it's AAM's fault.

My car was f*cked when I picked it up, I didn't do anything to the car and have no reason to point my finger at ATI. My car was hurt on the dyno, I know it for a fact. They didn't even take it for a test drive before I picked it up. How the hell do you tune a car, and not take it on the road for a test drive, even if you don't do it with a wideband O2, you still take it for a spin to see how it's doing on the road. OK, so you have 2 blown cars coming from AAM right now. We all know how AAM's reputation has gone down lately, and that's all I'm going to say about them...
Old 11-18-2003, 10:27 PM
N4Spd

huh?, read my signature!

Originally posted by zyal8rnj
I have the ATI Procharger and have so far had no problems. I have no ego problems so I will post if I do. If I do, it's definitely a design flaw or some kind of compatibility issue because I don't ever beat on the car. The only time the car has been above 6000RPM was on the Dyno at XXTuning (6458 to be exact). And it looks like I'll be purchasing that J&S thingee (yeah, that's my technical term for it) that Jesse has researched just to be extra safe. I never wanted to do any modifications, but Nissan IMHO whimped out on the motor and "Forced" me to (excuse the pun). Where the heck is the stock twin turbo from Nissan that IMHO made the Z car so good to begin with?? My next Z car will be a vintage 300TT (It'll be vintage by the time I have enough money for another car). In short it's all Nissan's fault! (j/k) [/B]
Old 11-18-2003, 10:38 PM
Del350

Not only have blown motors happened, but numerous fouled plugs and other assorted problems. So what is Ati's explanation for this? Dont tell me AAM because they have numerous other high end cars there including a sc'd firebird running 11's.
Old 11-19-2003, 01:01 AM
elektrik_juggernaut

Check out the superchargersonline.com forum.........start with the ATI forum.......see how many problems?.....not with just Z's, with ALL cars.......Now take a peek in the Vortech Forum......see a big difference in the magnitude of problems?......the Vortech guys have leaky seals on their compressors, and superchargers that don't work in sub-34-degree temperatures........the ATI people have blown motors, blue smoke, lean conditions, etc.......apparently their quality is legendary

Quick Reply: How many motors blown due to Procharger?