Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

AEM Infinity

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 10:17 AM
psychoballistic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SurraTT
Very true! I doubt any Standalone system for the VQ35 will be able to "fake" readiness monitors, IF they CAN then that will be amazing for OBD2 hardships. I would def give that system a shot in my car.

With this AEM having OBD2? What are the possibilities of readiness monitors "fooling" around? There is a fine legal issue around there correct??
You can mess around with OBD2 readiness monitors in terms of setting them to applicable or not applicable. It is against the law to set them to "READY", but still ways to do that. Depending on your state, its best to see how the OBD2 scans if applicable are read.

NY allows for instance cars to pass with monitors that read "Not applicable" but "Not ready" fails.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:15 PM
jerryd87

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i just like it the easy way, no echeck period lol im leaving my registration at my moms house in ohio her county dosnt have echeck. although since im out of state they dont require me to have it if i fill out the paper. advantage of being military though being able to still claim residency there but live in hawaii, hawaii dosnt have echeck either though just a stupid *** safety inspection
Originally Posted by psychoballistic
As a Pro-efi 128 user, there is no way in hell that I would suggest to anyone getting rid of their stock ecu to use it as a full standalone. Supra's- maybe, but vq's- absolutely not. I control my DBW with it, and it's nothing but a challenge for my tuner and for other add-ons like the display. When dropping the sort of $$$ we do on our cars, you want it to work as it is advertised. Do I love my TC function and such, absolutely, but that is tied into the wheel speed sensors which means the Pro-efi can bus and throttle control must be must be plugged in and not the factory connectors.

Like mentioned earlier, the R&D is so important, and updates and progress takes time after learning from issues. Paper is one thing, actual use and performance is a whole other animal. My $.02
Old 01-14-2012, 06:05 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm starting to get a lot bettter working with my proefi box. Still need some support from Jason, but most everything is working. Its way more expensive than haltech +uprev and 99% of users dont need everything that is included with the 128 box. Not to mention it can be quite complicated to work on yourself if you dont have the knack for math.

Unless you went with a cable TB and aftermarket cruise control, it doesnt make sense not to have the stock ecu control the DBW
Old 01-15-2012, 02:53 PM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

FYI, we are testing Haltech's new Pro Plug-In standalone, which replaces the OEM computer. Details on our blog, http://www.dynosty.com/2012/01/new-h...u-replacement/
Old 01-15-2012, 03:08 PM
SurraTT

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hal@Dynosty
FYI, we are testing Haltech's new Pro Plug-In standalone, which replaces the OEM computer. Details on our blog, http://www.dynosty.com/2012/01/new-h...u-replacement/

WOW just when i finally get the 350z unit this comes!

So this will pass obd2 inspection? Too bad for me id still need a harness but THIS IS the type of system ive been looking for YEARS for the VQ35!

DEF in for more deatils idk how i missed this was even coming! Is the current plug in harness 350z ecu going to stay in production?

Looks like it can also fully replace my ecu in 02 maxima. Can it output RPM also? (my rpm signal to gauges is 1 wire, not over CAN)

Cruise control works im assuming?

Will be some issues with ABS wheels speed sensors as mine are not over CAN.

Ive got to get my hands on of these!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-25-2013, 03:54 AM
MonkeyMagic72

Originally Posted by jerryd87
anyone seen a release date on this? seems promising, proefi 128 capabilitys for the cost of a haltech, and supposed to be plug and play on our platform.
It seems like AEM has been marketing these new Infinity standalone ECU a lot. More powerful, higher capability and more of everything with the same cost as other outdated standalone ECU on the market. But will they perform better than the rest with all around aspects. I Hope someone will test these out before I run FI setup on my car and in the market for one of these standalone.

One thing that I have notice that most Korean cars, like Kia and hyundai like the Genesis Coupe as an example. They offer more powerful engine, more luxury option as standard, more stylish look and cheaper price than the 350Z, but there are more 350Z run on the street than the Genesis Coupe. Why? Because most of us think the 350Z is the better car the than Genesis. Hope the AEM Infinity does not run into that type of dilemma.

Anyway, more new offered product and support is great for the VQ community. Which means more choices for all of us. In for update with these.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:02 AM
midz350

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I think jerryd87 already got the AEM Infinity.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:32 AM
MonkeyMagic72

I know. I saw Jerryd87 already posted an update on AEM Infinity follow up from another thread. He mentioned about the Infinity has some glitches just from updating newer version of software. Hopefully, Jerryd87 could chime in to explain.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:39 PM
jerryd87

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

the issues that are out there are simply standard issues that come with development of any new product, you have to remember the infinity isnt officially released for the vq yet, it supports the cam crank pattern and sensors but its not a plug and play option yet i have a fully custom harness ive built and actually am the very first non revup de engine with the ecu since all of aems engines are revups with full cam support.

with that said from what i have seen the algoritms on the infinity are top of the line, base tuning provides more stability and better power curves then fine tuning on other ecus. the PID settings are top notch and require little to no interaction as they appear to be adaptive. spark timing shows little jitter along with other signals, if i where to do twisted pairs of all my wires i would probably eliminate it all.

im looking forward to getting the issues solved and figure this out, hopefully sam will let me know early monday what the error codes mean before he gets started on there first de engine there at aem. there's definitely nothing to worry about though havnt seen a a single complaint yet and alot of people running this that already have support, honda's, some supra's(still no at support for them), vipers, bmw's, lsx's, and even some hemi's. i could have easily been up and running already if i had decided to go to the aem cas sensor system or a universal pattern like 60-2 or something similar, if i remember correctly it only needs some minor modification on the cams to support toyota 24-1 pattern