Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Single Turbo 350Z

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 06:52 AM
PoWeRtRiP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is this going to be priced comparable to the sc units (5-6k range msrp)
Old 07-26-2004, 06:58 AM
Turbonetics

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by PoWeRtRiP
is this going to be priced comparable to the sc units (5-6k range msrp)
Complete system with intercooler included that is our target...the only variable currently is the engine managment.
Old 07-26-2004, 09:36 AM
tkokka

Default different hood?

If it's a single setup, is it going to require a different hood, kinda like the Stillen? Estimated WHP, psi? intercooler type? Thanks
Old 07-26-2004, 09:59 AM
PoWeRtRiP

Default Re: different hood?

Originally posted by tkokka
If it's a single setup, is it going to require a different hood, kinda like the Stillen? Estimated WHP, psi? intercooler type? Thanks
it wont need a new hood. and the whp, psi, and ic type has already been discussed, try reading the thread
Old 07-26-2004, 11:27 AM
G3po

Default single turbo

For those concerned about ever seeing a CARB EO for a single turbo VQ setup, don't hold your breath. Due to the required position of a single turbo with respect to the CATs on a "V"engine, it would be next to impossible to meet the CAT "light up time". Light up time is the primary reason the CATs are placed so close to the exhaust manifold and why there are 2 on the VQ. Even with a TT arrangement it ,is difficult to meet , since the turbos suckaway heat intended for proper CAT operation. A long exhaust pipe between the Turbo and CAT(s) is a no-no for CARB.
Old 07-26-2004, 12:07 PM
BlackTuner

Turbonetics,

If possible, can we see pics of your setup? Also since you are running a single turbo setup what rpm are you seeing full boost? In what gear was this data takin? Since you say you used a dynapack dyno what was your TCF number? Did you dyno the Car in 5th Gear? What afr were you tuning for?

Sorry to ask all these in depth question but it would really help me and others picking a choice of what turbo setup we want to use on my our vehicles.

Thanks,
BT
Old 07-26-2004, 07:08 PM
DBZ33

Can you please post some pictures....

Will the turbo included be able to push 550 to 600 RWHP? (With a built motor) If not can you pay more and upgrade to a larger turbo? Thanks for all the help...
Old 07-26-2004, 09:54 PM
myfiddy

Default Re: Re: different hood?

Originally posted by PoWeRtRiP
it wont need a new hood. and the whp, psi, and ic type has already been discussed, try reading the thread
Wow, someone's being a dick. He's just asking some questions.
Old 07-26-2004, 09:55 PM
little_rod

Interesting, I pushed some other manufactors in this direction earlier, nice to see someone actually do a single turbo.

Now, I love to see turbonetics putting this out, but honestly I haven't heard any good things about their other products, maybe someone can enlighten me in this area.

Love to see pics of this, as the way it is described, it makes me worry about a lot of heat in the engine bay. Really glad to see someone finally bring this to market, I really hope this system is as good as the concept.
Old 07-27-2004, 05:35 AM
PoWeRtRiP

Default Re: Re: Re: different hood?

Originally posted by myfiddy
Wow, someone's being a dick. He's just asking some questions.

yes i am. his questions were already discussed i was simply pointing out to him that his answers were already here. is it necessary to have everyone ask the same exact question every page bc their too lazy to read the other posts?
Old 07-27-2004, 07:14 AM
Juztin

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

^ damn straight. Turbonetics, when you get a chance can you let us know how the boost response is? With the turbo you are currently using, can you give us a guesstimate on how much boost it can push and maintain to redline?
Old 07-28-2004, 10:24 PM
Jeff@Evolution

Very interesting.
Old 08-07-2004, 07:16 AM
ColecatZ

bump cuz I'm excited......anymore news on this?

I'm still amaized at how well this secret was kept, but I suppose it would be a huge surprise if it was a introduced as completed product for sale.....

Joshua (Hopes this come to fruition)
Old 08-07-2004, 08:58 AM
SQUILL

The only benefit i can see to run a single turbo is that it will cost less than a twin setup other than that all the other advantages go to twins on a v6.

Turbonetics if you are still browsing this thread maybe you can enlighten me as to why you believe a single turbo would be a better option than a twin turbo setup for the VQ35DE.

Wait the other reason to run a single would be to produce more cfm and boost than twins would be capable of for say like a drag car application (1000hp +) but that hardly applies here.
Old 08-07-2004, 09:25 AM
accordfreak

please post pictures!
Old 08-10-2004, 05:19 AM
learn2turn

A drag car application in the 500-700whp is applicable.
Once people start building thier motors, the twin setup will be less popular.

I look forward to the competition this single setup will inspire in the single T dept.

Mid range spool up as a feature of a turbo kit, is only "ok" and nothing to get excited about about.
The fun of owning and driving a turbo is enhanced by a slight lag giving way to a spine crushing, devil on your shoulder, brain telling your foot to lift, BOOST CURVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A slight lag allows you to ask "My god what have I done" as the boost comes in providing an ever increasing accelerative slingshot type force, daring you to keep you foot in it til redline!

Linear power is boring... to me.
Old 08-10-2004, 06:16 AM
PoWeRtRiP

who says this one will lag anymore than the greddy. its a 60 trim bb turbo. im willing to bet that it will have characteristics similar to the greddy as far as driveability, but not have as much potential.

if you want that bone crushing rush you could put something bigger on there.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:08 AM
LaPuLaPu

I just spoke with a sales rep from Turbonetics and the update I received is that it should be released by SEMA. This gentlemen I spoke to said he recalls the kit laying down 360 rwhp with 8lb boost.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:47 PM
ColecatZ

sounds like conservative tuning. Not surprising.

Would like to see a dyno graph overlayed with a Greddy TT, and the various superchargers ALL running at 8psi.

I know there are several variables that would make it an unfair comparison from a scientific standpoint, but it would be interesting to see where eahc option lies in terms of cost vs. total area under the graph. NOTE: I'm not interested in peak hp #'s

I would be pleased with 350ish at the wheels as long as I have a lot of usable grunt. My reason for holding out for turbo and not just going with a SC is simple. I got spoiled with TT 300zx's and miss the insane pull of turbo coming to full spool.

If this hits in November, I'll give it 6 months to let kinks get worked out and prove itself a little then I'll purchase. Assuminng the pricing is solid and justified.

my .02
Old 08-13-2004, 04:36 PM
ChrisMCagle

Very interested, but...
Attached Thumbnails Single Turbo 350Z-worthless-without-pics.gif  

Quick Reply: Single Turbo 350Z