Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

Crawford cats, G35 Sedan ...

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 05:57 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, I think he understood. You didn't buy the cats from Crawford. You bought them somewhere else. Doug has tested and others here confirmed that the cats will fit at least other people's G35s. Crawford went above and beyond and sent you replacements, even though you didn't buy them from him directly (and I can almost bet 95% of aftermarket parts manufacturers would have never done that). Many places would have charged you for at least a core in those circumstances, but Crawford didn't. Now, you won't send either set back?

Bad faith.
Old 01-02-2006, 06:45 PM
jasonsfa98

Again ... the explanation for this is in the thread.

1. Drivers side cat only ... not a set.

2. It doesn't matter that I bought them from someone else. They were a month old. I provided him with reciepts and everything to prove this. Will Infiniti honor a warranty if the car is purchased used? Yes. Will Sony warranty my TV if I got it from another person. They sure will, as long as it's within the warranty period.

3. If he wants the cat back that is completly destroyed he would have asked. He knows I took a hammer to it later to test fitment AFTER he sent me a replacement. Again, I sent pictures. The conclusion: they don't fit my car. He asked for the replacement back since it still didn't fit.

I don't know anything about other MFG's and I don't care. I only care about what I spent my money on. I got this car and found this forum the next day. I read about each part that I've purchased for my car on this forum before I purchased. I even purchased from YOUR sponsors. Something went wrong and I came here to tell everyone about it.

Crawford replaced a faulty cat. I commended them for this. Problem is, the cat's they make don't fit my car so I had to pay MORE money to make them fit. Not to mention a TON TON TON of my own time. Just because he took the time to replace one doesn't mean I should bow down, send them all back and lose $450.

He did his job, I did mine.
Old 01-02-2006, 07:17 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

Seems most here disagree.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:37 AM
jasonsfa98

Yes.

All 3 of you.

I really don't get it. And really ... I don't know why it seems important to me to make sure you understand.

I have NOTHING against Crawford. I am actually happy with the performane gains from their cats now that they are fixed. I plan on getting a plenum as soon as I have time.

I simply came here to tell my story so that others can be aware of MY problems with MY car. I thought that's what these forums were for.

Now I have a couple people reading only the parts they want to read and bashing me.

Oh well ...
Old 01-03-2006, 09:05 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That gives you no right to keep the good cats they just sent you and the old ones. They REQUIRE them back. You are stealing from them if you do so.

Originally Posted by jasonsfa98
G35_TX, (and everyone else)

You must not have read the entire thread.

1. I called Crawford before purchasing these cats. They told me over the phone that these cats would fit my car. So I moved on them and made the purchase.

2. I installed the cats and the rubbing began. I called Crawford and told them the story. First, he didn't beleave they were Crawford cats so I took pictures. He agreed that they were Crawford's and sent me a replacement. Kudos.

3. The NEW cat had the same problem, so they blamed my BRAND NEW car.

4. Took it to the dealer, no problems.

5. Decided to keep the cats until I had time to have them repaired.

6. Took it to a muffler shop today and he backed up what the dealer said and what I knew. NOTHING IS WRONG WITH MY CAR. The cat was NOT designed to fit a G35 Sedan. They were made for 350Z's.

Crawford should NOT be telling people that these will fit a newer (02/05) G35 Sedan AUTO. I know someone here has a 6MT Sedan with an 04/05 production date that says they fit him just fine. Two totally different transmissions.

So I am NOT in the wrong for taking a replacement cat for a defective product and spending another $50 to have them fixed (read modified) to fit my car.

Yes, they TRIED to help but their product is not meant for my car so they shouldn't tell anyone otherwise.

CASE CLOSED.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:09 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

He asked for it back. You are refusing. I read this thread very well. And can tell you that you are going to hurt the relationship everyone has with crawford when its your own fault. Don't ASSUME its a problem till other cars show it. It's only yours. And per the pictures your exhaust is not on straight. It looks too close to one side of the car.

Crawford could come after you if you don't send that cat back. Like I said you will be considerd as stollen goods. If that happens you could go to jail. I suggest do what crawford says.

Again ... the explanation for this is in the thread.

1. Drivers side cat only ... not a set.

2. It doesn't matter that I bought them from someone else. They were a month old. I provided him with reciepts and everything to prove this. Will Infiniti honor a warranty if the car is purchased used? Yes. Will Sony warranty my TV if I got it from another person. They sure will, as long as it's within the warranty period.

3. If he wants the cat back that is completly destroyed he would have asked. He knows I took a hammer to it later to test fitment AFTER he sent me a replacement. Again, I sent pictures. The conclusion: they don't fit my car. He asked for the replacement back since it still didn't fit.

I don't know anything about other MFG's and I don't care. I only care about what I spent my money on. I got this car and found this forum the next day. I read about each part that I've purchased for my car on this forum before I purchased. I even purchased from YOUR sponsors. Something went wrong and I came here to tell everyone about it.

Crawford replaced a faulty cat. I commended them for this. Problem is, the cat's they make don't fit my car so I had to pay MORE money to make them fit. Not to mention a TON TON TON of my own time. Just because he took the time to replace one doesn't mean I should bow down, send them all back and lose $450.

He did his job, I did mine.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:20 AM
lowrider

Yes.

All 3 of you.

All Four of us. Bad Faith Man. BTW, as I suggested in an earlier post. Have a professional exhaust shop look at it, not a muffler shop. It can be made to fit, and from what I've read, it shouldn't be a big deal.

Lou
Old 01-03-2006, 09:29 AM
jasonsfa98

Jesus.

Muffler shop ... ok ... they are THE custom exhaust shop here in Austin, TX. Sorry if they aren't the same. And those guys at the Infiniti dealership must be dumb too (which I really don't doubt).

The exhaust on my car is not bent to one side ... the cat is pulling it that way, which is why I had NO problems with the factory exhaust.

I'm done with this. I am an honest guy who wouldn't f*ck anyone over. I'm just not conveying my points correctly I guess.

I'll sit at home and wait for the cops to come pickup my "stolen" cat (not cats, you idiot.) I'll also make sure I return any and all goods that I have ever purchased that were faulty to the original manufacturer because apparently it's not their responsibility to make a product that fits their specified applications.

And for the record ... I have not seen a person post here with a 2005 G35 SEDAN AUTO with a late production date such as mine (02/05) who claimed the cats fit. There was one gentlemen who said he had an 03/05 but it was a 6MT.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:47 PM
lowrider

Jesus.
And for the record ... I have not seen a person post here with a 2005 G35 SEDAN AUTO with a late production date such as mine (02/05) who claimed the cats fit. There was one gentlemen who said he had an 03/05 but it was a 6MT.
Do you really think they's use two floor pans - one for the 5AT and one for the 6MT? Don't think so.

Lou
Old 01-03-2006, 05:28 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

www.g35driver.com has a few already. And the floorpans on the cars do not change.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:55 PM
Dave B

Originally Posted by G35_TX
You have no RIGHT to not send that cat back to crawford when it isn't there fault. They tried to help you. You have issues with your car that is obvious.

I would recommend to anyone in the future if you don't send that cat back, to not help you anymore. (or maybe even ban you). That is down right dirty.
You would know something about banning since you yourself have been banned from more sites than I can count.

The guy has spent hours underneath his car trying to fit ill-fitting parts. Good for him to stand up for himself and send the message to the aftermarket that his time is valuable too. In my real job, I bill out at $105/hr and if some company did this to me, I'd do the same thing.

No one is going to come after him. Not the law nor Crawford. Hell Crawford probably doesn't even remember him now.