Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

FASTEST 350z

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2004, 07:20 AM
phile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by tig488
ok, ok , its a z, **** people who gives a damn.
We all give a damn. Spreading disinformation is not cool. Why do you think it's acceptable? It's not cool that you could have half the people thinking they did a complete engine swap. These guys put alot of work into their Z. If you don't know what you're talking about, it's best you don't talk.

If you spent a couple months reworking your car, and you had a guy telling people all you added was a tornado fuel saver, I bet you'd be pretty angry Now don't get me wrong, I know you were not making claims that ridiculous, but I used that explanation to illustrate my point. If this post comes off as too harsh, I apologize. I'm just trying to get you to realize that the board is a better place when the facts are in order, and that it's not acceptable to say "aww who gives a ****".
Old 06-11-2004, 01:12 PM
mjedens

60 ft time & rpm's leaving the line???
Old 06-11-2004, 04:52 PM
tig488

phile....

first of all i wasnt understating his work and the effort that was put in the car, damn, if anything i was stating the obvious---that the car was a mechanical monster, and that i wouldnt consider it a 350 anymore, i dont know what id call it, more like a z-hybrid maybe. so i dont think there was any disinformation spreading.

and....when did i say a single word about an engine swap, nowhere.

therefore..when i say "ok, ok, its a z, **** people who gives a damn", that means that my original post was not put there to start some dumbass pointless trivial argument. thats why i didnt dispute any opinions.

so, again dont think that i was downplaying the effort that went into the car, i think its awesome, and id be proud to have it, congrats bluefish or whoever owns it, on an amazing machine,

but on a side note, if a z owner can sit in the car, and not recognize that its a z, is it still really a z?

Last edited by tig488; 06-11-2004 at 05:04 PM.
Old 06-11-2004, 05:04 PM
NY 350Z

ive seen that car in person...its sick.

in the backround thats dan (bluefish)

hes the man, i won my exhaust off of him, he makes a mean burger too
Old 06-11-2004, 05:16 PM
bluefish

Default burger

Originally posted by NY 350Z
ive seen that car in person...its sick.

in the backround thats dan (********)

hes the man, i won my exhaust off of him, he makes a mean burger too
come by and have a burger anytime...

i cooked for four days at Cordova for the team. God knows i Do NOT touch the CAR...

dang look how FAT i am in that pic.... time to get back on the tredmill

more photos on the way
PS We HAD video of the Run, but some **** head STOLE our Video Camera in the Pits... I hope they enjoy the tape.. some people have no shame... all of the D1GP day 3 was on the tape too...

If anyone sees this recent vidoe pop up on another website let me know... REWARD for the HEAD of a Video Camera Theif
Old 06-11-2004, 05:20 PM
bluefish

Default Bristol TN

Originally posted by mjedens
60 ft time & rpm's leaving the line???
Sorry but some things are left for you to figure out for your own Z.. each is different ...

we can not share all of Andrews secerts

Come and see the Z in person July 9th thru the 11th at the NOPI/NDRA Bristol TN event.
Old 06-11-2004, 07:09 PM
mjedens

IMO, 60 ft times are not secrets !!! I would like to think that Andrew would disagree with you but have it your way! Good luck in the future and hope the car runs well in Bristol!
Old 06-11-2004, 07:35 PM
phile

Originally posted by tig488
phile....

first of all i wasnt understating his work and the effort that was put in the car, damn, if anything i was stating the obvious---that the car was a mechanical monster, and that i wouldnt consider it a 350 anymore, i dont know what id call it, more like a z-hybrid maybe. so i dont think there was any disinformation spreading.

and....when did i say a single word about an engine swap, nowhere.

therefore..when i say "ok, ok, its a z, **** people who gives a damn", that means that my original post was not put there to start some dumbass pointless trivial argument. thats why i didnt dispute any opinions.

so, again dont think that i was downplaying the effort that went into the car, i think its awesome, and id be proud to have it, congrats bluefish or whoever owns it, on an amazing machine,

but on a side note, if a z owner can sit in the car, and not recognize that its a z, is it still really a z?
I know you never explicitly stated that you thought the engine was swapped, but since you said that you could barely consider it a Z, I assumed you thought it was an engine swwap. I wouldn't consider stronger internals as a barely recognizable Z. It's still got the VQ block as far as I know. So they are still kind of working with the overall VQ design. Since I don't know much about the car, i'm not going to make any more assumptions. However, I do see your point. Modifying an engine to that degree is moving the car into another category, or making it a totally different beast.
Old 06-12-2004, 10:17 AM
nrc motorsports

Originally posted by phile
I know you never explicitly stated that you thought the engine was swapped, but since you said that you could barely consider it a Z, I assumed you thought it was an engine swwap. I wouldn't consider stronger internals as a barely recognizable Z. It's still got the VQ block as far as I know. So they are still kind of working with the overall VQ design. Since I don't know much about the car, i'm not going to make any more assumptions. However, I do see your point. Modifying an engine to that degree is moving the car into another category, or making it a totally different beast.
i think his point was the car is not really a street car anymore, its stripped and i'm sure bluefish and them have weighed it(whats it weigh now dan?) and its got to be light compare to a stock full bodied, full interior, fully stock wired car.. which is understandible, its their drift car.. they built this car to drift it....

if thats where he was going with it when he said its not a z anymore, then i can understand and agree with that, but they built it to drift it so, it is what it is...

would'nt really put it in the same class as street car though when talking about 1/4 mile times since it is stripped and i'm sure lightened...

jay
jay
Old 06-12-2004, 11:18 AM
twenzel

Congrats on the car and time.

btw- that is one of the most non user-friendly websites I have ever come across.
Old 06-12-2004, 05:51 PM
phile

Originally posted by nrc motorsports
i think his point was the car is not really a street car anymore, its stripped and i'm sure bluefish and them have weighed it(whats it weigh now dan?) and its got to be light compare to a stock full bodied, full interior, fully stock wired car.. which is understandible, its their drift car.. they built this car to drift it....

if thats where he was going with it when he said its not a z anymore, then i can understand and agree with that, but they built it to drift it so, it is what it is...

would'nt really put it in the same class as street car though when talking about 1/4 mile times since it is stripped and i'm sure lightened...

jay
jay
If you'd read the whole post that you quoted me on, you would see that at the very end I talked about how I did see his point
Old 06-13-2004, 02:25 PM
nrc motorsports

Originally posted by phile
If you'd read the whole post that you quoted me on, you would see that at the very end I talked about how I did see his point
yes i did but you only spoke of the engine being modified, not the car as a whole i was just mentioning it and stating what the cars built for and that it is modded far beyond just the engine

if the car only had a built engine that was turboed then i would'nt understand his point, it would still very much so be a street car, just one with a modded engine... jay
Old 06-13-2004, 07:58 PM
phile

Originally posted by nrc motorsports
yes i did but you only spoke of the engine being modified, not the car as a whole i was just mentioning it and stating what the cars built for and that it is modded far beyond just the engine

if the car only had a built engine that was turboed then i would'nt understand his point, it would still very much so be a street car, just one with a modded engine... jay
good point. I didn't read his post that way because initially we were only speaking of the engine. Taking all things into consideration (what the both of you said), I can definitely understand why some would hardly consider it a Z.

I've been weird lately. I normally read posts very objectively, and yet lately I seem to have misinterpreted several posts. I hope i'm not getting dumber as I get older. :P
Old 06-13-2004, 08:51 PM
basam350z

shut up about it already

blufish, how did you guys do ths weekend?
Old 06-14-2004, 03:56 AM
bluefish

Default no racing

Originally posted by basam350z
shut up about it already

blufish, how did you guys do ths weekend?
No racing this weekend..

see Andrew and the team in Action June 26th n 27th at NDRA / NOPI event, Maple Grove.

We are entering the BF Goodrich Street Tire Class.

for all the racing info goto

http://www.NOPI.com

or htttp://www.TheExperience.com
Old 06-16-2004, 11:13 AM
Vette Eater

Default Re: Bristol TN

Originally posted by bluefish
Sorry but some things are left for you to figure out for your own Z.. each is different ...

we can not share all of Andrews secerts

Come and see the Z in person July 9th thru the 11th at the NOPI/NDRA Bristol TN event.
You have got to be kidding me...That is the GAYEST answer to a question anyone can give. He asked you a simple question that is not a secret. you want to come on here and brag about what is done to the car and what kind of pistons, rods, heads, etc. But when someone asks for your short time you wanna pop off like you got something down pat. I could understand if he was asking about what shocks, springs, yada, yada, yada...He just asked you for a time...Get off your high horse before you get knocked off.

Karma is a wonderful, thing and acting like an a$$ is BAD KARMA.

So once again, what was your short time
Old 06-16-2004, 11:53 AM
bluefish

r/t .532
60 foot time 1.551
330 4.634
1/8th 7.171
1000 9.361
1/4 mile 11.228
mph 120.57

your right, no secret

relax....
Old 06-16-2004, 12:52 PM
nrc motorsports

r/t .532
60 foot time 1.551
330 4.634
1/8th 7.171
1000 9.361
1/4 mile 11.228
mph 120.57

your right, no secret

relax....
what kind of mph is andrew gettin in the 1/8th? jay
Old 06-16-2004, 01:01 PM
Vette Eater

your right, no secret

relax....
Thank you...I retract my last rant I went on.
I appreciate the post.
Old 06-16-2004, 07:19 PM
basam350z

lool, you are unbelievable!

That's a heck of 60' time.

Quick Reply: FASTEST 350z