Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Momentum single turbo Problem's

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 04:29 AM
ReStylin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^ Unhelpful post.
Clearly you know something that I dont know. Unfortunatly I dont know much about the mechanics of cars... so I cant trouble shoot myself, and I am stuck having to take the advice of other people.
The odd time Ill get a fellow member on a forum throw up a "facepalm" picture as a response to what they might think its stupid, which doesnt really do much of anything. As I still have a problem.

So enlighten me... do i NOT need a return fuel system? Do I NOT need a CJM Fuel Rail with Dampers? That what everyone else told me to fix my 2500rpm lean spot.
Hell, if you can help me fix my problem, Ill paypal you $500 cash. But that includes WALKING me through the process until its finished..
Because from your picture you posted you know EXACTLY how to fix this problem.

So....What is it? Id love to drive to the states to get it tuned by someone who is "really really really" good.
HOWEVER, Id rather not have to post this, as its noones business.
I CANT drive to the States, I do NOT have a passport... and I have a criminal Record for Possession of a half gram of Marijuana from a few years ago, that wasnt even mine, but rather a idiot passenger in my car (I dont even drink alcohol)... so I am not ALLOWED in the states.
So I am stuck with tuners who are here.

P.S. That $500 bonus goes to ANYONE who can walk me through the process to fix it.

Last edited by ReStylin; 05-19-2012 at 04:44 AM.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:20 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If you have the stock rails already right now you have dampers so it's not a fuel resonance issue. Also, if it wsa a fuel resonance issue it never presents in just 1 location. Every single person that has the fuel resonance issue has 3 areas of trouble problems. Also, you are having issues on WOT shifting. That isn't anything like the resonance issue. Our resonance issue is only in vac under light load. Everywhere else is perfectly fine.

so no, i don't think it's a fuel resonance issue.

about adding the return system. That will not affect the hesitation between the gears. You will benefit from having a more efficient fuel system if it's boost referenced but it won't change any hesitation problems under shifting. If it's something you want to upgrade anyways then I would do it but if you are doing it only to try to fix this problem then it would be a waste of time and money IMHO.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:41 PM
ReStylin

Well my hesitation under WOT shifting has to do with Tip ins and timing.
Where as my leaning out at 2500 has to do with at partial Throttle and even maxing out the injectors at that mark still shows as almost full lean.....

Im going to go ahead and replace the fuel rail and return as I will be needing it eventually. Might as well do it now and see if it fixes the problem.

If not t
Old 05-19-2012, 09:17 PM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You can throw as many parts as u want but it isn't going to fix much. The problem is your tune/tuner.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:42 AM
binder

Originally Posted by ReStylin
Where as my leaning out at 2500 has to do with at partial Throttle and even maxing out the injectors at that mark still shows as almost full lean.....
oic, i was not aware there were 2 separate problems going on here. Well, i would try the return system because it's beneficial to have anyways. Wait on the rails just yet though.

Originally Posted by djamps
You can throw as many parts as u want but it isn't going to fix much. The problem is your tune/tuner.
This is true. You said even with it maxed in fuel but I've seen a few tuners doing osiris (one of them recently) and he was doing it maf voltage which i like but he was adjusting the wrong areas on the map. I was watching him do it trying to base it off of engine speed and he kept making it super rich in an area just after the lean spike and he never touched the lean spike. I had to point out to him that he was adjusting the wrong maf voltage area. Tuners make mistakes.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:55 AM
djamps

+1 MAF tuning is foreign to many tuners, and others don't seem to understand the importance in Osiris especially with F.I. They just load the 'uprev' MAF table and move on to the fuel tables wondering why the ECU doesn't respond the way it should to large BFS swings.

Last edited by djamps; 05-20-2012 at 07:56 AM.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:21 AM
G3po

Default 2500 lean spot

WRT
"my leaning out at 2500 has to do with at partial Throttle and even maxing out the injectors "

TBH it seems very very unlikely that your injectors could be maxed out at 2500 and light throttle.

I still run a return-less system , 600s ,IDC around 85% a the top or 510rwhp DJ. I used to have the low load fuel resonances (between 2-3.5k), added a third damper just behind the driver's rail, got rid of two of the three. We where able to somewhat trim around the 3rd (that is at 2200). But with a GT-MAf and UPREV , Im resigned that we can not get much better. I'd prefer to not need to hack the trim at the one 2200 rpm point.

So at you power level , the CJM damper rails and an RFS will really be a nice addition, seems really unlikely that particualr upgrade will resolve that 2.5k lean spot. If it does , def in for those results.

Last edited by G3po; 05-20-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:07 PM
ReStylin

Well Now Ive went to 3 Seperate tuners.
All on the UpRev Site lol.

Again, I cant goto the States. Else I would be there now getting it retuned.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:54 PM
Drako_MDx

@ReStylin

You should talk with one of the previous Tuners you dealt with and have them check out this thread. Maybe by reading some of the suggestion in here about tuning first MAF before Fuel Table... and not using pre-made or old Tables. Maybe he/she will be better informed and retune your ride properly.

Couldn't hurt to try...
Old 05-21-2012, 06:29 AM
djamps

One thing I forgot to mention.. a new setting in ROM editor (use the updater tool before launching ROM edito), not sure where but poke around until you find it -- 'fuel target delay' you should zero this out, save the ROM and reflash. By default it's something like 30ms. I don't know if this helped me because I had most of my gremlins ironed out before I found this setting... but it couldn't hurt. I don't expect this to help the 2500rpm lean spot but it could reduce the timing retard you're seeing on boost tip in.

Last edited by djamps; 05-21-2012 at 06:36 AM.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:50 PM
ReStylin

One thing I forgot to mention.. a new setting in ROM editor (use the updater tool before launching ROM edito), not sure where but poke around until you find it -- 'fuel target delay' you should zero this out, save the ROM and reflash. By default it's something like 30ms. I don't know if this helped me because I had most of my gremlins ironed out before I found this setting... but it couldn't hurt. I don't expect this to help the 2500rpm lean spot but it could reduce the timing retard you're seeing on boost tip in.
I went through this.... I found nothing for fuel Target delay.

I see a latenency... is this it?
Old 05-26-2012, 11:15 AM
binder

Well Now Ive went to 3 Seperate tuners.
All on the UpRev Site lol.
That just means they are authorized to sell and use it. Doesn't mean they know all.

GRD tuning in chicago is an uprev tuner and that ******* ran 28* timing on my engine with 14psi of boost and blew my head gaskets. There are moron tuners out there that are "pro" tuners.....
Old 05-26-2012, 09:24 PM
Eno

When the pro tuner I used from Intec in WA, he showed me the 3D model of the tune he had done verus the one someone who "knew" how to tune Osiris. A lot of his time is spent just softening the edges of that 3D map so that everything is nice and smooth and not jagged.

I'm just wondering if that 2500rpm is just a "jagged" spot that needs some polishing or is this clearly way more complex than that?
Old 05-27-2012, 07:53 AM
binder

Originally Posted by ITNKICN

I'm just wondering if that 2500rpm is just a "jagged" spot that needs some polishing or is this clearly way more complex than that?
most of the time smoothing and tweaking is the case but no way to find out unless you got in the car on the dyno and played with it or found someone who was good at perfecting driving maps.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:42 PM
ReStylin

Fark it all, buying a haltech.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:41 AM
Eno

Hmmmmmm.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:06 PM
ReStylin

Originally Posted by ITNKICN
Hmmmmmm.
What are your thoughts brother.

Ive talked to CJM, they said that RFS and rails wouldnt fix any problems.

So problem is the tune. Everyone is telling me Haltech would fix it, including Dynosty and National Speed.

Think this is just another hit and a miss?
Old 06-24-2012, 09:27 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

What are your thoughts brother.

Ive talked to CJM, they said that RFS and rails wouldnt fix any problems.

So problem is the tune. Everyone is telling me Haltech would fix it, including Dynosty and National Speed.

Think this is just another hit and a miss?
Stop thinking

Buy the new haltech, or the old one.

Go to a good haltech tuner (Hal@dynosty would be #1, but there are plenty of others out there)

No more problems.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:57 PM
Eno

Well- if you're closer to guys who know how to tune Haltech then it's definitely worthwhile... my only caution is that you not just drop $2-2500 to not only possibly retain the same problem but invite more.

It's a different story if the boys who know (like those mentioned) are saying they know what the problem is and that they KNOW Haltech would fix it. But from everything I've seen here- nobody knows what's up yet. As I've been reading up on the Osiris / Cipher tables I'm seeing a lot of opportunities for oversight and correction. Inconsistent voltages with inaccurate latencies and poorly adjusted AFR targets and pulsewidths... Sure- it's the tune... Probably not the software.

Have you engaged the services of Uprev on this matter? Do you have any feedback from them?

Don't get me wrong- Haltech has been pushed on me since I started my journey and I'm REALLY tempted to move that route as well... but... one step at a time.

There are ALSO a lot of other safety benefits to the Haltech... Fair enough.

Anyway- I've been in your position before too... with problems that time or money can fix and feeling like one is in ready supply while the other is not... I'm also not 100% sure what you've had going on in the background-

Just some thoughts- I'd just like to see you get back on the road... If getting into Haltech is what you know is going to solve the problem- I'm just looking forward to seeing you get through it!

Were you running PMAS? I'm not sure what voltage you'd be at- but at 2500k maybe you'd be ~2v?

** PMAS tuning tips: The PMAS sensors are VERY inconsistent from one sensor to the next, especially in the low voltage areas (below ~2V). To start, you will need to load the PMAS pre tuned curve with the utility named “Select MAF Type” found under the fuel section of the ROM tree. This curve will get it into the ballpark, but it will still need a lot of work, especially in the low voltage areas (idle, cranking). You MUST dial the K value in under some load so that the MAF is running over 2V. Once you have the K value set for load so that the ECU is hitting the targets that you’re telling it to hit, you will have to make adjustments to the MAF curve so that the car will idle correctly. After that you will still have to make adjustments to the rest of the MAF curve to get your AFRs perfect.

But yes- in re-reading over the whole thread... it DOES look like this is an MAF issue that may be eliminated if a MAP system was used instead (judging by what people are saying who should know).

Sorry- I'm tucked into this Osiris software now... trying to learn it so finally some of what djamps is saying makes more sense.

Last edited by Eno; 06-25-2012 at 12:28 AM.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:30 AM
thatv35guy

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

I’m running a ProEFI 48 computer and I’ve also had hesitation around 2500 RPM, I’m running a MAP sensor too, stock rails, no RFS either… IDK if a Haltech would really fix the issue anymore than a proper retune on the UpRev software, from what I’ve seen the hesitation could really happen with any EMS.

Quick Reply: Momentum single turbo Problem's