Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

450 rwhp Greddy TT

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 07:55 AM
BLOBYU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by chaparro78
I went to Jotech today to check out the package that was put on t32gzz's Z. Man i was thouroughly impressed. Thats is an awsome car and one of the fastest Z's in the country according to Jotech. The only thing that got me was the price. $14K. I was like WOAH. 14 thousand is a lot. And that was after we went from a $1,500 dollar clutch to a $500 dollar one. I got them to match the price of the kit to that of the price on the internet which also saved a couple hundred dollars. The install price was what i expected, around $1000. What got expensive was all those little things you forget to think about.
They don't use the E-manage piggy back. They use their own fuel system. That alone runs about $2000 with parts and install. The your gages (3) at $250 a piece. Turbo timers, wide band tuning, the technosquare reflash. You guys get my point. A lot of people are seeing the $6500 price tag of the kit and are not considerring the extras to incorporate with the kit.

t32gzz, you have an great car. They were telling me to go there when u are there so i can experience it for myself. I am scared to do so because then I know I will dive in for it. I still plan on putting the kit in my car but I will have to wait for the summer. I estimated around $10K initially, so I was off by $4K. I will have to save alittle more. Here is the price quote.
HOLY S..... you spent $14K on a turbo kit and install???? -> wow. Will it pass smog? What's their warranty like??? Greddy has been around for a while - So, it's probably for the engine and everything. Gotta Know!
Old 02-06-2004, 08:15 AM
Hey Ya

All I was doing was showing people that there is more than just buing the kit and thinking that is it. There is a lot more involved.
I agree that there is much more involved, but I think posting that estimate has the opposite effect as you might see from some of the recent posts.

BTW - Tim, your car has seriously cut down on my productivity at the office today. I have to mention it to everyone I see. I think I need a framed picture of it on my desk.
Old 02-06-2004, 08:38 AM
12SecZ

$600 for the TS flash? That exactly does that do?
Saves your engine in some cases can you stop hating on TS for just a day it gets old several here like it and it works and is proven on SEVERAL different setups, SEVERAL.

You and your "stock" car hating on TS is just getting old, can't you ever just compliment someone rather than question them?

Honestly this is really getting old (the hating on people's setups by non FI owners.)
Old 02-06-2004, 09:01 AM
1G'

I must have this setup!!! i'll start with the turbo kit and work up from there
Old 02-06-2004, 09:10 AM
mickey

Originally posted by 12SecZ
Saves your engine in some cases can you stop hating on TS for just a day it gets old several here like it and it works and is proven on SEVERAL different setups, SEVERAL.

You and your "stock" car hating on TS is just getting old, can't you ever just compliment someone rather than question them?

Honestly this is really getting old (the hating on people's setups by non FI owners.)
etx will have the TT installed, I wouldn't consider him NA. His proposed question is good for people that has the same thoughts, this brings up discussions, which helps me in learning more about it.

We can compliment someone on their TS ECU and still ask questions right?

Mickey
Old 02-06-2004, 10:01 AM
12SecZ

Sure,

But asking what it does after all these months of it being proven in dozens of threads is a silly question don't you think?

Sorry just get tired of the product getting questioned.
Old 02-06-2004, 10:04 AM
12SecZ

I wouldn't consider him NA
Well what is he then right now? It says stock in his sig.

The TS ECU retards your timing, adjusts your A/F based on your mods and also controls larger injectors.

It does what others have 4 products installed on their car do.

Is that a more acceptable answer?

Peas!
Old 02-07-2004, 01:31 PM
t32gzz

Chaparro78 - I have seen people getting flamed on this forum for making honest mistakes. With that being said... I am not going to flame you. I just think that if you were interested in the set up I have, then you could gather all the info from my post or Jotech and get an estimate for yourself.
It appears that is what you did, and I am cool with that, but I have not posted prices for my own reasons. Now there is a similar invoice to mine in the post I started. Note, I had an exhaust and clutch on there as you mentioned, not in your estimate. So it is similar and not the same.
No hard feelings, but I agree with Hey Ya, in that it would have been nice if you asked first. If you want a ride, just let me know. The money is a small price to pay when you get your car back and it has more rwhp than most exotics!

Hey Ya- Thanks for the post! That is a great description of how the car feels. That is what I felt like the first time I rode in Skidazzle's car. I especially like the fake BOV sounds. I still make them every time I hear it! Sorry about the work, but I will get you a pic for your desk!

350now, sith and phunk - Initially there were problems at idle, and the car would even die sometimes. The Tial BOV is not adjustable, and leaks air. The major issue was after boosting, and then going into neutral at a light. The Greddy BOV is adjustable and when we tightened it, it removed the idle problem. Hopefully this will benefit another TT member.

Ravaz - fuel control via DFMU, SAFC II and additional fuel pump.

Blowbyu- no, will not pass smog with a BOV vented to atmosphere, of course the downpipes would be a separate issue. In another post, the cats in a TT setup are worth 37hp. Warranty? Not on the engine, but I haven't even checked on the rest of the set up.... good question!!

A final comment... Timing control is a MUST for a TT setup. The only choices that are really good are a TS reflash or a J&S. You then have to decide between a piggyback and an ecu. I am still toying with the idea of using both. The TS also, removes speed limiter, raises rev limiter, opens TB 100% at WOT, and pretty much whatever else you need.
Old 02-07-2004, 04:06 PM
350zer

I was wondering how you are making that much hp with such little boost? There was a ausi Z the guy had went though the motor and had TT on it. It only made 520 hp on engine dyno running 15 lbs of boost.
Old 02-07-2004, 04:26 PM
ravaz

Originally posted by t32gzz
Ravaz - fuel control via DFMU, SAFC II and additional fuel pump.
But how are you controlling the 440cc injectors? You guys using the SAFC II to control them? Even at idle? I'm just wondering.

Thanks.
Old 02-07-2004, 04:27 PM
ravaz

Originally posted by 350zer
I was wondering how you are making that much hp with such little boost? There was a ausi Z the guy had went though the motor and had TT on it. It only made 520 hp on engine dyno running 15 lbs of boost.
The guy from Australia also had lower compression pistons, what did he say, 8.5:1? Something like that. Your going to lose some HP when going lower compression, I don't know how much.
Old 02-07-2004, 10:04 PM
350zTuning

So do you guys running these types of setups take out house loans on these turbo's or just have no limit on your visa platinum diamond card...Or maybe your heavy players and you paid in cash...Whatever it is you did I commend you...This setup seems unbelievable...And as you stated im sure its worth every penny once you see the look on the faces of exotic car owners ..Congrats and keep us posted on everything..And post a VIDEO whenever possible PLEASE..My computer is soaked in drool, damn I wish I had some extra cash...Goodluck
Old 02-08-2004, 08:30 AM
t32gzz

350zer - The high hp and low boost combo is a combination of tuning and fuel system. From 5.6 psi to 8psi, I gained 100 hp, but who knows what I would be at with 15 psi. My guess is rebuilding my motor. I will do this in time anyway, but will wait to see what the drivetrain can handle first.

ravaz- The injectors are controlled by the SAFC and ecu at idle. We had to add a little fuel at idle to keep it idling well.

35ztuning- I may post a vid later, but still working on the little bugs of the car right now...i.e. windshielp wiper fluid sensor, and small things like that.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:09 PM
tony1

350zer - The high hp and low boost combo is a combination of tuning and fuel system. From 5.6 psi to 8psi, I gained 100 hp, but who knows what I would be at with 15 psi. My guess is rebuilding my motor. I will do this in time anyway, but will wait to see what the drivetrain can handle first.

ravaz- The injectors are controlled by the SAFC and ecu at idle. We had to add a little fuel at idle to keep it idling well.

35ztuning- I may post a vid later, but still working on the little bugs of the car right now...i.e. windshielp wiper fluid sensor, and small things like that.
Tim, first off, congrats on the numbers. A couple things i was wondering. I find it VERY odd that it gained 100hp from 2.4lbs of boost! You sure the boost numbers were right? Also, roughly, what are the settings on the afc? Is it leaned out pretty far?
Old 02-08-2004, 08:14 PM
chaparro78

t32gzz - let me appologize if i did something to displease you in any way. That was never my intention. Again, your car is amazing. I can only wish mine will live up to the expectations you had with yours some day. I know i hit a reality check when the final cost came down to it. I am still getting a forced induction system, wheter it be the greddy or maybe the new stage 3 stillen coming out soon. Either way i want it to be by someone known and reliable. If you want to give me a ride, my b-day is tomorow, no joke. I know driving my car will feel like being in a shopping cart afterwords though. Once again let me give you mad props on your car and i hope it continues to meet your expectations because it has raised the level of expectation for all of us here.
Old 02-09-2004, 10:41 AM
t32gzz

Originally posted by tony1
Tim, first off, congrats on the numbers. A couple things i was wondering. I find it VERY odd that it gained 100hp from 2.4lbs of boost! You sure the boost numbers were right? Also, roughly, what are the settings on the afc? Is it leaned out pretty far?
Tony, I talked to Michael about the SAFC and the 30 on the graph. We hooked it up to his laptop to check timing and did a couple of runs. The timing turned out to be right where it should be, but after what you had told him, it made alot of sense, so I thought we should check. I thought the powe increase at high boost was alot as well, but the fuel was much leaner on the 8.5psi run. It was close to 12.2 or so, while the 5psi run was in the low 11's. I am sure this played a large part in the hp gain.
Old 02-09-2004, 10:44 AM
tony1

Tony, I talked to Michael about the SAFC and the 30 on the graph. We hooked it up to his laptop to check timing and did a couple of runs. The timing turned out to be right where it should be, but after what you had told him, it made alot of sense, so I thought we should check. I thought the powe increase at high boost was alot as well, but the fuel was much leaner on the 8.5psi run. It was close to 12.2 or so, while the 5psi run was in the low 11's. I am sure this played a large part in the hp gain.
One point on the a/f won't make that much difference. I think the boost was higher than 8.5 on the 450 run. I'd really like to see the car back on the dyno, somewhere else, and see what it makes....
Old 02-09-2004, 10:44 AM
t32gzz

t32gzz - let me appologize if i did something to displease you in any way. That was never my intention. Again, your car is amazing. I can only wish mine will live up to the expectations you had with yours some day. I know i hit a reality check when the final cost came down to it. I am still getting a forced induction system, wheter it be the greddy or maybe the new stage 3 stillen coming out soon. Either way i want it to be by someone known and reliable. If you want to give me a ride, my b-day is tomorow, no joke. I know driving my car will feel like being in a shopping cart afterwords though. Once again let me give you mad props on your car and i hope it continues to meet your expectations because it has raised the level of expectation for all of us here.
It's cool man. I know it was an honest mistake, and I appreciate the props. I am tied up today and most of the rest of this week, but if you want to make a trip to Lewisville one evening this week, then i am sure I can arrange a ride. I am out of town on Wed and Thurs, but here all other nights. PM me if interested.
Old 02-11-2004, 11:37 AM
t32gzz

Originally posted by tony1
One point on the a/f won't make that much difference. I think the boost was higher than 8.5 on the 450 run. I'd really like to see the car back on the dyno, somewhere else, and see what it makes....
Tony,
Are you offering a free dyno? I am definitely interested, but I don't want you to stop with what it puts down. You will need to offer some advice too. I will PM you.
Old 02-14-2004, 12:23 AM
jran76

Congrats on the setup. If you take me for a ride I will make the trip to Lewisville, I am not far away in Plano.... I got a chance the see Michael's setup and would like to check yours out sometime.

I will PM you when I return from Germany next week (Feb. 20th), if that is cool.

Also, if anyone in DFW is interested there is a group called Dallas Nissan Enthusiast (DNE= some maxima's, 240's, sentra's, and a few Z's, but there are about 100 members) that is making a trip to Enis on the 20th, it is $15 to race, they are also having a dyno day on the 21st, it is $45 for 3 pulls at Lonestar performance. I doubt I will make the races, I am not a big drag racer, and it is at night, which means my body will think it is 4 in the morning (may not be a good idea to race?), anyway here is a link....
http://www.nissanforums.com/showthread.php?t=46044

Quick Reply: 450 rwhp Greddy TT