Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Come on guys..

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 10:56 AM
yeaitsbrandon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pyshin
Wait, you mean because I don't have my Z in my "Garage" on this forum that means that I don't own one?

You just blew my mind good sir.
Im saying if you're so high and mighty above others shouldn't you have some kind of amazing z displayed on your profile?
Old 09-04-2013, 11:06 AM
pyshin

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by yeaitsbrandon
Im saying if you're so high and mighty above others shouldn't you have some kind of amazing z displayed on your profile?
You mean this?

Old 09-04-2013, 12:08 PM
OldManZ350

Received 230 Likes on 170 Posts

I Designed The B&M Maga Blower and Intake manifold, back in the late 80's. It is a "Roots-Type Blower, but hardly a show piece. Although it was not a Full Race blower, it was used on many drag cars and street cars through out the years. It made 30+ PSI and good HP. It also Won "Best Engineered Product of the Year" @ SEMA in 1990. I Also Built the BBC Motor with the Maga Blower for the Cover of Hot Rod. (upper right) Motor was Engine Dynoed @ Dick Landy's Shop, he was a well known drag racer from back in the day.

Also, you can put any Type of Supercharger or power added you want on a "Z"

Just for informational purposes that the only kind of superchargers you can get for the z are either centrifugal or twin screw. Also that "roots-style" superchargers are completely different. Used on carbureted engines as more of a show piece.
Attached Thumbnails Come on guys..-ma_rx90wxbnbxbkcrbuu2gw.jpg   Come on guys..-screen-shot-2013-09-04-at-4.08.46-pm.png   Come on guys..-hrdp_1988_06_z-hot_rod_cover.jpg  

Last edited by OldManZ350; 09-04-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:21 PM
yeaitsbrandon

Originally Posted by OldManZ350
I Designed The B&M Maga Blower and Intake manifold, back in the late 80's. It is a "Roots-Type Blower, but hardly a show piece. Although it was not a Full Race blower, it was used on many drag cars and street cars through out the years. It made 30+ PSI and good HP. It also Won "Best Engineered Product of the Year" @ SEMA in 1990.
Thats awesome! Glad to know theres some smart people on here.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:24 PM
pyshin

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts

I Designed The B&M Maga Blower and Intake manifold, back in the late 80's. It is a "Roots-Type Blower, but hardly a show piece. Although it was not a Full Race blower, it was used on many drag cars and street cars through out the years. It made 30+ PSI and good HP. It also Won "Best Engineered Product of the Year" @ SEMA in 1990.
Wow that's amazing man! My neighbor had a Mega Blower on the bbc of his '73 Camaro... I owned a '74 Nova at the time and was always jealous of his gorgeous blower (as wrong as that sounds lol).

Thats awesome! Glad to know theres some smart people on here.
You realize that he just completely discredited the entire point of your thread, right OP?

Just for informational purposes that the only kind of superchargers you can get for the z are either centrifugal or twin screw. Also that "roots-style" superchargers are completely different. Used on carbureted engines as more of a show piece.
I Designed The B&M Maga Blower and Intake manifold, back in the late 80's. It is a "Roots-Type Blower, but hardly a show piece...
No you cannot buy any type of roots style blower for the z
Also, you can put any Type of Supercharger or power added you want on a "Z"
You're still the best OP.

Last edited by pyshin; 09-04-2013 at 12:33 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:32 PM
yeaitsbrandon

Originally Posted by pyshin
Wow that's amazing man! My neighbor had a Mega Blower on the bbc of his '73 Camaro... I owned a '74 Nova at the time and was always jealous of his gorgeous blower (as wrong as that sounds lol).

You realize that he just completely discredited the entire point of your thread, right OP?
No he didn't? You go look for a carburetor setup on a z or a roots style blower and you will have discredited what I said.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:04 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad to know theres lots of people on this forum that think they are hot ****...
No. I'm the only hot $h!t here. Everyone else is merely lukewarm $h!t.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:06 PM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
No. I'm the only hot $h!t here. Everyone else is merely lukewarm $h!t.
I'm actually more of a just right, cozy room temperature...
Old 09-04-2013, 01:15 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Syner
I'm actually more of a just right, cozy room temperature...
You're in Alberta... more like a poo-cicle
Old 09-04-2013, 01:57 PM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
You're in Alberta... more like a poo-cicle
Old 09-04-2013, 04:08 PM
jerryd87

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

went ahead and bolded the important word that your completely ignoring "air compressor" a roots style blower does not compress air the intake is what is technically compressing the air no compression is happening in the blower hence why that style is referred to as a "blower" it would be no different from using a leaf blower to fill a sealed bag its not compressing its moving. the roots blower in absolutely no way supplys pressure it supplys VOLUME. a whipple charger COMPRESSES air between the screws as it moves through the super charger and when the air is delivered to the engine it is already pressurized, a centrifugal supercharger throws high speed air off the compressor wheel through the diffuser which changes it from high speed low pressure air to low speed high pressure air.

seems to me you dont understand basic physics or fluidynamics.
A supercharger is an air compressor used for increasing the pressure, temperature, and density of air supplied to an internal combustion engine.

Lord help me explain this better. Ok here we go if you see the above section of the definition it states that its an "air compressor used for increasing the pressure, temperature, and density of air supplied to an internal combustion engine" This states that it is supplying "air pressure" to the engine. Which is exactly what a roots-style supercharger does. If it did not supply air pressure to the engine it would be useless and just a big shiny toy.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:10 PM
jerryd87

very wrong as well roots style are available on fuel injected engines, a perfect example is the stillen super charger for the Z, which is a eaton m62 roots blower and technically not a super charger but a air mover
Old 09-04-2013, 04:15 PM
jerryd87

and for bonus points directly from eaton link here http://www.eaton.com/Eaton/ProductsS.../FAQ/index.htm

Q: What’s a Twin-Screw supercharger and how is it different from an Eaton roots type supercharger?
A: All Eaton superchargers use the roots type supercharging principle. The roots supercharger is a positive displacement pump that moves air in pockets from the inlet to the outlet of the supercharger with no internal compression. The supercharger creates “boost” by moving more air into the intake manifold than the engine is utilizing, thus creating higher than atmospheric pressures in the intake manifold. When boost is not desired on an Eaton roots supercharger, the bypass valve allows the supercharger to spin with negligible parasitic loss as there is no internal compression. The Eaton roots supercharger uses 3 lobe (“M”) or 4 lobe (“TVS-R”) meshing rotors that are similar (but reversed) in geometry. The rotors operate at a 1:1 speed ratio.
The Twin-Screw type supercharger is also a positive displacement pump in that it moves a fixed amount of air per revolution. The Twin-Screw uses 2 non-similar screw type rotors that mesh together to compress and move the air pocket axially along the rotors. This internal compression ratio will lead to greater parasitic losses when boost is not required as you cannot turn this compression “off” by simply using a bypass valve. These rotors will have different rates of rotation due to their non-similar geometry and lobe quantity. The rotors of a Twin-Screw will commonly operate at 3:5 and 4:6 speed ratios. This means as the drive rotor spins at 15,000 rpm, the driven rotor will rotate at 25,000 rpm with a ratio of 3:5. This limits the Twin-Screw to lower rpm limits than the roots due to bearing life concerns.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:39 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 09-04-2013, 05:00 PM
Triji

Ya'll are just haterz...

Old 09-04-2013, 05:39 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

If I were a mod, I'd ban you. JS.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:48 PM
David_2613

Brandon... I actually just learned a ton of new stuff by reading this thread. It's a shame that you started the entire thread in that tone. Instead of sounding intelligent, you came across like a 10 year old.

Take a timeout, try again.

Last edited by David_2613; 09-04-2013 at 05:50 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:04 PM
WTFMike

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Triji
Ya'll are just haterz...

Hey, how did you get a picture of my engine bay?

Last edited by WTFMike; 09-04-2013 at 07:06 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:44 PM
Triji

It workz I tell you IT WORKZ!!

And your car ROXXORS!! That thing hauls booty and that sound, ohhhh that sound!! Brzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Originally Posted by WTFMike
Hey, how did you get a picture of my engine bay?
Old 09-04-2013, 11:37 PM
yeaitsbrandon

Originally Posted by jerryd87
very wrong as well roots style are available on fuel injected engines, a perfect example is the stillen super charger for the Z, which is a eaton m62 roots blower and technically not a super charger but a air mover
The Stillen Supercharger for the Z is a twin-screw. This is my final post on this thread. Ive got better things to do.

Quick Reply: Come on guys..