Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

NISMO internals vs. AEBS stroker kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 04:49 AM
bruschijr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GQ...

I remember what you were talking to me about...the rev capabilities.. But thats what I was told... Nothing included on the top. I dont know if its thier estimate... or if they really know... but thats what I was told..

I do like the ported idea... im going to look into that... but ill go one step at a time... thanks
Old 05-25-2004, 10:41 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by bruschijr
GQ...

I remember what you were talking to me about...the rev capabilities.. But thats what I was told... Nothing included on the top. I dont know if its thier estimate... or if they really know... but thats what I was told..

I do like the ported idea... im going to look into that... but ill go one step at a time... thanks
I completely agree with what Squill and Gq were saying about getting a custom compressor wheel set up done to your existing turbos but if you are dead set on new bigger turbos I'm like 99.9999999% sure AEBS can custom make you some manifolds while they have your block. I've talked to Ben many times and worked with him on their headers for the QR25 and have seen some of the work they have done on the QR25 turbo kit in person. Paulus the main tech there can do damn near anything. As for how high it will rev I'm sure they meant the block could handle 8k RPMs. To rev that high I'm sure you'd need AT LEAT the new JWT valve springs. Being as they are the official distributor of Tomei in the US I'm sure you could send them your motor and have them rework the head when they stroke the block and get you fully set. AEBS is pricey but they do some of the best work on this side of the pond. By having your whole motor they may be able to have Tadashi at Technosquare flash your ECU to get you almost all the way set for initial tuning. Than you would need to do a lot of actual tuning with the emanage. I still think if your going for that much power you may want to step up to standalone management. we've all seen the plethura of tuning functions on the emanage thanks in big part to GQ. But I wouldn't feel comfortable with a piggyback with a stroked motor and 20g turbos. If I had the kind of money you must have thats what i would do.
Old 05-25-2004, 11:16 AM
SQUILL

Originally posted by MIAPLAYA
I completely agree with what Squill and Gq were saying about getting a custom compressor wheel set up done to your existing turbos but if you are dead set on new bigger turbos I'm like 99.9999999% sure AEBS can custom make you some manifolds while they have your block. I've talked to Ben many times and worked with him on their headers for the QR25 and have seen some of the work they have done on the QR25 turbo kit in person. Paulus the main tech there can do damn near anything. As for how high it will rev I'm sure they meant the block could handle 8k RPMs. To rev that high I'm sure you'd need AT LEAT the new JWT valve springs. Being as they are the official distributor of Tomei in the US I'm sure you could send them your motor and have them rework the head when they stroke the block and get you fully set. AEBS is pricey but they do some of the best work on this side of the pond. By having your whole motor they may be able to have Tadashi at Technosquare flash your ECU to get you almost all the way set for initial tuning. Than you would need to do a lot of actual tuning with the emanage. I still think if your going for that much power you may want to step up to standalone management. we've all seen the plethura of tuning functions on the emanage thanks in big part to GQ. But I wouldn't feel comfortable with a piggyback with a stroked motor and 20g turbos. If I had the kind of money you must have thats what i would do.

I would guestimate 50k+ to go aebs stroke custom turbo kit stand alone ecu mgmnt custom fuel system tranny, drive shaft, maybe ford 9"rearend huge brake setup at least 335's in the rear , giant clutch, ect,ect

If i had the $$$$$ i would do it just to be first as the first one to do it gets all the glory!!!!!!!
Old 05-25-2004, 12:09 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by SQUILL
I would guestimate 50k+ to go aebs stroke custom turbo kit stand alone ecu mgmnt custom fuel system tranny, drive shaft, maybe ford 9"rearend huge brake setup at least 335's in the rear , giant clutch, ect,ect

If i had the $$$$$ i would do it just to be first as the first one to do it gets all the glory!!!!!!!
Well the stroker kit is going to be around 10~11 with frieght and install. Maybe another ~2 for some custom manifolds. Might as well put in some cams while you have it apart. My guess is with stroker, cams, reworked head to handle 8k rpms, custom turbo manifolds or hybrid snails, with labor and freight....~25-30. Then you'll need to find the strongest clutch and tranny on earth. (well not the strong but strong). Figure another 5k for this. YOu will soon have a beast my friend. As long as the check don't bounce.
Old 05-25-2004, 12:27 PM
bruschijr

Im sure this will be a long process... Im gonna go one step at a time, and do everything right and to leave myself with a somewhat reasonable safety margin.... Thinking about coating much of the parts I get with thermal protection and anti-friction... any idea how much that will cost... i called 2 places... and they told me depends on application... no ballpark.. any ideas on the price for coating all the moving parts in the stroker?

When the engine is put back in and I get some inital results... which is gonna probably take about 2 months from start to finish... I'd like to get something for my fuel system and clutch... probably work on a way to get about 12-15psi or so on the turbos... I'm sure that will take some time too!

From there I'd like to have turbos that can handle 1000hp or around 800-850 whp.. do you think it would be simpler to just bore out the compressor housing and put in a 20g wheel? 1000 is my magic # im not really trying to go further than that ( compared to getting larger turbos). I'd pretty much be done with everything i wanted for the engine then.

Im sure somewhere in that time I would rework the top end of the engine... from there... I'd definatley need help and suggestions on how to reach the # I want, you know other dirveline components I should get.... I just hope your all as helpful then as you are now.... the first steps to this will start in about a month... so bear with me... am interested in this as much as you probably all are... fortunatley im still young and have the patience and the ability... (pretty much no debts to pay)... Im hoping to have the engine done by the end of August... and all the tuning to get the 18g's to thier potential by the end of september... I think thats a realistic schedule give a month... but thats my plan, lets see how it goes..
Old 05-25-2004, 12:27 PM
bruschijr

sorry...double post

Last edited by bruschijr; 05-25-2004 at 12:35 PM.
Old 05-25-2004, 04:06 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by bruschijr
Im sure this will be a long process... Im gonna go one step at a time, and do everything right and to leave myself with a somewhat reasonable safety margin.... Thinking about coating much of the parts I get with thermal protection and anti-friction... any idea how much that will cost... i called 2 places... and they told me depends on application... no ballpark.. any ideas on the price for coating all the moving parts in the stroker?

When the engine is put back in and I get some inital results... which is gonna probably take about 2 months from start to finish... I'd like to get something for my fuel system and clutch... probably work on a way to get about 12-15psi or so on the turbos... I'm sure that will take some time too!

From there I'd like to have turbos that can handle 1000hp or around 800-850 whp.. do you think it would be simpler to just bore out the compressor housing and put in a 20g wheel? 1000 is my magic # im not really trying to go further than that ( compared to getting larger turbos). I'd pretty much be done with everything i wanted for the engine then.

Im sure somewhere in that time I would rework the top end of the engine... from there... I'd definatley need help and suggestions on how to reach the # I want, you know other dirveline components I should get.... I just hope your all as helpful then as you are now.... the first steps to this will start in about a month... so bear with me... am interested in this as much as you probably all are... fortunatley im still young and have the patience and the ability... (pretty much no debts to pay)... Im hoping to have the engine done by the end of August... and all the tuning to get the 18g's to thier potential by the end of september... I think thats a realistic schedule give a month... but thats my plan, lets see how it goes..
I see your point about one step at a time. What I was suggessting was that AEBS can do a lot of things you are looking to do while they have your block. I just think it would be cheaper (only slightly as any of these processes will cost buku bucks) and faster if you just had AEBS do some of the other work you want while they already have half your motor. Just a thought.
Old 05-26-2004, 05:21 AM
PoWeRtRiP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

by aug huh? projects like this take years to complete right. especially since you will be the first , be patient grasshopper and keep working lots of overtime. but i assure you will get your goal one day.
Old 05-26-2004, 06:00 AM
bruschijr

if you set your goals high....things get done .... i know for sure there will be bumps.... considering im walking into unexplored territory for both me and the engine.... but I at least like to make a timeline to have the engine put back in give a month or two.