Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Built motor costs

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 05:37 AM
kudos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys you won't have to wait too long, my car has been done for a while now (a little over a month) with built motor and my brother has been driving it daily but only at 7psi. It has been 3 days since he droped the car back at the shop for the injector install and the rest of the stuff. Ounce everything is installed Mark at SGP will do some tuning on the road then finally strap it on a dyno and do some final tuning wich will hopefully put an end to our doubts (happy end i hope).

So its only a matter of days fella's..... Lets keep our fingers crossed.
Old 05-08-2004, 12:09 PM
Enron Exec

Any idea when Mark will be doing the tuning? I would like to be there when the numbers are out.
Old 05-08-2004, 12:19 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by kudos
Guys you won't have to wait too long, my car has been done for a while now (a little over a month) with built motor and my brother has been driving it daily but only at 7psi. It has been 3 days since he droped the car back at the shop for the injector install and the rest of the stuff. Ounce everything is installed Mark at SGP will do some tuning on the road then finally strap it on a dyno and do some final tuning wich will hopefully put an end to our doubts (happy end i hope).

Ahlan wa sahlan!

Yes, the wait it killing us.
Old 05-08-2004, 12:40 PM
350Now

I might not have seen this somewhere. What are you using for engine management?
Old 05-08-2004, 12:48 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

I think they are still going to run the eManage. I was surprised at how powerful it can be. Mohd is running a 750whp Supra on stock internals with the eManage...boosting 30psi!!
Old 05-08-2004, 02:40 PM
kudos

Enron Exec, mark should be doing the tuning sometime this week but i'm not sure when, he has to put the parts on first.

gq-626, Ya marhaba wear did you learn your arabic?

350now, i'll be using the e-manage and yes gq-626 i read about Mohd supra a while ago and was very encouraged by it.

We're hoping it should work fine, the only thing i'm not sure about is how you can only change injector duty by 150% or something so i dont know if that'll be enough.

But i dont know guys, if it doesnt work out fine i'll go all out with something, i mean after all this effort i'm not going to settle for a reflash or whatever, we'll wait and see i guess.

I'll let you guys know as soon as i have any news, ciao.
Old 05-08-2004, 03:27 PM
SQUILL

Enron Exec, mark should be doing the tuning sometime this week but i'm not sure when, he has to put the parts on first.

350now, i'll be using the e-manage and yes gq-626 i read about Mohd supra a while ago and was very encouraged by it.

We're hoping it should work fine, the only thing i'm not sure about is how you can only change injector duty by 150% or something so i dont know if that'll be enough.

But i dont know guys, if it doesnt work out fine i'll go all out with something, i mean after all this effort i'm not going to settle for a reflash or whatever, we'll wait and see i guess.

I'll let you guys know as soon as i have any news, ciao.
The wait is worse than when i was a kid on christmas eve!!!!!!
Old 05-08-2004, 06:54 PM
kudos

Originally posted by SQUILL
The wait is worse than when i was a kid on christmas eve!!!!!!
Man how do you think i feel. My car is a '03 model i bought it back in March '03, it has about 6000 miles on the odo and only 1500 were by me and i loved every mile of it. So i'm still in the stage where you guys were when you first bought your Z's (you know, the stage when you can't wait till you get up the next morning just to drive again).

So yes i'm suffering.
Old 05-08-2004, 07:08 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

I am originally from Egypt...so I speak quite a bit of Arabic, and can understand everything.

the "150%" you are refering is the maximize size injectors you can use. With the eManage you can use injectors that a 150% larger thatstock. Stock is about 280cc, which means you can run at least 600cc injectors with nor problems. The eManage can actually scale for even larger injectors, but you may run into idling and driveablity issues, becuase those bigger injectors squirt too much fuel, even at the minimum pulse width.

Do you know what size injectors you plan on running? The greddy kit comes with 440cc injectors, and should be enough for over 500whp as long as you have an upgraded fuel system, and slightly higher fuel pressure.
Old 05-08-2004, 07:35 PM
kudos

Originally posted by gq_626
Do you know what size injectors you plan on running? The greddy kit comes with 440cc injectors, and should be enough for over 500whp as long as you have an upgraded fuel system, and slightly higher fuel pressure.
They are 750cc we special ordered them from RC i'm not even sure if they sell them yet.

Here are some pics of the car:http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=4286931643
Old 05-08-2004, 09:14 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

I have seen the eManage control 700cc plus injectors on other cars. I bet you can make it work just fine.
Old 05-09-2004, 07:33 AM
350Now

keep us updated on your progress kudos. It'll be interesting to see if the e-manage can control the injectors. Can the e-manage keep the pulsewidth small enough at idle that it doesn't drown the car in fuel? Even better yet can the injectors have a small enough pulsewidth? Interesting to see if this work..
Old 05-09-2004, 02:05 PM
Rapheal

hi

iam new here i dont have a Z
really good info about the open deck blocks
you guys are really doing great

kudos iam intrested to know what RWHP ur car can make ( with your setup ) ?

and how much boost? you can push in your build engine

CHAW
Old 05-10-2004, 09:22 PM
SQUILL

They are 750cc we special ordered them from RC i'm not even sure if they sell them yet.

Here are some pics of the car:http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=4286931643
kUDOS WE MUST HAVE INFO!!!!!!!!1(lol)
Old 05-11-2004, 08:13 AM
kudos

kUDOS WE MUST HAVE INFO!!!!!!!!1(lol)
Patience my man, my brother just called the shop and they said that they were just waiting on test pipes wich are coming in tomorrow. The injectors are in the car and tomorrow the test pipes, fuel pump and oil cooler are to be installed. Tuning should start on friday, will keep you updated. JIC Y-Pipe will soon be installed as well.
Old 05-11-2004, 08:30 AM
SQUILL

Patience my man, my brother just called the shop and they said that they were just waiting on test pipes wich are coming in tomorrow. The injectors are in the car and tomorrow the test pipes, fuel pump and oil cooler are to be installed. Tuning should start on friday, will keep you updated. JIC Y-Pipe will soon be installed as well.
All good things to those who wait!
Old 05-11-2004, 08:58 AM
The Flash

I am in Houston too and would be interested to check it out on Friday if a Dyno is gonna happen!!

So keep us up on the timing
Old 05-14-2004, 08:42 AM
turbo-maxima

Yes, I am in Houston, I want to see dyno also!
Old 05-25-2004, 12:27 AM
SQUILL

BUMP!!!!!!!! KUDOS WHERE R U?????? Bump for more info and HP!!!!!
Old 05-25-2004, 03:52 AM
Rapheal

BUMP!!!!!!!! KUDOS WHERE R U?????? Bump for more info and HP!!!!!
YA MAN WHAT HE SAID !!!! AND CALL SGP !!!

WE NEED UP DATE !!! WE NEED UP DATE !!! WE NEED UP DATE !!!

PEACE

Quick Reply: Built motor costs