Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Open Letter To Ati

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2003, 11:36 AM
daking350
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Open Letter To Ati

Dear ATI,

I recently purchased one of your Procharger kits for my 350Z and istalled it myself. I have had no problems to date other than a little vibration that was fixed by gringing the pinch weld in the inner fender well of my vehicle.I am also running on Stock FMU setting for safety reasons.
I have become concearned in reading many threads and posts in which the issue of TIMING CONTROL has come up over and over again.You even stressed the importance of TIMING CONTROL in your "Technical notice to ATI owners"
Because additional fuel is available with the EFMU beyond what is required
at 7 psi, we have had inquiries from customers who wanted to purchase a
pulley change and raise the boost level. We have been proactive on these
calls, and have advised customers that they should not change pulleys unless
They have a plan to retard the timing at boost levels above 7 psi, due to
Increased cylinder pressure. Because we sell the pulleys, we have been able
to have these conversations on the front end.
My question to you is this..Why dont you just offer a timing control to all existing ATI owners and then add one to the future kits sold?If all other Supercharger manufacturers feel it is a relevant enough factor to add a TIMING CONTRO DEVICE to their kits , then why dont you? You do realize how you are hurting your Sales and reputation throughout the Z community don't you??
My interpertation in reading your Technical notice is that under 100% complete IDEAL CONDITIONS your kit is reliable and effective..... Well in the real world these conditions sometimes vary and people are always going to PUSH THE LIMITS, so why not have more of a safety net designed into your kit to save face. Or at least address the requests or concearns of your consumers, or should I say TESTERS...I wint through this with Someone over a Stillen A while back on an issue with one of their wings failing on me..So rather than give me a new wing right away and make things right, he decided to procrastinate on the issue and my thread wound up being over 2500 views..This cost Stillen Countless customers and when they finally realized it it was to late. All that over a $368 wing..Now imagine the sales you have lost on a $5700 supercharger kit...WoW!!!Someone at ATI needs To step up and do some Damage control before this gets out of hand and you guys loose the Z community forever....
Your technical notice simply is no enough for me...I need some peace of mind that I will not blow my engine under normal HARD ACCELERATION...What do you guys plan to do???
Old 12-04-2003, 11:55 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Great Post!
Old 12-04-2003, 11:56 AM
acmw

Originally posted by zland
Great Post!
DITTO!
Old 12-04-2003, 01:20 PM
keepupp

I have one question for you...Are you using the pre-set FMU settings from Procharger? If so, you are most likely in danger of running lean. My Prochargers manual even stated that the pre-set settings were a starting point...this in untrue. At the factory settings the car will starve for fuel. So hopefully you have done some tuning.
Old 12-04-2003, 01:21 PM
elektrik_juggernaut

i agree......Great Post!!!!!!!

Yes ATI, it has become pretty clear that you have damaged your reputation in the Z community.......obviously, you wouldn't be posting here unless you had felt your sales were being hurt........it's time to take care of your existing customers, if you ever want to have any future ones

You need to buy back these faulty kits before some guy in a black robe forces you to

You just can't do this kind of business in America
Old 12-04-2003, 02:08 PM
12SecZ

Concur, plus I want to add in add in that I am having shifting issues and verified it to be a known problem with this kit and my car today, an A5T.

I would either like a fix or a refund. My kit is not safe for my tranny in it's current state and my bumper is ruined where the FMIC hose is routed. The kit is worthless to me if the tranny sticks at WOT.

Thank You