Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

More on 8 sec. 350Z & planned HKS supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 08:53 AM
G3po

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cams

Originally posted by phunk
yea carillo rods are very premium... but pauters will do everything that almost anyone needs.

people worry about a lot of smaller factors that are less important in our street cars... a pauter rod is definatly a heavier rod... but ill promise you one thing... once you finish your built FI 350z and your driving around with 500-700rwhp enjoying every second if it... you will NOT EVER ONCE think to yourself "MAN I wish I used the lighter connecting rod". Pauter, Crower, Cunningham... they are all 100% quality and your gonna have some serious trouble trying to destroy any of them.

Saving your grams on your connecting rods over the decently light popular brands is never going to give you any results that you notice or are aware of. I have never heard anyone with carillo rods say to me "i can feel how light and strong these rods are, its a whole different car cause of my rods"... thats not how it works... as long as you not breaking a rod or worrying about breaking a rod your never gonna even think about the damn rods. You get your dope forged steel rods, and then thats it, its over with.
Phunk , I'm just curious why you decided to go with JWT cam as oppoised to something like Tomei 264s fro your new longblock?
Old 11-21-2004, 09:28 AM
webcarconnection

Originally posted by Z1 Performance
it uses a Motec BTW, and twin Turbonetics turbos

Ha... Turbonetics Turbos... Dont say nothing to the APS people, they will argue about it J/K

Turbonetics all the way!
Old 11-21-2004, 10:11 AM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

G3po: I wanted something with conservative specs because I am more concerned with a few things before max HP...

My goal is to get 700rwhp out of the car. That is extremely conservative for an engine of this nature that is fully built. I hardly need a large cam to help with that goal.

A more mild cam of course keeps a little more power in the midrange RPMs because I dont need to rev really higher to make this power. Its also less aggressive nature will help me get my engine together without running into problems... i hate using new parts that hardly anyone has used because mechanical incompatabilities between combinations of parts are a lot more common then a lot of people would think.

I was gona just set my idle to a nice 850rpm and enjoy a 350z that is quiet and fast as hell. I have large cams in plenty of motors I have built, and it just isnt the attitude that I am looking for in my Z... this car is more classy to me and I would like to feel like a factory style engine with shitloads of power.
Old 11-21-2004, 05:43 PM
Turbonetics

Originally posted by MEGA_BB6_Turbo
what size turbonetics? obviously it was a custom piping job. Intricate specifications would be greatly appreciated =).

hahah nice trees in the forest analogy
a I will say is they are running Turbonetics T series ceramic ball bearing turbo's but for the size you will have to ask them directly...it's not nice to share other peoples secrets.

Brad
Old 11-21-2004, 07:00 PM
MEGA_BB6_Turbo

Originally posted by Turbonetics
a I will say is they are running Turbonetics T series ceramic ball bearing turbo's but for the size you will have to ask them directly...it's not nice to share other peoples secrets.

Brad
damn...must be pretty damn big then
Old 11-22-2004, 10:40 AM
G3po

Default CAMs

G3po: I wanted something with conservative specs because I am more concerned with a few things before max HP...

My goal is to get 700rwhp out of the car. That is extremely conservative for an engine of this nature that is fully built. I hardly need a large cam to help with that goal.

A more mild cam of course keeps a little more power in the midrange RPMs because I dont need to rev really higher to make this power. Its also less aggressive nature will help me get my engine together without running into problems... i hate using new parts that hardly anyone has used because mechanical incompatabilities between combinations of parts are a lot more common then a lot of people would think.

I was gona just set my idle to a nice 850rpm and enjoy a 350z that is quiet and fast as hell. I have large cams in plenty of motors I have built, and it just isnt the attitude that I am looking for in my Z... this car is more classy to me and I would like to feel like a factory style engine with shitloads of power.

Cool ,I guess just wanted to hear someone confirming my own opinion. I already have the JWT cams, spring and looking for a deal on retainers..
Old 11-22-2004, 11:37 AM
andypandy

they're going PRO... could see 6 second passes on this beast. note the fatties on the rear.

http://www.nhrasportcompact.com/2004...er/110401.html
Old 11-22-2004, 07:07 PM
1G-350Z

most of the engine is stock? What is stock besides the crank and intake manifold?

I wouldnt call that mostly stock... mostly stock are those 800+ rwhp supras with 50,000+ miles on an original engine without ever having the head off... a VQ35DE is not gonna make 1000+ mostly stock.

The question I have is... who is their engine builder?

-Charles
Phunk
The engine builder is the famous Vinnie Ten (yea, Mr Supra) he converted... The rods pistons and studs were changed, not sure if that motor was sleeved, The heads are stock with very very slight porting, stock intake manifold and stock crank.... Big *** injectors, big *** turbos and full motec... Vinnie is building a pro motor for next year to run in the 6's!!! He loves the new VQ motor, which says alot coming from him...
Old 11-22-2004, 09:53 PM
johanna1

Whats there homepage address? I want to check out there webpage. Thanks
Old 11-23-2004, 08:04 AM
1G-350Z

http://www.theexperience.com
Old 11-23-2004, 02:05 PM
More Power

Originally posted by roops350
Phunk
The engine builder is the famous Vinnie Ten (yea, Mr Supra) he converted... The rods pistons and studs were changed, not sure if that motor was sleeved, The heads are stock with very very slight porting, stock intake manifold and stock crank.... Big *** injectors, big *** turbos and full motec... Vinnie is building a pro motor for next year to run in the 6's!!! He loves the new VQ motor, which says alot coming from him...
Vinnie did tell me that the 8 sec 350Z was running their sleeves. Yes, he is very high on this motor. For those of us that want to stay stock inside, he thinks he can safely and reliably get 450 wheel hp on the stock internals, (stock boost) HKS supercharger, a little valve work, porting, hi flow cats, and cat back exhaust - he is still not finished R&Ding though. Sounds real good to me.