Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Ati question.....what's the secret ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 03:27 PM
was wesman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ati question.....what's the secret ??

There's got to be some sort of Jedi magic to take off/ re-install the main cog pulley. I finally got it off after wayyyyyyy too much effort and now I'm trying to reinstall another pulley and that **** just doesn't want to go back on there(it's started, but very very tight and not much movement it seems)......any secrets? tips ?

I really need to get this dang thing back on there tonight......can anyone provide some insight ?

--wes
Old 10-21-2004, 05:29 PM
Enron Exec

Try icing down the shaft and leaving the pulley in the freezer so to get more clearance. Use some oil to help it along too i guess.
Old 10-21-2004, 05:30 PM
Enron Exec

Oh yea, do you know of any company that will make us custom pulleys?
Old 10-21-2004, 06:18 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought ATI would make just about any pulley for the Procharger (for a price of course).

As far as your install of the pulley, in taking off the other one, did you ding the bolt or anything like that? Is it bent? I only say this since you said you had so much trouble getting the other one off.
Old 10-21-2004, 06:28 PM
Daking350z
Banned

Engine cold then hit the pulley with a torch for a few minutes in the hole where the shaft goes..Work every time..Oh and wear gloves, it gets hot
Old 10-21-2004, 07:28 PM
was wesman

Originally posted by Enron Exec
Oh yea, do you know of any company that will make us custom pulleys?
I don't know, I really wish someone made interchangeable pulleys. Where you just change the outer portion of the pulley and leave the middle......several people make them for my Lightning.....nada for this

--wes
Old 10-21-2004, 07:43 PM
was wesman

Originally posted by Dr Bonz
I thought ATI would make just about any pulley for the Procharger (for a price of course).

As far as your install of the pulley, in taking off the other one, did you ding the bolt or anything like that? Is it bent? I only say this since you said you had so much trouble getting the other one off.
I've taken off two now and they have both been hard as heck to get off. Have you taken one off before ? Was it not difficult ? It seems to be just as much fun to put one back on.

--wes
Old 10-21-2004, 08:11 PM
Daking350z
Banned

Originally posted by was wesman
I've taken off two now and they have both been hard as heck to get off. Have you taken one off before ? Was it not difficult ? It seems to be just as much fun to put one back on.

--wes
You need to heat the pulleys up...Hello...You listening Was?Trust me on this one I had my pulleys off 100 times...
Old 10-21-2004, 08:52 PM
was wesman

Hey King,

Yeah, I'm using the heat method, unfortunately I don't have a torch. I'm using a heat gun and it's slow going.

However you will be glad to know that I got one of the pulleys back on , now I just need to put the pulley on the '03 when I get back from Houston.

While we're here, anyone ran a 9# pulley without upgrading injectors ? I have the new injectors, but I don't have the fuel management yet...I plan on getting the Technosquare flash and use the emanage to control additional fuel for the 440cc injectors.

I also have the J&S, so there is a bit of control here.

Thanks for the help fellas.

--wes
Old 10-21-2004, 08:55 PM
was wesman

Originally posted by Enron Exec
Try icing down the shaft and leaving the pulley in the freezer so to get more clearance. Use some oil to help it along too i guess.
Hey Enron, question for you. Any tuning sources down there in Houston that can tune the ATI? I've got a friend that needs a tuning source, and please don't say the three letter badword

--wes
Old 10-21-2004, 08:57 PM
Daking350z
Banned

Hey Enron, question for you. Any tuning sources down there in Houston that can tune the ATI? I've got a friend that needs a tuning source, and please don't say the three letter badword

--wes
SGP?
Old 10-21-2004, 09:08 PM
Enron Exec

--wes
I let Jason at Autologic tune my DFMU. Im very happy with his work. http://www.auto-logic.biz/enter.htm

Im currently letting Lightspeed on the NW side of Houston build my motor and they should be able to tune this too. Their number is 713 896 2577, ask for Tom.
Old 10-30-2004, 09:36 PM
Dissolved

I don't know, I really wish someone made interchangeable pulleys. Where you just change the outer portion of the pulley and leave the middle......several people make them for my Lightning.....nada for this

--wes
Try paradise wheels in CA. It's been a while, but they've fabricated pulleys for me in the past. 2.5", OEM quality