Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Fast Intentions Twin Turbo kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 06:39 AM
graffkid732

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Cux350z
8-9k is out of the realm for 350z. Most of the new guys here are buying their Z's for that much. They would rather plasti dip, throw some varstoens on, slam on cheap coilovers and a busted knock off exhaust.

The days of $$ and the 350z are long gone and only a few of us are still modding appropriately.

looks like a nice kit. I like the manifolds having a vband.
Unfortunately, you are correct on this.

Originally Posted by str8dum1
Its way high becuase in order to justify a 8700$ turbo kit, you ALOT more money in add in additional parts. Noone would put that expensive of a kit on a non-built motor.

built motor, big fuel system, drivetrain, advanced ECU, etc

If you arent building out a 800+whp car, you can get a 5000$ Boosted Performance single turbo kit, install in a couple hours and be done with it.

The headers are really nice, just like the GTRs, but the GTR owners have deep pockets and a platform that is built around boost from the factory.

Not tryin to **** in your cereal, but until you finish a big build with a 9000$ turbo kit as a starting point, you dont really understand the final cost.
Bingo. Everyone forgets the other parts to make this all work together and make a $10,000 turbo kit be worth the $10k.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:13 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cux is on point with his comments. The high end FI market for the 350Z and G35 died down drastically once the owner demographic transitioned to younger guys (usually with limited budgets) buying these cars used. The demographic with deeper pockets already have full FI builds completed with other kits (therefore they don't need this kit) or moved on to the 370Z/G37 or other platforms.

It's an awesome looking kit. The quality and design seems top notch. The manifolds are especially nice. It's just too little too late for the VQ35 market IMO. I don't think there will be enough market demand for a kit at that price point to justify production. I think there is a better chance in finding enough guys who are interested in buying just the manifolds though.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 03-07-2014 at 05:15 PM.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:03 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

^I agree with everyone on the cost point. 10k on a 30k or 40k car is understandable but when the base of a build is the same cost as the price of the car then it's a hard sell. Especially if they are staying stock block (400hp). There are plenty of reliable kits or even s/c kits half that money or less that will max out a stock block.

That being said those manifolds are awesome. In all honesty if they made manifolds like that which are a direct replacement for Greddy kits they would have TONS of business. Those cast manifolds are weak and crack. One of the guys over here in indy had a cracked manifold and greddy doesn't sell manifold replacements so he parted his car out and went with a GTR. So replacements and upgrades on a greddy kit would help a lot of people out.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:25 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 956 Likes on 721 Posts

Yeah make the manifolds with a greddy 3 bolt flange and youll be in business.

I bet half the broken manifolds are passenger side and caused by the turbo/Manifold hitting the frame/firewall.
Old 03-16-2014, 03:45 PM
MDK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm serious about the manifolds. I have a GTM kit and I love it, but id switch to vband in a second if it meant I never had to deal with ******** turbo bolts again.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:45 AM
Rick*K

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I visited Tony at his shop when they first started installing these systems on customer cars and asked if they would make a kit for the Z33. He stated that if enough parts were compatible that they might. Later when he realized just how many changes it would take he said they would not. Now that I see someone has supposedly done it I am considering doing a swap from my DE to an HR to make it possible.
Old 11-01-2019, 03:42 AM
Z33KLF

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cux350z
8-9k is out of the realm for 350z. Most of the new guys here are buying their z's for that much. They would rather plasti dip, throw some varstoens on, slam on cheap coilovers and a busted knock off exhaust.

The days of $$ and the 350z are long gone and only a few of us are still modding appropriately.

Looks like a nice kit. I like the manifolds having a vband.
agree!!!