Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

APS High Volume Air Cooled Oil PAN

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 06:12 PM
APS
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default APS High Volume Air Cooled Oil PAN

Hey Guys thought you would be interested to know that APS will release a high volume air cooled oil pan to suit the 350 Z engine this september.

The APS oil pan is cast in aluminum and holds approx 1.25 quarts of additional engine oil over stock. This alone reduces oil temperature and helps to protect the Z engine. The APS oil pan has multiple air fins cast on the external surface of the oil pan to further assist oil cooling under extreme engine operating conditions.

Another benefit of the APS oil pan is that the additional baffles in the oil pan help to reduce oil surge under track/race conditions - this is when oil surge can occurr and cause severe engine damage though starvation of the engine of oil - which is the life blood of any high performance engine.

Just thought you guys would like to know that this APS product will be available this September and can be installed on normally aspirated, supercharged and turbocharged Z engines. The APS oil pan is delivered complete with provision for twin oil return lines for turbocharged applications and blank-off plates when normally aspirated. Will have nice pictures and detailed information on the APS web site in the very near future.

If you guys have any questions, feel welcome to ask away.

Peter

APS
Old 06-09-2004, 06:20 PM
turbo-maxima

Sweetness
Old 06-09-2004, 06:28 PM
exploder

you guys by far are going to have the nicest most complete kit on the market.
Old 06-09-2004, 08:35 PM
350Now

Great news more mods to buy Will this look like the PE Oil Pan?

PE Oil Pan
Attached Images  
Old 06-09-2004, 11:56 PM
APS
Banned

Originally posted by 350Now
Great news more mods to buy Will this look like the PE Oil Pan?

PE Oil Pan
The APS oil pan is larger and has additional fluid capacity, though you have the right general idea as to the look and quality of the APS high volume air cooled oil pan (though the external shape of the APS oil pan is also somewhat different to the PE oil pan) though the PE product does look to be high quality

As a matter of interest do you believe there is much customer demand for a high quality air cooled high volume oil pan?

Peter

APS
Old 06-10-2004, 12:19 AM
aalzuhair

very nice. can't wait to see it
Old 06-10-2004, 02:57 AM
apsilon

Is it going to be standard in the turbo kit like the PE one in theirs?

Any chance you could post a list of everything you have on the drawing board? You seem to be announcing new products every few days.
Old 06-10-2004, 04:27 AM
Juztin

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Is this going to be included in the TT kit, or seperate?
Old 06-10-2004, 04:32 AM
mchapman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe this was in the original specs of the turbo kit?

but it seems they are thinking about selling some of the parts from the kit as seperate items every few days.
Old 06-10-2004, 05:16 AM
APS
Banned

Originally posted by aalzuhair
very nice. can't wait to see it
Hey thanks for those kind words, we should have engineering drawings and pictures on the APS web site within the next few days. I am sure you will be very impressed when you see the finished machined casting, APS has spent a small fortune on the tooling to ensure the very best in design and performance of the high flow air cooled oil pan.

Peter

APS
Old 06-10-2004, 06:17 AM
350Now

Originally posted by APS
The APS oil pan is larger and has additional fluid capacity, though you have the right general idea as to the look and quality of the APS high volume air cooled oil pan (though the external shape of the APS oil pan is also somewhat different to the PE oil pan) though the PE product does look to be high quality

As a matter of interest do you believe there is much customer demand for a high quality air cooled high volume oil pan?

Peter

APS
Peter, in terms of demand for high quality air coold high volume oil pan there should be some demand with the F/I crowd. I know some are going with the JWT Oil Pan spacer to increase oil volume by 1 qt. However the air cooled fins will be better for anybody tracking their car.
Old 06-10-2004, 08:11 AM
photoz

Peter,

I've been reading all of your company's posts and can't wait to see when your products come out... seems like you guys have a top-notch outfit down under, almost makes me want to get a Sube for a second daily driver!

You keep mentioning September for all these products... is this some magical month for you guys? I certainly hope you can make this deadline... you're gonna upset alot of Z owners if you guys can't.

Kudos to you for excellent product presentation before launch. When I'm ready to go F/I, I'll be looking at your system first.
Old 06-10-2004, 03:00 PM
APS
Banned

Originally posted by Juztin
Is this going to be included in the TT kit, or seperate?
Yeah the APS air cooled high volume oil pan will be a stock item in the APS TT system, and we have decided to sell the oil pan also as a stand alone product in the US, as there has been much interest from Z owners and performance shops

I don't have a MSRP for the oil pan as yet though it will be priced very competitively against other high quality products.

Should be more info and pics on the APS web site over the next week or so.

Peter

APS
Old 06-10-2004, 03:16 PM
APS
Banned

Originally posted by apsilon
Is it going to be standard in the turbo kit like the PE one in theirs?

Any chance you could post a list of everything you have on the drawing board? You seem to be announcing new products every few days.
OOOPPS, My apologies I missed your post. The APS high volume air cooled oil pan will be standard in the APS TT system, (it's reqiured for the turbos oil return drain) and also to help reduce oil temperature under extreme conditions.

The APS high volume air cooled oil pan will also be available as a stand alone product for those Z owners who need additional oil capacity and oil cooling on N/A and supercharged Z engines.

There are many more exciting new products for the 350Z to be released by APS, one new product that I can mention now is the APS High volume plenum (top half of the intake manifold) this part I am sure will impress many Z owners, more about this in the near future.

Peter

APS
Old 06-10-2004, 03:38 PM
Tweety-nator

Originally posted by APS

There are many more exciting new products for the 350Z to be released by APS, one new product that I can mention now is the APS High volume plenum (top half of the intake manifold) this part I am sure will impress many Z owners, more about this in the near future.

Peter

APS

Cool!

I was considering either the Crawford or Kinetix Plenum, but I guess I will hold off until I see your design.

Seems like a lot of 350Z stuff coming our way. Keep up the good work!
Old 06-10-2004, 11:06 PM
ss350

keep up the good work...........And start selling your products already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-10-2004, 11:08 PM
APS
Banned

Hey guys there are some new images and product information of the APS air cooled high volume oil pan to suit the 350Z engine on the APS web site @ www.************************. If you have any questions pertaining to this product let me know and I will do my best to post the info for you.

Peter

APS
Old 06-12-2004, 08:36 AM
APS
Banned

Originally posted by exploder
you guys by far are going to have the nicest most complete kit on the market.

Hey thanks for those words of support, we have planned the APS TT system very carefully and completed many hours of road,
track, and dynamometer testing to ensure we have achieved the very best result possible from current technology.

It's a really a tough though rewarding challenge for APS engineers to design and produce the ultimate production TT system for the Z car and to keep it affordable for the average Z car owner.

I am confident that APS has acheived a stunning result with the TT system, hopefully you guys will feel the same as myself after you view the high quality of the APS TT system and experience the awesome performance.

The APS air cooled high volume cast alloy oil pan is a very expensive component to tool and produce, though the ultimate method to provide oil return provision for the turbos and supply additional oil capacity and oil cooling.

Peter

APS
Old 06-13-2004, 05:09 AM
APS
Banned

Originally posted by 350Now
Peter, in terms of demand for high quality air coold high volume oil pan there should be some demand with the F/I crowd. I know some are going with the JWT Oil Pan spacer to increase oil volume by 1 qt. However the air cooled fins will be better for anybody tracking their car.
Mate that's good to hear that there should be reasonable demand from Z owners for this APS air cooled high volume oil pan.

I agree this part will definitely help engine reliability and keep oil temperature down for track cars and I hope to get this part out to the market at a very AFFORDABLE price.

The APS air cooled high volume oil pan will be ideal for N/A,supercharged, and turbocharged 350Z car applications.

By the way are there any other similar high volume air cooled oil pan products in the US market currently,and at what MSRP.

Peter

APS
Old 06-13-2004, 07:14 AM
Eagle1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by APS
Mate that's good to hear that there should be reasonable demand from Z owners for this APS air cooled high volume oil pan.

I agree this part will definitely help engine reliability and keep oil temperature down for track cars and I hope to get this part out to the market at a very AFFORDABLE price.

The APS air cooled high volume oil pan will be ideal for N/A,supercharged, and turbocharged 350Z car applications.

By the way are there any other similar high volume air cooled oil pan products in the US market currently,and at what MSRP.

Peter

APS
Peter:
There are a couple of offerings out there, and they retail for the part at around $550-575. By contrast you can get the JWT spacer for about $100 plus it will cost about $70 to install.
Immediately one can see the conundrum for getting the additional oil capacity cooling feature, versus the benefits of a finned case and additional baffles. If you are running NA or supercharger, then it may be problematic as to whether it is cost effective to step up to the full oil pan replacement. If you are running turbo, it is perhaps much more supportable. I am definitely agonizing this moment over which way to go.
Thanks for your team's good work and products.

Quick Reply: APS High Volume Air Cooled Oil PAN