Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Koyo Radiator install with GReddy TT IC

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 12:02 AM
ThoughtZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Koyo Radiator install with GReddy TT IC

Hey there I'm just looking for some tips on this install with the tt ic in the way. Havne't got under the car yet but plan to tommorrow. I've heard I may have to take the intercooler of to get to two screws. Anyone had to do this yet or know what needs to be done? Much appreciation in advance.
Old 09-02-2004, 08:16 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

good luck on the install in the first place...despite what others have posted who sell it, it is NOT a direct bolt in. Not hard, but not direct install either.

adam
Old 09-02-2004, 08:32 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats good to know...I was told by many that it bolts on, after removal and replacement of a couple of items.

Adam..can you elaborate on what is necessary to install it if you have the Greddy IC.
Old 09-02-2004, 09:43 AM
spazpilot

you have to shave a little on the electric fan assembly and a little on the front core support that holds the radiator and ac condenser. here is a pic of it installed though. It does fit if you have questions on were to shave drop me a line CJ.
Attached Thumbnails Koyo Radiator install with GReddy TT IC-dsc00232.jpg  
Old 09-02-2004, 09:44 AM
spazpilot

pic 2
Attached Thumbnails Koyo Radiator install with GReddy TT IC-dsc00233.jpg  
Old 09-02-2004, 09:50 AM
spazpilot

ok now if you really close were the intercooler comes close to the elctric fan. one of the support braces has to only has to be shave down. hard to explain but you will see what I am talking about. were it is circled.
Attached Thumbnails Koyo Radiator install with GReddy TT IC-fan-shave.jpg  
Old 09-02-2004, 10:09 AM
spazpilot

I could not get a pic were you have to shave on the core support. sorry its hidden
Old 09-02-2004, 11:30 AM
ThoughtZ

Alright so the problem im running into is basically dropping the radiator back into place it gets snagged on the right side and doesnt go totally down so this is where the shaving comes into place? The ac condensor is nothing but a pain in the *** at this point but what problems did you run into with this. Crappy part about this install is you really are stuck until its done lol there's no half way mark where you can pick up later.

Last edited by ThoughtZ; 09-02-2004 at 11:36 AM.
Old 09-02-2004, 02:56 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Exactly right ThoughtZ...my guys were CURSING me the day we put this in.

What we ended up doing was trimming what I can describe as the lower rad support, and then it went in with a bit of elbow grease.

With a GReddy FMIC...hmmm...I have to sit down and give that some thought as its been a while since we installed one
Old 09-02-2004, 04:54 PM
ThoughtZ

Well the fmic is not even remotely an issue it was just the clearance to fit the new radiator with the fan attached and the air condensor back in there. Since with the TT kit we have those extra air filters. It's a lot of tweaking and pushing/pulling to get it out to begin with but the wider Koyo one makes it quite the affair. We're going to hack at it again tommorrow so I'll keep this updated with pictures of what we did so that later one people won't stress out like we have lol.
Old 09-14-2004, 08:18 AM
InjectedPerf
Sponsor
Injected Performance

The only modification we have seen when installing the Koyo radiator is to modify where the AC condensor sits in the Radiator Tabs. You have to dremel the plastic shroud a little bit. It is not noticable but just the area inside where the tabs fit. If anyone has any questions on this please don't hesitate to call me. It is snug on the sides but we were able to fit it in without a problem. It took us approximately 20 minutes from start to finish, but that was without the TT kit installed though.

Greg
(859) 224-0461 ext. 222
Injected Performance, LLC

Originally posted by ThoughtZ
Well the fmic is not even remotely an issue it was just the clearance to fit the new radiator with the fan attached and the air condensor back in there. Since with the TT kit we have those extra air filters. It's a lot of tweaking and pushing/pulling to get it out to begin with but the wider Koyo one makes it quite the affair. We're going to hack at it again tommorrow so I'll keep this updated with pictures of what we did so that later one people won't stress out like we have lol.
Old 09-14-2004, 04:27 PM
350Now

I have the Koyo as well but didn't do the install myself. I will check to see what was needed to be trimmed to get it to fit. I always thought it was a direct replacement.