Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Single Turbo 350Z

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 08:35 AM
ColecatZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting, I was hoping for a single turbo back in the day but the attempts kept failing.

If price, performance, and reliability pan out.....I think you'll have a winner on your hands.

Definatly keeping my eye on your kit.......Thanks for posting.
Old 07-24-2004, 09:18 AM
DBZ33

Originally posted by g35twinturbo
why are u going to get rid of your vortech? there are some people on this board that i dont understand. I am not poor by an means but how can u guys dump 10s of thousands into your engine. I have herd a few people saying they wish there engine would blow up, so they can rebuild it? wow. I personaly think a vortech system tunned to about 430 rwhp is all i need. I mean i dont think the engine could handle more then that reliable for every day driving.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Vortech. It has great power but when I build my motor this winter I want to run higher boost and the single turbo is just what I was looking for. Also the single turbo should be less expansive than the Twin turbo kits I was thinking about. If I was not going to build the motor I would never get rid of my Vortech. Get the Vortech you will love it.
Old 07-24-2004, 11:27 AM
BlackTuner

Turbonetics,

If possible, can we see pics of your setup? Also since you are running a single turbo setup what rpm are you seeing full boost? In what gear was this data takin? Since you say you used a dynapack dyno what was your TCF number? Did you dyno the Car in 5th Gear? What afr were you tuning for?

Sorry to ask all these in depth question but it would really help me and others picking a choice of what turbo setup we want to use on my our vehicles.

Thanks,
BT
Old 07-24-2004, 12:29 PM
johanna1

I don't see why it wouldn't work for 5AT Z's, I had a turbo kit from greddy and put it on my auto civic and it worked fine. Is there something different about the 5AT Z's that I don't know about. I know the tranny probably won't hold as much hp stock, but the kit stock out of the box should be all right. Maybe some extra tuning too since the shifting is different.
Old 07-24-2004, 04:02 PM
JimRHIT

well, you guys have my attention ....

My timeframe for boost is looking like the first of the year ... do you think you will be to market by then?

How far are you guys away from San Diego .... I may be interested in stopping in and taking a peek at the setup and the shop as well.

Please post pics when availible as well.

Thanks,
Jim
Old 07-24-2004, 04:57 PM
MR RIZK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Turbonetics
Mr Rizk,
The only fitment we have done has been on the US spec car.
Will a JDM test fittment be in the pipeline even though it has only been tested on US spec
Old 07-24-2004, 05:40 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man....this must have been the best kept secret....
Old 07-24-2004, 07:47 PM
UsafaRice

Default Re: Single Turbo 350Z

Stay tuned...

Turbonetics, Inc.
One, are the pipes from each manifold the same length to the turbo?

Two, does this kit replace the y-pipe completely/ how many cats does it replace it with?

Three, pictures!
Old 07-24-2004, 10:05 PM
myfiddy

so, are there plans of making this kit street legal? When is the release date? Please be honest, I'm about to buy the HKS kit.
Old 07-25-2004, 12:24 AM
SQUILL

more info NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-25-2004, 04:32 AM
HarvesterUT
Premier Member

can anyone explain how a single turbo is different from a twin? what are the benefits to having a single in terms of price/power and reliability compared to a TT setup?

tia
Old 07-25-2004, 06:59 AM
Gary Evans

The main reasons for using two smaller units is that they will generally spool faster and can be located closer to the exhaust valves which retains more exhaust gas heat and minimizes expansion before the turbine. It will be interesting to see how a single unit with larger header volume compares to the twin set up's in mid-range power. Dyno chart comparision will tell the story.
Old 07-25-2004, 07:17 AM
JimRHIT

yes, more info please
Old 07-25-2004, 01:18 PM
UsafaRice

Originally posted by HarvesterUT
can anyone explain how a single turbo is different from a twin? what are the benefits to having a single in terms of price/power and reliability compared to a TT setup?

tia
I don't mean to be a jackass or anything by this, but we have had this discussion many times before here. I would suggest using the search function. It could net you a lot of information from the past conversations.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:10 AM
Turbonetics

Originally posted by JimRHIT
well, you guys have my attention ....

My timeframe for boost is looking like the first of the year ... do you think you will be to market by then?

How far are you guys away from San Diego .... I may be interested in stopping in and taking a peek at the setup and the shop as well.

Please post pics when availible as well.

Thanks,
Jim
Jim,
Yes we should it to market before the first of the year, in fact we are shotting for SEMA on November. We will have pic posted shortly.

We are about 2 1/2 hours from San diego and your more than welcome to stop by, please call and make arrangments ahead of time.

Thanks for your interest

Last edited by Turbonetics; 07-26-2004 at 06:13 AM.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:18 AM
MIAPLAYA

I would LOVE to stop by and see it. My wife is from Simi Valley so I'll drop her off at the fams house and go check it out. You guys open saturdays? PS: I would LOVE to see some pics and prices..
Old 07-26-2004, 06:21 AM
Turbonetics

Originally posted by myfiddy
so, are there plans of making this kit street legal? When is the release date? Please be honest, I'm about to buy the HKS kit.
Yes...but probably not until next year sometime. the relase date we are targeting is to match SEMA dates at the start of November.

I was not aware that HKS was making a kit for this application...but I am sure if they are it also is a very nice piece.

So far the only system i have seen have been the Greddy and Power Enterprices and both system appear to very good. we simply chose a different path.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:27 AM
MIAPLAYA

Yes...but probably not until next year sometime. the relase date we are targeting is to match SEMA dates at the start of November.

I was not aware that HKS was making a kit for this application...but I am sure if they are it also is a very nice piece.

So far the only system i have seen have been the Greddy and Power Enterprices and both system appear to very good. we simply chose a different path.
The HKS kit is actually a Rotorex centrifig. Supercharger kit not turbo.. However...it is a VERY nice piece. Theres pics on here somewhere.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:35 AM
Turbonetics

Originally posted by MIAPLAYA
The HKS kit is actually a Rotorex centrifig. Supercharger kit not turbo.. However...it is a VERY nice piece. Theres pics on here somewhere.
Ah.. yes..I have seen the rotrex unit and was also aware HKS has been testing these units in Japan I just was not aware that they had come to market with anything yet.

The design looks pretty interesting and I am sure HKS will do a great job in making it work.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:37 AM
MIAPLAYA

Ah.. yes..I have seen the rotrex unit and was also aware HKS has been testing these units in Japan I just was not aware that they had come to market with anything yet.

The design looks pretty interesting and I am sure HKS will do a great job in making it work.
Actually some vendors are now recieving them from HKS....I'm sure you guys can pull some of that market.....A LOT of people here would love to see a single turbo setup on the Z. So any pics...?

Quick Reply: Single Turbo 350Z