Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Dream Workes Unveils New Advanced Supercharger System

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 05:01 AM
TXREFI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I clicked on the link and only see Sirus Radio write up about Sprong Break party. Where is the article on the SC?
Old 02-26-2004, 08:53 AM
fluidz

Well this kit will be released within 30-60 days according to Alpine, confirmed this morning. S.A Alpine Developments, Inc is a HUGE company that has been building F/I units for 25 years and did confirm partnership with Dreamworkes Racing in New York on this endevor. Alpine did mention the delay was due to the stock hood limitation and after a 5-7 month delay it fits perfect now.

Expect release around April-May

SA Alpine Developments Inc 7581 Acacia Avenue
Garden Grove CA 92841 tel: 714 379 8066
www.alpine-developments.us

-Kevin
Old 02-26-2004, 08:56 AM
G3po

Default availability

FluidZ, did they specify the first kit to be released is 350Z specific or will they simultaneously release kits for the G35 as well?
Old 02-26-2004, 10:10 AM
ricochet

Default Re: availability

With regards to the length of time an F/I kit is advertised to the time they are actually released I seem to recall seeing ads for the GReddy and PE kits months to almost a year before they were ready to deliver. But in both cases they had REAL pictures and REAL cars with REAL kits installed either in a test or show Z.

Where are the REAL pics or REAL kits in REAL cars at w.r.t. Dreamworkes? Either this is "vaporware" or one highly guarded secret.

Also, if this is being released in 60-90 days, where are the pre-orders? I seem to recall PE was taking preorders for their kit for around $8k.

If this is for real, that would be great. That would mean more choices for us wanting to go F/I.
Old 02-26-2004, 11:27 AM
fluidz

Default Re: Re: availability

Originally posted by ricochet
With regards to the length of time an F/I kit is advertised to the time they are actually released I seem to recall seeing ads for the GReddy and PE kits months to almost a year before they were ready to deliver. But in both cases they had REAL pictures and REAL cars with REAL kits installed either in a test or show Z.

Where are the REAL pics or REAL kits in REAL cars at w.r.t. Dreamworkes? Either this is "vaporware" or one highly guarded secret.

Also, if this is being released in 60-90 days, where are the pre-orders? I seem to recall PE was taking preorders for their kit for around $8k.

If this is for real, that would be great. That would mean more choices for us wanting to go F/I.
All I can say is this is for real and they are and have been taking pre-orders....and yes it is highly guared from other competators....I bet in a few years you will see this unit or one very similiar on production 350Z's. Nissan, Alpine and Dreamworkes are all involved in this supercharger. Dreamworkes has over 30 pre-orders to date if im not mistaken. I will be told on March 8th when my Stage II kit is being shipped to me!!!!! I was informed yesterday I was one of the few to be issued a Stage II kit under partial sponsorship.........WHO HOO!!!!!!......Now answer this.......if this is a scam, why would Dreamworkes and Alpine issue a huge Sponsorship to me (35%+) of a Stage II kit and ask for no money untill it is ready to ship???? I'm on board babe and this is the one!

Last edited by fluidz; 02-26-2004 at 11:32 AM.
Old 02-26-2004, 06:05 PM
Guru

I'm very VERY skeptical on this kit. I also don't see it doing anything that the ATI kit doesn't already offer and of course you have the superior TT kits available currently which can provide as much power as your motor can handle.
Old 02-26-2004, 06:17 PM
D_Nyholm

well, in regards to not being any different than the ATI or vortech kit, IT WILL BE A DIFFERENT MONSTER. Roots type blowers have instant TORQUE!! Kind of like a turbocharger. YOu may not make the same peak hp as those cars (AIT + Vortech,), but if you are close, the WIDE powerband will more than make up for the loss of peak power. When you motor away from a stoplight or a staging tree and they wait for their boost to build, you will be way ahead and they will be playing catchup. Now, if the HP is where they say it will be, this thing will be a 1/4 mile killer!
Old 02-26-2004, 07:56 PM
fluidz

Stage II will be Damn near 400RWHP
Old 02-26-2004, 08:48 PM
spazpilot

I am not to concern about this because I already have a setup on the car but be very careful about a company that still has shown no pics of this sc on a car. I would definitly not put a down payment on it till i saw real proof. If it is for real I bet it will be a very clean istall which is what I like. Good luck to anyone buying this kit. I hope it pans out for you
Old 02-26-2004, 09:55 PM
coronasnolime

dream works supercharger is just a dream ,a blurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. i myself like the stillen set up on my 350 z
Old 02-27-2004, 06:35 AM
JeffR116

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by fluidz
Stage II will be Damn near 400RWHP
Sounds awesome to me.

Now let's see some real world pics of the product, or pics of it installed on a VQ.
Old 02-27-2004, 09:01 AM
G3po

Default comparo

Anyone making overly general comparisons between a roots vs. centrifigal vs. a TT setups needs to read Corkey Bell's books on SCs and Turbos. As D_Nyholm stated they are totally different beasts, each with pros and cons. Many people get stuck on peak HP numbers. The shape of the TQ curve is equally, if not more, important for daily use. The main aspect of this DW setup that all should pay hard attention to is reliability and durablity. With any new setup , this will take time to accumulate data. Dyno sheets are quick to accumulate , reliablity/durablity data will require time and experience and/or extreme simulation and modelling. THe latter reuires resources that DW doesn't have. Even auto giants still spend many hours on test tracks, not only in simulation.
Since this design appears to be a "mechanically challenging" , reliablity/durablity are my primary concerns. The M90 itself is proven to be rock solid; however the DW chassis is all new and tightly coupled to the rotor mechanism. The TQ and HP gains for a Roots setup are well documented and deterministic., So that is the least of my concerns.

IMO
Old 02-27-2004, 06:44 PM
RIVET

Default Re: comparo

Originally posted by G3po
Anyone making overly general comparisons between a roots vs. centrifigal vs. a TT setups needs to read Corkey Bell's books on SCs and Turbos. As D_Nyholm stated they are totally different beasts, each with pros and cons. Many people get stuck on peak HP numbers. The shape of the TQ curve is equally, if not more, important for daily use. The main aspect of this DW setup that all should pay hard attention to is reliability and durablity. With any new setup , this will take time to accumulate data. Dyno sheets are quick to accumulate , reliablity/durablity data will require time and experience and/or extreme simulation and modelling. THe latter reuires resources that DW doesn't have. Even auto giants still spend many hours on test tracks, not only in simulation.
Since this design appears to be a "mechanically challenging" , reliablity/durablity are my primary concerns. The M90 itself is proven to be rock solid; however the DW chassis is all new and tightly coupled to the rotor mechanism. The TQ and HP gains for a Roots setup are well documented and deterministic., So that is the least of my concerns.

IMO

Well said. I'd like to add that the dreamworkes system uses a fairly circuitous intake with two 90° turns and flowing through the intercoolers. Without some serious flow bench time and a good flow modeling software this may be a sticking point with this design because it uses add-on injectors before the supercharger and getting the fuel to all the intake ports evenly could prove to be very challenging. By now most of us know how much the VQ dislikes a lean condition, without proper fuel distribution at high RPM's things could become interesting. We'll have to wait and see.
Old 02-29-2004, 08:10 PM
Drag Limited

I still wont buy parts from a company who cant spell infiniti
Old 03-01-2004, 01:46 PM
fluidz

Old 03-01-2004, 02:21 PM
ColecatZ

I can read your sig FluidZ, but do ya have any pics?

I hope that is the purpose behind the bouncy smilie.
Old 07-26-2004, 02:54 PM
axxizzer

notice that they offer brake kits and cold air intakes??

has anyone bought those?
Old 07-26-2004, 03:42 PM
myz8a4re

fluidz, whats the latest word? i see several months have passed since you or nayone posted hear. im curious to hear anyhting about the DW supercharger!
thanx,
-justin
Old 07-27-2004, 09:17 AM
narkotic

Well, fluidz sold his Z for a big bad turbo diesel superduty WITH PROPANE INJECTION AND STRAIGHT PIPES BLAH BLAH, and well... the dreamworkes was merely... a dream...

Originally posted by myz8a4re
fluidz, whats the latest word? i see several months have passed since you or nayone posted hear. im curious to hear anyhting about the DW supercharger!
thanx,
-justin
Old 07-27-2004, 10:38 AM
bwzabodyn

f@#$ing ****-tease!!!

Dreamworkes you suck!

Quick Reply: Dream Workes Unveils New Advanced Supercharger System