Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

GTM twin turbo replacements

Old 09-10-2018, 08:11 AM
imkindafkedup

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GTM twin turbo replacements

Hey all. I'm going to be replacing my turbos on my HR build that has a GTM twin kit. I'm leaning towards the GTX3076R, Gen II. Anyone running these or have other suggestions? Also, do the GTM kits usually come with a T3? Haven't dealt with them since having the car at GTM almost 10 years ago.

Last edited by imkindafkedup; 09-10-2018 at 11:24 AM.
Old 09-14-2018, 09:41 PM
Juztin

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

I upgraded my GTM kit to those same turbo's, the GTM kit I had was a Stage 2 with T25's so I opted to totally dump the GTM manifolds and instead went with CJM VQ Turbo manifolds and then ran those turbo's. I think there was only like 1 housing that had a T25 piece for a GTX3076RG2 but it was I think an external waste gate only setup if I recall correctly which I had upgraded actuators on my GTM TT kit only (I do have a EXT WG conversion kit for GTM TT kit if your interested with 3" downpipes) but it looked sketchy as hell as to use T25's with those newer turbo's as they are somewhat big *** turbo's and with going to the CJM kit; it's all v-band now so I don't worry about any bottlenecks there.

I'd suggest consider going that route, the CJM TT manifold kit was bolt-on for my HR without any big modifications other than re-running some coolant lines, we also just had to do some slight finessing to get the intake/charge piping connected with the existing GTM stuff. The GTM Intercooler still seems solid for tons of power.

I think most of the GTM kits were T25 based, but I'm not exactly sure anymore on the stage 3-4 kits from back in the day which had like GT3076's and what not; but my little GT2860RS kit was only T25 based and the stage 1 was definitely T25 only.

FWIW they are laggy, I'm high comp E-85 and these suckers spool full around 4850/5000 I'd guess, but the power is like a metric ton to offset for sure to really care. Granted I don't do anything fancy like anti-lag or NOS, just mash the gas and let hell loose.

Last edited by Juztin; 09-14-2018 at 10:00 PM.
The following users liked this post:
imkindafkedup (09-21-2018)

Search this Thread