Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Procharger has arrived!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 08:20 PM
camaya4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Procharger has arrived!

I just received my procharger kit! Next step is a Cosworth plenum and fuel rails. I am looking for some insight as to what size fuel injectors I should use for a 7-9 psi setup? Also, if anyone can give a heads up on idler pulleys and if I should stick with the procharger ones or what? Finally, I am always wanting to get the most bang for my buck, so with that being said would a full stand alone ECU (Haltech) work better than a reflash such as Osirus? Overkill with the Haltech?
Old 05-28-2011, 08:38 PM
chrisjersey06

Haltech is overkill for a 7-9psi setup. Uprev works flawlessly and you don't have to mess with anything. As far as injectors, that's as much as mine is running and I have DW 600s.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:41 PM
camaya4

I thought the Haltech would be to much. Thanks for the insight!
Old 05-28-2011, 09:19 PM
thatv35guy

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

I think the cosworth plenum will be a waste for your setup... and are you getting a return fuel system or just rails?
Old 05-28-2011, 10:40 PM
hellsoldiers08

Originally Posted by chrisjersey06
Haltech is overkill for a 7-9psi setup. Uprev works flawlessly and you don't have to mess with anything. As far as injectors, that's as much as mine is running and I have DW 600s.

i smell a Nina edit lol

O, i just noticed everyone was making fun of me(yes, im updating this of monday the 30th) Wow i forgot the J big deal lol

Last edited by hellsoldiers08; 05-30-2011 at 04:57 PM.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:35 AM
chrisjersey06

Originally Posted by camaya4
I just received my procharger kit! Next step is a Cosworth plenum and fuel rails. I am looking for some insight as to what size fuel injectors I should use for a 7-9 psi setup? Also, if anyone can give a heads up on idler pulleys and if I should stick with the procharger ones or what? Finally, I am always wanting to get the most bang for my buck, so with that being said would a full stand alone ECU (Haltech) work better than a reflash such as Osirus? Overkill with the Haltech?
Originally Posted by thatv35guy
I think the cosworth plenum will be a waste for your setup... and are you getting a return fuel system or just rails?
I agree. You probably won't get much of a gain if any by changing the plenum. Rails and/or RFS is a bit overkill as well for that setup. I'd just get a pump and injectors.

Originally Posted by hellsoldiers08
i smell a Nina edit lol
Don't know what that is.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:21 AM
phreaktor
¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

i smell a Nina edit lol
Originally Posted by chrisjersey06

Don't know what that is.
I smell a Nina edit coming too.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:15 PM
camaya4

Thanks for the info! Saved me some major green backs. Anyone have suggestions about pulleys?
Old 05-29-2011, 04:13 PM
chrisjersey06

Thanks for the info! Saved me some major green backs. Anyone have suggestions about pulleys?
I'm not sure what people do with Prochargers, I'm a Vortech guy.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:22 PM
Eno

Not to thread jack but I'll bite... What's a Nina edit?

As for the supporting mods- I'll +1 on the suggestions for the 255 pump and 600 injectors. Did the same with my initial build when I was stock block (though with a TT setup) with similar boost expectations and 400-425hp / tq expectations. I have a rail / return but at that point I expected to upgrade and figured now was the time to get it all in place. I went with the Osiris tune as well and have no complaints. Like everyone says- you could have any ems you want... If the guy on the computer doesn't know what he's doing you're in trouble. Osiris is definitely your answer...

Not really sure what your goals are but before too many of the guys who really know what they're talking about step in you'll probably need to give them an idea as to your intentions. Sounds like you have pretty modest expectations now- so few supporting mods will be needed. If you intend on stepping it up a few notches guys might hint at better fuel management now...

Anyway... Good luck with the build.

Okay. Back to this Nina edit...
Old 05-29-2011, 05:41 PM
hellsoldiers08

basicly when you post saying something but you edit it real quick so it wont show up saying last edited: date and time or w.e. when i first checked this thread i saw the 2nd post say something and then when i came back it said something totally different. aka hints of a ninja edit
Old 05-29-2011, 05:47 PM
Eno

Oooooooh a NINJA edit.

You're right though I like Nina edit better. No wonder I never found anything on google.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:59 PM
IslandZavage

Since when is a RFS/rails overkill? Anytime you can upgrade your fuel system when going FI is always a good thing regardless of power goals...
Old 05-29-2011, 06:31 PM
Mcutali

Originally Posted by IslandZavage
Since when is a RFS/rails overkill? Anytime you can upgrade your fuel system when going FI is always a good thing regardless of power goals...
think he wanted insight on haltech being overkill...which a member informed him osiris can do what he needs with 7-9psi setup.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:23 PM
camaya4

I was thinking that since i'm going to have the car torn down I might as well change the fuel rails along with the injectors. I am going to need a good fuel pump. Any suggestions? I know that once I install the procharger and have fun with it for a short while that damn mod bug will come back. I'm wanting to get about 400-425hp. Will I achieve this with the mods that I have? I haven't even talked about the exhaust! I have an HKS exhaust but am a little confused about the cats. High flow cats or no cats at all?
Old 05-29-2011, 08:53 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Well I'm doing a HKS Supercharger build and I just so happen to have a Haltec... It's capabilities, price, and tuning are waaaaay over what you'd need for your setup(and mine for that matter). I did some reading and the Cosworth didn't do much for the price of admission .. Yes I know it's a supporting mod but a plenum spacer does the trick. 400-425 may not be as attainable as you may think on a Procharger... Vortech's are king for big horsepower and everyone else are all similar in power numbers. My set up is as follows:

-Haltech... Uprev is a better choice for the money
-600cc DW's
-CJM Stage 0 Fuel Return System
-Walbro 225 Fuel Pump... I'm doing a little research on the DW unit though.
-Motordyne XYZ Y-Pipe
-Motordyne ART Pipes
-Nismo S-Tune exhuast
-ARC V2 Catchcan
-GTM pulley and intake uprgrade
-HKS Rotrex Supercharger

With that set up I'm looking for about 370-380whp and the Tq figure to be just a tad lower. I strongly suggest doing the Stage 0 upgrade so that your set up can have some upgradeability in the future, the guy I bought my HKS from only had injectors but was running Meth so that was making it possible to run that system. I did a lot of research on here, check the FI sticky's and just brows the threads... it may or may not contain exactly what your looking for BUT you may pick up valuable info about supporting mods and tuning. Good Luck my friend.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:36 AM
chrisjersey06

basicly when you post saying something but you edit it real quick so it wont show up saying last edited: date and time or w.e. when i first checked this thread i saw the 2nd post say something and then when i came back it said something totally different. aka hints of a ninja edit
I think I just added the sentence regarding injector size after I saw he asked about that as well.

I haven't even talked about the exhaust! I have an HKS exhaust but am a little confused about the cats. High flow cats or no cats at all?
I'm running Megan headers, Kinetix cats, and an HKS on mine. Its a nice setup, not too loud, and keeps the cat patrol off my back. Had no problem making 400whp on it. Was going to do test pipes or long tubes, but between the smell, noise, and legality, it wasn't worth it. This is more of a preference/where you live kinda thing.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:59 AM
camaya4

Appreciate the help! The stage 0 is a good idea. Like I said I'm pretty sure that I'll get infected with the mod bug in the near future. Longevity is a big issue with me, thats why I'm looking for 400-425hp. I have a 2010 Charger SRT8 that has 425hp and that is plenty for me. I can only imagine what that kind of hp in a car half the size would feel like.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:33 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I highly recommend an RFS for your goals. Aside from more flow potential, the main point is that an RFS will stabilize your fuel pressure and equalize flow during boost. It will also make tuning easier and the tune itself more consistent over time.

Since you mention longevity, IMO this is fairly important unless you're on a shoestring budget... and in that case why even go FI...
Old 05-30-2011, 04:12 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^i agree

Quick Reply: Procharger has arrived!