Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

AutoMeter A-Pillar Guage Pod--Pics and Review

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 02:59 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AutoMeter A-Pillar Guage Pod--Pics and Review

OK, I've been running the Autometer A-Pillar guage pod 52mm for about two weeks now, so I thought I would post some pics and a review.

First, this pod pillar doesn't replace the stock A-Pillar...instead...it completedly covers it! Except for a small 2 inch portion towards the bottom of the stock a-pillar, the new guage pod covers the entire factory part. The finish and color matches perfectly with the stock Nissan interior. The fit and finish is abosolutely top notch, and I am overall very impressed. It attaches with very small and discrete plastic screws that are not visbile at all. They are tucked in to covers, and at angles that are not visible when driving. Cost of the two guage is about $55 and the three guage is about $65.

Also, when sitting in the car, the angle of the guages is absolutely perfect....they aren't tilting up and away from the driver as some of the other pods do. They set nicely and flush with your eye-sight.

Special thanks to Matt at AutoMeter for sending one of the first production pillars. It was well worth the wait!

Oh sorry folks, ignore the "dummy" guage in the top pod. I didnt get a chance to move the AEM wideband to the upper pod, becuase I have to trace the wire all the way back to the fricken O2 sensor...what a pain!

http://www.savepic.com/is.php?i=6461&img=IMG_2130.jpg
Old 04-27-2004, 03:22 PM
IceY2K1Max

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice...like the AEM wideband.

Why can't you just put the AEM in the bottom hole and move the others up?
Old 04-27-2004, 04:00 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

I cant move the AEM at all for right now. See, the AEM folks made my life difficult by not including a wuick disconnect at the base of the guage, or even a few feet down the line. If they did, I could simply unhook from under the dash, install the guage, and then reroute the wire.

But since the connector is all the way next to the O2 bung, I need to jack up the car, crawl underneath, and totally reroute the wire. That is too much of PITA for me. I'll have it done in a couple of weeks.
Old 04-27-2004, 07:10 PM
bigern1970

Default Re: AutoMeter A-Pillar Guage Pod--Pics and Review

Originally posted by gq_model_626
OK, I've been running the Autometer A-Pillar guage pod 52mm for about two weeks now, so I thought I would post some pics and a review.

First, this pod pillar doesn't replace the stock A-Pillar...instead...it completedly covers it! Except for a small 2 inch portion towards the bottom of the stock a-pillar, the new guage pod covers the entire factory part. The finish and color matches perfectly with the stock Nissan interior. The fit and finish is abosolutely top notch, and I am overall very impressed. It attaches with very small and discrete plastic screws that are not visbile at all. They are tucked in to covers, and at angles that are not visible when driving. Cost of the two guage is about $55 and the three guage is about $65.

Also, when sitting in the car, the angle of the guages is absolutely perfect....they aren't tilting up and away from the driver as some of the other pods do. They set nicely and flush with your eye-sight.

Special thanks to Matt at AutoMeter for sending one of the first production pillars. It was well worth the wait!

Oh sorry folks, ignore the "dummy" guage in the top pod. I didnt get a chance to move the AEM wideband to the upper pod, becuase I have to trace the wire all the way back to the fricken O2 sensor...what a pain!

http://www.savepic.com/is.php?i=6461&img=IMG_2130.jpg
Yo model ........I know gas is expensive out here in CA, Im gonna send you a few bucks for some 91 fill it up man..lol looks nice.........thanks
Old 04-28-2004, 12:34 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Default Re: Re: AutoMeter A-Pillar Guage Pod--Pics and Review

Originally posted by bigern1970
Yo model ........I know gas is expensive out here in CA, Im gonna send you a few bucks for some 91 fill it up man..lol looks nice.........thanks

ROFL
I didn't even realize I was that low. I spent too much money modding my car, that I dont have any money for fuel at $2.40/gallon.
Old 04-28-2004, 01:28 PM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I didn't even install the push pins that Autometer sent with the pillar and it is staying in place perfectly. I love the fit, definitely a well made product. I got the 3 gauge pod and the top gauge is really right where you can see, almost "in your face".
Old 04-28-2004, 01:35 PM
mpowers

Just a question but why both bar and psi gauges?
Old 04-28-2004, 04:21 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally posted by mpowers
Just a question but why both bar and psi gauges?
i was waiting for someone to point that out. The top guage is actually just a dummy guage that is holding the place until I get time to move the AEM guage to the pod. With the AEM, the harness is all the way down by the cat, so I have to rewire the whole fricken thing becuase there is no quick disconnect up top.
Old 04-29-2004, 02:39 PM
jng1226

Suhweet. I have the factory Nav and was wanting to know other options for mounting. Thanks again for the valuable info and review. So what's next on the upgrade list?
Old 04-29-2004, 02:55 PM
G3po

Default A-pillar

For those who don't like to use the push pins that Autometer supplies, I have used a few blobs of "liquid nails" to hold the new platic top the factory a-pillar. Hence no visible holes. I've had two vehicles fo more than 5 years with never any issues. Other adhesives don't work as well as LN which does not get brittle and crack over temperature and vibration.
Old 04-29-2004, 03:35 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally posted by jng1226
Suhweet. I have the factory Nav and was wanting to know other options for mounting. Thanks again for the valuable info and review. So what's next on the upgrade list?

Well, I just installed Bride Ergo2 seats and TEin Flex Coil-overs.

The two next things are.......
ING body kit
Stop-Tech Big Breat Kit 14.1 front/rear

Then I will be done.....mostly....still might do a new clutch and flywheel combo soon.