Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

Price on 2006 g35c

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 01:11 PM
ThReE fIfTy ZeE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Price on 2006 g35c

I'm in the market for a g35c. The invoice on an auto w/ prem pack. is 33,769 how much below invoice do you think i can get one for. Does anyone know of any good tactics i can use on talking them down? I'm hoping that they wil just be trying to get rid of it becase i want an auto and this car isnt a big seller in auto and also because the 2007's are due out in about a month or two. Also what's a good stealership around philly? did you get a good price from them?

thank you
Old 08-18-2006, 06:30 PM
MightyMouse1975

Originally Posted by ThReE fIfTy ZeE
I'm in the market for a g35c. The invoice on an auto w/ prem pack. is 33,769 how much below invoice do you think i can get one for. Does anyone know of any good tactics i can use on talking them down? I'm hoping that they wil just be trying to get rid of it becase i want an auto and this car isnt a big seller in auto and also because the 2007's are due out in about a month or two. Also what's a good stealership around philly? did you get a good price from them?

thank you
Uh, they're not a big seller in Automatic?? When did that happen? I guess Memphians dont' follow suite, because the people around here don't buy anything but Automatics.
Dealers don't normally stock Manuals tranny cars around here because they end up sitting for sooo long.. (this is according to the Acura, Lexus, BMW and Infinity dealers here).
The best tactic is the one I have though.. Go in there, show them your ID for International paper and let the discount do it's work 1.8% below invoice.. NICE!
Old 08-21-2006, 08:57 AM
SteveZ

Originally Posted by MightyMouse1975
Uh, they're not a big seller in Automatic?? When did that happen? I guess Memphians dont' follow suite, because the people around here don't buy anything but Automatics.
Dealers don't normally stock Manuals tranny cars around here because they end up sitting for sooo long.. (this is according to the Acura, Lexus, BMW and Infinity dealers here).
The best tactic is the one I have though.. Go in there, show them your ID for International paper and let the discount do it's work 1.8% below invoice.. NICE!
Historically the 6MT sold much better in 2003/2004 because you had to go that route to get all the goodies. Auto trans didn't get Brembos, 18" wheels, etc. Around here (CT) I have only seen one Auto trans in 3 years locally, and when I bought mine the dealer had overwhelmingly 6 MT's. Only the low-end models w/o any premium packages, cloth seats, etc. were auto.

2005 forward I think that pretty much all changed and you get the same brakes no matter what, and most anything you can get on the auto or the 6MTs.

Timing counts for buying, too - don't count on the new Sedan putting pressure to sell Coupes, it's too soon because the Coupe isn't changing yet (2008 model?). Try for quarter-end, too - people are trying to make their sales numbers then. Q3 is huge because if you don't make the numbers on Coupes by then, it's hard to do in Q4. Plus you should still have excellent selection now; by Q4 that starts to thin out as dealers try not to have too much inventory at year-end. I got lucky because I had an early 2004 in 2003, took delivery on New Year's Day. Was in signing papers on 12/30 or 12/31...they definitely wanted that sale!

I have found that timing plus sincere interest and capability to close a deal on your part quickly goes a long way toward gaining any concessions on price. Be ready to buy when you discuss first pass. Suggest hitting end of Sept may help.

hth
Old 08-24-2006, 06:30 AM
MR_LUCIFER

If it was a Z everyone would want it stick but since its soo comfty everyone gets it automajic ...And no i did not spell automajic Wrong...lol
Old 08-24-2006, 06:50 AM
SteveZ

Originally Posted by MR_LUCIFER
If it was a Z everyone would want it stick but since its soo comfty everyone gets it automajic ...And no i did not spell automajic Wrong...lol
That model year you could not get the Brembos and rest of 6MT in an auto. I cringe whenever I see one w/o the 6MT, what a waste.

Comfy? Only thing I noticed is the slightly softer rear springs (fronts are the same) and soundproofing; it's no more comfy than my Z, just has the Star Trek dash center console...LOL! And quieter, plus the transmission is better but given the same model supposedly, guessing that's just cause its different one.

Those springs on my list to dump. Makes the car wallow on long sweepers, you can either beef up the rear anti-away or do it the JDM way and put in stiffer inboard springs.

BIGGEST difference is you can take a friend and two women out no problem - try that in a Z
Old 08-24-2006, 08:59 AM
skaterbasist

Anyone who gets a G automatic should just get something else...

I have an 06 G35 coupe 6MT and I would NEVER have gotten it automatic.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:47 PM
mikey_vegas

hi im am a infiniti salesman here in las vegas

we are under no real pressure to sell coupes since thay are not changing till 2008 and our 2007's will probly not roll on the lot till oct/nov

and there is a huge shortage of 6speed coupes on the west cost we have one and only one and it wil be sold for sticker.

we dont have any specials as far as facotry discounts or special rates

we are however dumping sedans to get rid of them i have $2500 factory money if you buy or .00052 money factor if you lease

we take $5000 off msrp on our sedans