Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

overboost?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 12:27 AM
OneBoostinZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default overboost?

hey guys ive been having an over-boost issue for a while now... i have since stopped driving the car as hard.. which is ruining my fun with it. anyways when i go full throttle or even half and build boost it goes up to 10/14 psi instead of the normal 7. as so when i go full throttle and it over boosts takes a few seconds for my engine to bug out or go into limp mode and will not rev over 2.5k rpms.. i have checked my sensors and i have 2 which are p1273 and 1281 if i recall correctly.. i will be doing some testing on my lines to see if i have a leak somewhere and i just replaced my gasket to my wastegate placement. i am fairly new to all this stuff so any help is appreciated to help me learn thanks. if yall need to know any small details lmk also
Old 08-19-2016, 06:23 AM
iideadeyeii

Received 441 Likes on 357 Posts

Check the line going to the wastegate for damage/leaks. Also where does that line connect to
Old 08-19-2016, 08:16 AM
OneBoostinZ

Originally Posted by iideadeyeii
Check the line going to the wastegate for damage/leaks. Also where does that line connect to
The connection from the waste gate is from the turbo itself im sure. I did notice that on the wastegate I have... turbonetics evolution.. has two nipples and only one of them is hooked up. I've tried to look up if both or just a specific one is supposed to be connected
Old 08-20-2016, 06:36 AM
Boingo

Go to the article below to learn how a wastegate works. It is designed to limit the maximum boost. There is vacuum (pressure in this case) line from turbo compressor outlet to the wastegate actuator. As the boost increases and the pressure exceeds the spring preset, the wastegate opens. A boost controller is a way to alter the pressure sent to the actuator. You connect the compressor housing to a control solenoid and the control solenoid to the wastegate actuator. By altering the pressure to the wastegate actuator, you can effectively leave the wastegate shut longer increasing boost. I think you may have a bad spring in the wastegate actuator if you do not have a Boost Controller. Or, if you have a Boost Controller, you are having solenoid / control issues. If you had a stock turbo engine (i.e. Z32TT), there is a solenoid system installed. You bypass it with new Boost Controller to increase boost.

http://www.turbosmartusa.com/technic...astegate-work/

Good luck.

Also, google some pictures to see.
Old 08-20-2016, 06:56 AM
Boingo

I forgot to comment on the Turbonetics Evo wastegate regarding line connection. The bottom fitting is for the compressor (pressure), the top is to be open or tie in to the air intake before turbo. There are some dual port actuator boost controllers that use the top port.
Old 08-20-2016, 06:50 PM
OneBoostinZ

Great info! Will definitely use it in the future! Ended up being a very big hole on my vacuum hose from turbo to wastegate. Greatly appreciate all the help though
Old 08-22-2016, 07:40 AM
iideadeyeii

Received 441 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by OneBoostinZ
Great info! Will definitely use it in the future! Ended up being a very big hole on my vacuum hose from turbo to wastegate. Greatly appreciate all the help though
Damn I'm good