Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Engine Smoking...

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 07:28 PM
RaalZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Engine Smoking...

My engine is smoking. The smoke is a little cloudy and I occasionally see it when idling but I don't smell anything sweet and I've got a strong sense of smell. The coolant level is also normal. I've got about 94k miles and I think a rebuild might do the trick. I've had a leak down test done and results were normal for an engine with my mileage on it. Any advice to otherwise rebuilding my engine as a solution, would be greatly appreciated. Until then I'm curious about what kit "you" would suggest? I'll likely do a Vortech SC in 6 to 8 months and know low compression pistons with new rings would be the way to go but my SC plan could change as well so I'd rather get the most out of the engine until then. Think 8k RPM capable and bullet-proof when doing so. I only know of doing a high duration cam/spring swap as a method of taking me there but I could use some short-winded advice on anyone with positive experience going the high output N/A route. I've read much about Sasha Anis and the engine he built that Mike Gardner now drives but I'm additionally curious about anyone who may have done this successfully that is state side of the border. Hopefully, I get some hits.

Last edited by RaalZ; 05-22-2017 at 07:38 PM.
Old 05-23-2017, 05:13 AM
eZg

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts

There is a separate section about NA builds. Prolly get more responses there.

I understand you will be going FI in the future........Lots of info on here about supercharger builds. Def get the L19 headstuds. and the best head gasket you can find. Skimp elsewhere if you have to but not on those two items.