Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

turbonetics single turbo or greddy tt?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 07:45 AM
keeptrying

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The designer of this turbo kit is one of the best in the industry. The fit and finish of the final product will be top notch. Please remember the info on this kit was released by a fellow enthusiast and I for one appreciate Miaplaya’s interest. Once a Turbonetics rep gets on this board I assure all of you your concerns will be put to rest.

The placement of the Turbo is similar to a number of Hot Rod V8 designers that are entering the turbo seen. I reviewed several turbo kits in some Hot Rodder Mags that are all running non-cast iron headers and interestingly enough the turbo's were positioned similarly to the Turbonetics kit. I have spoken with a local turbo expert that has reaffirmed the stock headers will not fail prematurely. He also stated he has the utmost respect for the designer of this kit.

The installation time, cost and performance are going to make this turbo kit a big contender. In my opinion the only down fall is the removal of the cats and the stock fuel pump.
Old 10-13-2004, 02:14 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by keeptrying
The designer of this turbo kit is one of the best in the industry. The fit and finish of the final product will be top notch. Please remember the info on this kit was released by a fellow enthusiast and I for one appreciate Miaplaya’s interest. Once a Turbonetics rep gets on this board I assure all of you your concerns will be put to rest.

The placement of the Turbo is similar to a number of Hot Rod V8 designers that are entering the turbo seen. I reviewed several turbo kits in some Hot Rodder Mags that are all running non-cast iron headers and interestingly enough the turbo's were positioned similarly to the Turbonetics kit. I have spoken with a local turbo expert that has reaffirmed the stock headers will not fail prematurely. He also stated he has the utmost respect for the designer of this kit.

The installation time, cost and performance are going to make this turbo kit a big contender. In my opinion the only down fall is the removal of the cats and the stock fuel pump.
Glad to see someone else who appreciates Jahmes (I butcher his name everytime sorry dude).. The guy is absolutely amazing and I knew even before I got into this that he would have already considered this issue. I wish I knew more so I could actually explain what Brad told me about this in a coherent manner but alas in the end I was bascially like "So....it wont crack...?" And of course the answer was no...Turbonetics (aka Brad) is a VERY busy guy and with Sema less than a month away he's got some VERY big fish to fry...I'll give him a call sometime this week to see if he can spare sometime to get on the boards but I imagine hes chock full of stuff going on. They will of course be at the Mossy show as well mid-November so I'm sure they'll get bombarded with questions there as well.
Old 12-01-2004, 05:42 PM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

So where is the Turbonetics representation? I'd like to hear it from them already regarding the stock manifolds.
Old 12-01-2004, 06:42 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ditto. I'm considering APS or Greddy now. I don't think a single turbo will be able to produce the power I want as safely as I want it.
Old 12-01-2004, 07:25 PM
MIAPLAYA

They did respond... several times... link : https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....0&pagenumber=5
Old 12-01-2004, 07:26 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by MIAPLAYA
They did respond... several times... link : https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....0&pagenumber=5
There are also several posts in many threads on here by them...
Old 12-02-2004, 04:31 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

Thanks MIA - I read about 29 of the 30 pages of the other LONG thread.
I am not sure they address the manifold issue OR the CARB issue sufficiently for me. He said that the stock manifolds should work but they may not be perfcect and thats what aftermarket headers are for. But there are no aftermarket headers that will work from what I can tell. Have you foung anything ?
Also the CARB issue was never really addressed other than to say they are pursuing it. Without that cat I dont see how it will happen. Too bad cause we need a viable Turbo solution in this price range. I thought this was it.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:51 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by 35ounces
Thanks MIA - I read about 29 of the 30 pages of the other LONG thread.
I am not sure they address the manifold issue OR the CARB issue sufficiently for me. He said that the stock manifolds should work but they may not be perfcect and thats what aftermarket headers are for. But there are no aftermarket headers that will work from what I can tell. Have you foung anything ?
Also the CARB issue was never really addressed other than to say they are pursuing it. Without that cat I dont see how it will happen. Too bad cause we need a viable Turbo solution in this price range. I thought this was it.
On the long thread towards the end he came back and announced that they are going to include a cat downpipe with the cat. They are currently testing without to see if it will pass an emissions test.
Old 12-02-2004, 03:33 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will it be available with a resonated test pipe instead of a cat?
Old 12-02-2004, 03:48 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by Nissan350ZTT
Will it be available with a resonated test pipe instead of a cat?
I'm sure you could have it done at your local muffler shop but no I dont think so. It will however come with a cat down pipe and a straight through downpipe.