Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

HA! My G35 2B featured in National Mag...

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 05:04 PM
bullseye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking HA! My G35 2B featured in National Mag...

It's not exactly what you think, but...

HCN (That's Home Channel News for the uninitiated) is a hardware industry trade magazine. When I say hardware industry, I mean wholesalers, retailers, and manufacturers of tools, builders hardware, paint, plumbing, lawn & garden supplies, etc.

Anyway, HCN has begun to write a monthly column featuring the personal profile, home life, career summary, and so forth of Merchandise Managers who work at major hardware wholesale distributors. Last month, they featured a Buyer from Ace, a national hardware co-op based in Chicago. I work at Orgill, Inc., the best independent hardware wholesale distributor on the planet. HCN wanted to feature one of our Merchants next. Our company president offered them... me!

I did the interview yesterday, during which time the interviewer asked about my hobbies. I told her about my periodic trips to the 1/4-mile track for test n tune drag racing. We discussed a few other topics, and when the interview was done, she asked me to send her a photo. "Can you send a picture of yourself with your car?" she asked.

"Well, sure," I calmly responded.

So, I got the car washed tonight. My wheels are bright and shiney and my tires are dressed to kill. I've got my Simpson Helmet shined up and ready to go. One of my associates is going to take my picture at work tomorrow, with the car prominently on display in the background. We'll hope for perfect conditions, right after sunrise...

I always wondered what it took to get your car featured in a national magazine. Now I know. And not even one sponsor, ladies and gentlemen!!!

HA!
Old 04-19-2005, 07:00 PM
joshbrittain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice- congrats. Let us see the pic when youve got it.