Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

deatschwerks 600cc too much?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 02:31 AM
evilscorp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default deatschwerks 600cc too much?

Just starting to gather bits for my Vortech V3 build.
I have ordered deatschwerks 600cc injectors as I've seen many of you guys running them with similar set ups to what I will have;
(bits I've ordered already)
walbro 255 fuel pump
aam basic fuel return system
deatschwerks 600cc injectors
(soon to be ordered)
Vortech V3
A/F and boost gauges
oil cooler
(on the car)
motordyne plenum spacer
AMS lightweight pulleys
De-cats
dual exhaust with x-pipe (needs replaced as it is leaking/too low)
denso iridium spark plugs
Uprev

My question (finally!) are the injectors overkill for my 400whp aim?
The car only makes 283hp and 285torque at the fly at the moment and will be tuned using Uprev do I have a hope in hell of reaching 400whp?

Also is it really necessary to have a sump spacer/larger sump installed if I have an oil cooler (surly the oil cooler will hold more oil anyway and keep the engine running cool)?
Thanks
Old 06-07-2012, 03:24 AM
ConradoR

Looking at your list, you need 1 step colder plugs and to put your stock pulleys back on. 600CC DW's are fine, they are rated differently than most other plugs (check the basic injector information stickied if you want to learn more).

The oil cooler, depending on where you installed it, has increased your oil amount almost a full quart, which is typically what a spacer adds.

Good luck with build.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:31 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Not overkill.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:38 AM
Frosty87

If you plan to modify further you won't need injectors because u have room to grow ... You could run 2000cc without issue if tuned properly
Old 06-07-2012, 03:41 AM
350zion
Professional

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good
Old 06-07-2012, 03:48 AM
evilscorp

Originally Posted by ConradoR
Looking at your list, you need 1 step colder plugs and to put your stock pulleys back on. 600CC DW's are fine, they are rated differently than most other plugs (check the basic injector information stickied if you want to learn more).

The oil cooler, depending on where you installed it, has increased your oil amount almost a full quart, which is typically what a spacer adds.

Good luck with build.
The pulleys are not under-driven(aka standard size) so why would they not work? they are balanced but just a bit lighter, surely it would help reduce the parasitic drag on the engine? (dont quote me as im new to this)

Thats good to hear the injectors are ok had heard rumours that bigger injectors give you a lumpy idle but they were using different methods to map the car(I think), I know uprev is pritty good for smooth power delivery.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:51 AM
evilscorp

Forgot to say thanks for the advice on the plugs nearly forgot them and as for the oil I think I will save me some cash and go for just a cooler as a spacer may hit my zspeed undertray
Old 06-07-2012, 06:01 AM
ibelonginprison

Only issue you may have is hot starts with the uprev. :/

mine HAAAAAAAATES to crank right back up after driving for an hour. Like... legitimate, Bloods and Cryps kind of f*cking hate.

other than that, you should easily be able to get 400whp with the right tuner.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:06 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ibelonginprison

mine HAAAAAAAATES to crank right back up after driving for an hour. Like... legitimate, Bloods and Cryps kind of f*cking hate.

This is a tune issue. Cut all 5 prime pulse cranking tables in half and it should start fine.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:31 AM
graffkid732

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ibelonginprison

I never had an issue with hot or cold starts. Was on an Uprev tune and DW 600cc injectors.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:06 AM
ConradoR

^ Very true. My setup originally had issues with cold start, then I got it retuned by a more seasoned tuner and the cold start problems went away.
Some tuners will state that you will have troubles with starting if you go higher than 440CCs. That's bs.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:46 AM
evilscorp

There are only 3tuners in the uk that use uprev and positive the one I go to has tuned a few vortech cars, so hopefully no problems there. also the weather over here isnt as hot as you lucky gits get! so shouldnt have a problem with overheating, however i have seen some people buy mishimoto thermostats recently, is this only needed for track cars? my ING's+1 bumper has a large mouth so the rad and intercooler should have plenty cold air.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:04 AM
ConradoR

Most ppl think that the low temp tstats are unecessary, as they just open at a lower temperature, in a range that won't help you much. The reg. tstat will do just fine, as long as it's not old enough that will get stuck closed. So if you have lots of miles it would be a good idea to spend the extra $40 on a new one.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:26 AM
Chris@DW

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The size smaller than 600cc is the 440cc and they would be to close to maxed at 400hp.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:09 PM
evilscorp

Originally Posted by Chris@DW
The size smaller than 600cc is the 440cc and they would be to close to maxed at 400hp.
Thanks, I'am sure I will be happy with my new purchase then
Old 06-08-2012, 07:03 AM
ibelonginprison

Originally Posted by djamps
This is a tune issue. Cut all 5 prime pulse cranking tables in half and it should start fine.
I'm assuming they tried that. They've tuned I'm not sure HOW many cars with 600+ cc injectors. Most with no issues. For some reason, mine is a *****.

#1. Cold start, perfect.
#2. "hot" start, where it's been sitting for 30 minutes or so, fine. Rough, but fine.

#3. True hot start, like where I've been driving for an hour and pull in to get gas, then try to start it again? Yeah... it'll take literally 30+ seconds of constant cranking to get it to fire.

#3. above didn't start until after several weeks of driving. Now? I don't turn my car off if I'm planning to get back in it within 15 minutes. :/

I have other friends tuned by the same tuner with zero issues on 600's, but I've read one or two threads that people can't get it tuned out.

Maybe I'll call over again and just make sure that they tried what you suggested. But I would be shocked if it was something that simple that they didn't try.

Sorry, didn't mean to get that far off topic.

Last edited by ibelonginprison; 06-08-2012 at 07:05 AM.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:21 AM
ConradoR

Might be worth it to chech the gap spacing of the sparkplugs maybe?? I dunno
Old 06-08-2012, 10:05 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

it injecting too much fuel when its hot. its a simple tuning issue. you dont need much fuel at all for hot starts.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:38 PM
Eno

I don't know Guys. Admittedly I'm running slightly larger injectors and I've had An uprev pro tuner spend extra time polishing my tune trying to get rid of my hot start issues as well as another tuner who has a fantastic reputation in my area play the usual suspects routine and I still have to feather the throttle to get it to start. Both were left scratching their head over it.

And no disrespect to the guys saying its "just a tune issue"- but hot start issues with anything 600cc and larger- particularly dw injectors have this problem a lot- compared to the few who say they have no issue.

Anyway I'm sure the jury is still out on it- but hot and even warm starts have always been an issue for me and none of the common fixes offered as solutions has helped.

Last edited by Eno; 06-08-2012 at 08:40 PM.
Old 06-09-2012, 04:59 AM
ibelonginprison

Originally Posted by ITNKICN
I don't know Guys. Admittedly I'm running slightly larger injectors and I've had An uprev pro tuner spend extra time polishing my tune trying to get rid of my hot start issues as well as another tuner who has a fantastic reputation in my area play the usual suspects routine and I still have to feather the throttle to get it to start. Both were left scratching their head over it.

And no disrespect to the guys saying its "just a tune issue"- but hot start issues with anything 600cc and larger- particularly dw injectors have this problem a lot- compared to the few who say they have no issue.

Anyway I'm sure the jury is still out on it- but hot and even warm starts have always been an issue for me and none of the common fixes offered as solutions has helped.
Glad it's not just me losing my mind. LOL

Quick Reply: deatschwerks 600cc too much?