Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Ultimate Racing Turbo Kit SNEAK PEAK!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2003, 09:22 PM
SSR Engineering

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Ultimate Racing
As for my "cruddy" remark. I may have jumped the gun on that one and I apologize. Definitely un-called for. But I really do wonder how some of the other kits are getting away with their designs. I really do think they are relying heavily on their name to market their kits. For the records, our kit does not require you to relocate/lose the coolant reservoir or washer bottle.
Yours look's cruddy compared to ours

Haha, just kidding, keep up the good work. I can't wait to see that thing in action!
Old 12-15-2003, 10:14 PM
ZZtopp

Originally posted by little_rod

That said, it does look nice and I will keep my eye on it. Watch out, you already have ZZ(Mr. Negativity)topp on you, heh.
"Mr. Negativity"? WHY? Because I dog your favorite rip-off wheel company Iforged? I'll send you a box of tissues.

These guys apologized for their self-admitted uncalled for remark Beyond that, I hope they come up with a kick-*** TT kit. It looks good so far.
Old 12-16-2003, 06:27 AM
Ultimate Racing

Well, I am real disappointed that this kit is coming as a twin.

So are we. A single turbo can definitely be done though. But for a production kit, it's just not realistic and the price tag on it wouldn't be very attractive.

Darryl
Old 12-17-2003, 04:27 PM
little_rod

That is cool Darryl, I am looking forward to seeing your kit though, as I will have interest.

ZZ, ahh, you dog more than that, lol. Just kidding though, I have issues with iforged that I don't feel like bringing up, but I still like the look of them better than anything else on the market for the Z. That means a lot to me.
Old 12-17-2003, 04:36 PM
ZZtopp

That is cool Darryl, I am looking forward to seeing your kit though, as I will have interest.

ZZ, ahh, you dog more than that, lol. Just kidding though, I have issues with iforged that I don't feel like bringing up, but I still like the look of them better than anything else on the market for the Z. That means a lot to me.
I like the looks of those crappy wheels too....those ba$tards.
Old 12-17-2003, 04:37 PM
spazpilot

Originally posted by Ultimate Racing
We will first be testing the Greddy E-Manage system. We have quite a bit of experience with the system and have had success with every car we've installed it on.

As a side note, we installed the Greddy E-Manage and our 440cc fuel injectors on the car in stock form prior to the turbo kit and had it running very nicely.

Did you use the injector change feature (i.e. 285cc to 440cc), or did you use the map table or the injector table to get it to idle right?
Old 12-17-2003, 04:49 PM
little_rod

lol, ZZ, they are quite beautiful, and I have had some problems with them, but I wouldn't trade them for anything else. They really look that good.

Man, I am excited about all of these turbo kits coming out, while I am broke right now, but next fall.....
Old 12-18-2003, 07:37 AM
Ultimate Racing

spazpilot
We are using the injector change feature and it is idling/running well.

Some news for everyone. Our 350z was started on Tuesday and the car is running fantastic! Started up on the first shot, but then again why wouldn't it? We had the E-Manage and the 440cc injectors installed long before the turbo setup went in. What we will be doing now is driving the car around HARD. We performed a leak-down test on the motor prior to the turbo, and will be doing one again after we are done our durability test. Testing should be completed by mid to late January.
Old 12-18-2003, 10:31 AM
Traffic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

400 wHP would be lovely. Are you pleased with the eManage?
Old 12-18-2003, 11:02 AM
Ultimate Racing

E-Manage has always worked well for us. It's working great in our 350z right now!

Thanks

Darryl
Old 12-18-2003, 04:04 PM
little_rod

Well, I for one, don't see a reason to buy a TT kit if I can't get 400 rwhp. I know it is supposed to be less "reliable", but if I spend the money, I want 400. The area under that curve would be amazing.
Old 12-18-2003, 07:39 PM
DragonZ

i your 350 test vehicle utilizing a cat-back exhaust?high-flow cats? What is the actual set-up so we can calculate what our potential rwhp will be also when you dyno results come back.

Side bar: If you truly make 400whp I would be more than happy to be one of the first to order your set-up.

With those numbers, that should keep up with my Ducati...
Old 12-19-2003, 05:48 AM
Ultimate Racing

Hey guys,

Right now, our 350z is equipped with test-pipes, and our 3.5" turbo exhaust. We need to test with test-pipes first to see if there will be any boost creep issues with the increased exhaust flow. After that, we will be testing with our high-flow cats.

Thanks

Darryl
Old 12-19-2003, 06:17 AM
Juztin

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Do you guys have any insight on the boost capabilites of the T3 in conjunction with the VQ35? Ie can it hold say 15psi to redline or would it drop off some by then. Or say even more possibly 20psi? I'm still considering compressor types. Of course the 18G is pretty big for our cars, but running in the 15psi+ range should yield huge gains. I'm just trying to determine this kits long-term performance capability & room for growth as the psi handling capabilities of the block will be increased. Any insight is much appreciated, thanks UR!

Last edited by Juztin; 12-19-2003 at 06:20 AM.
Old 12-19-2003, 09:51 AM
Ultimate Racing

Juztin

Our T3 setup will be able to hold 15psi to 7000rpm without a problem. This should produce approximately 600HP at the crank.
On a 20psi setup, the turbos would be able to support up to 6500rpm before tapering off. This should produce about 700HP at the crank.

Thanks

Darryl
Old 12-19-2003, 01:20 PM
cougar0102

just curious, what kind of price are you trying to keep this kit under? Price is the main issue for me. I already have the Injen exhaust, and from what I understand a turbo kit would require a bigger exhaust?
Old 12-19-2003, 01:39 PM
Ultimate Racing

I really don't want to estimate any prices just yet. I wouldn't want to scare anyone away or get people's hopes up. We're still in the prototyping phases where just about anything can happen. Major parts can change at a snap of a finger.

As for exhaust, most aftermarket exhausts will do, but I really feel that our 3.5" Turbo exhaust will perform the best considering this is a turbocharged V6.

Thanks

Darryl
Old 12-19-2003, 05:15 PM
little_rod

Darryl, is that a single or dual exhaust on your turbo??? Also, I assume it will run with the stock exhaust, just not as well of course.
Old 12-20-2003, 06:10 AM
Ultimate Racing

little_rod

Our 3.5" Turbo exhaust starts at the Y-pipe. 3.5" single pipe into a Magnaflow muffler (single entry), with dual outlets. Magnaflow mufflers are known to offer great sound. Deep, and not overly loud.

The Turbo exhaust is QUIET as is. With the addition of the turbo, it's even quieter. I would have to say that it's the ULTIMATE sleeper exhaust! Resembles stock, and makes great power. As our car sits it's not much louder than stock with the turbo!

Yes, the kit is able to bolt to factory cats and thus any exhaust system. It can be run on the factory exhaust, but it's not suggested. A small diameter exhaust like the factory exhaust can hold back as much as 50HP+ on a turbocharged motor! It does make a large difference.

On a side note, I'd have to say that our 3.5" Turbo exhaust isn't just for turbo! We gained 20WHP on the dyno with the exhaust as well as our Cold-Air Intake prior to the turbo. I'll post the dyno charts for that later on.

Thanks

Darryl
Old 12-21-2003, 07:15 AM
little_rod

OK, Daryl, I do remember you saying you are looking for like 400rwhp, is that with or without the above referenced exhaust??

Quick Reply: Ultimate Racing Turbo Kit SNEAK PEAK!