Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

08 altima coupe = nissans g35 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 07:23 PM
tomiegunzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nigevellie
Thanks nissan for making all your vehicles look the same. Thanks for giving the styling cues that made the z/g unique and putting it on the Murano. Thanks for taking our driver console layout and putting it in the Maxima. Thanks for making an Altima with the Z/G roofline so that the non-car geeks can look at the Z and see Just Another Nissan. Thanks for killing what made our car's look unique.
lol
Old 01-19-2007, 07:32 PM
orangeZ89

so is it fwd or rwd because if it's rwd then it will be a big problem for z owners . either way you will see alot of this car in the future.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:52 AM
NissanFreak2000

The Altima Coupe is FWD, just like the Sedan
Old 02-05-2007, 09:37 AM
acelesson

The new look pisses me off. Do you see Chevrolet making its Cobalt look like a Corvette?
Old 02-07-2007, 09:09 AM
TENGAI

I think it looks like a poor man's G coupe from the side profile, a nicer TC/G6 from the rear, and an Altima from the front. Almost a confusing blend of shapes. Nissan didn't really try too hard with this one... Out of all of them, I think it'll be mistaken for a G more than anything.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:10 PM
Railgunner

This is what the new Altima coupe should have looked like...

Old 02-08-2007, 06:49 PM
TSG-Z

That looks like an Accord!
Old 02-09-2007, 11:41 PM
skaterbasist

So much crying and whining...

Wait until you see the Altima Coupe in person; If anything you'll confuse it for the Pontiac G6.

Pictures make the Altima Coupe look idealistic, but in person it looks bland & boring.

There's just a little too much commotion & panic. Give it a few months after release, everyone will forget about the subject.

Old 02-11-2007, 04:26 PM
SteveZ

Default This thread is a joke - compare F/F to F/R???

Originally Posted by Agnst The Grain
...out about 270hp. and there is more to a car then just the engine.
Yeah, like how it drives? Are people so clueless that they would compare any Nissan Front Driver to either a G or a Z? Familiar with Torque Steer? Massive Under-steer? Heavy front weight bias? Oh, I am sure that is all "minimized"...

Originally Posted by Agnst The Grain
...you can compare it to driving a bmw 325 n then driving an M3. there's no comparison. or better yet the new 335i and the upcoming M3 they are close when u look at the numbers but they are completely different cars for different purposes n different drivers.
You could, except the new 335 is so close to the departing M3 that if BMW chose to tart it up a bit they could have sold it as its replacement. Most of the 3-series drive very similarly, being F/R layout with increasing power and higher perf suspension/tires.

A F/F Altima Coupe is not a Sports Coupe or a GT - the G-Coupe is; it's not a Sports Car, the Z is. I don't think you'll have to worry about putting a 155 mph limiter on the Altima Coupe, nor will it be smooth as can be pulling from 100-120-130 mph as easily as most cars do 65-80mph.

Geez, what a bunch of whining - "now my Z/G doesn't look so special anymore..." BOO HOO!

Hey, I hear there's a fully loaded "Altima" SE Coupe in the works that costs more than a the 350Z or the G, with a better interior, they're putting an Infiniti badge on it, different front fenders, it's faster and significantly more hp than the Z, NA with 4.5l displacement, rear-bias AWD, sort of a little brother to the GT-R...man, that's gotta hurt the GT-R sales.

Old 02-11-2007, 04:29 PM
SteveZ

Originally Posted by skaterbasist

Wait until you see the Altima Coupe in person; If anything you'll confuse it for the Pontiac G6.

Pictures make the Altima Coupe look idealistic, but in person it looks bland & boring.

There's just a little too much commotion & panic. Give it a few months after release, everyone will forget about the subject.

No doubt - the only buzz will be "how many units sold?"
Old 02-11-2007, 05:37 PM
xStriderx

Originally Posted by skaterbasist

Exactly. Sounds like a bunch of people crying about how they are no longer, "different." Trust me with the emergence of this new car it won't take anything away from our Z's and G's.

If anything they should be able to get away with this no problem. Especially with the new redesigned G.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:43 PM
BlackSpec02

Originally Posted by SteveZ

Hey, I hear there's a fully loaded "Altima" SE Coupe in the works that costs more than a the 350Z or the G, with a better interior, they're putting an Infiniti badge on it, different front fenders, it's faster and significantly more hp than the Z, NA with 4.5l displacement, rear-bias AWD, sort of a little brother to the GT-R...man, that's gotta hurt the GT-R sales.
I take it you are joking about that last car... because that would actually be cool!
Old 02-12-2007, 04:02 PM
nigevellie

Originally Posted by SteveZ
Yeah, like how it drives? Are people so clueless that they would compare any Nissan Front Driver to either a G or a Z? Familiar with Torque Steer? Massive Under-steer? Heavy front weight bias? Oh, I am sure that is all "minimized"...
all well and good..... to people who know cars. i'm saying to the general non-motorhead public, yes the styling cues are close enough to water down the gene pool. what's wrong with wanting to keep your car's look special? kinda the whole point of style in the first place. if i wanted raw speed and handling and not care about looks i would've bought someone's old beat up race ready civic.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:01 AM
mindless_zombie

Ahh I dunno what to make of it. It looks good in some angles...in others it doesn't. Woulda been awesome if it had RWD but oh well.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:47 PM
Cheezwiz

I think the car is beautiful. It's basically an extremely practical Z.

FWD for all-season all-around performance, 4 cylinder available, most likely a back seat. Probably more trunk space than a G coupe.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:00 PM
Cheezwiz

I just had a scary thought. What if the Altima Coupe is so successful, they discontinue production of the Z and G???

You may call us owners clueless because we feel threatened by it. But you also wouldn't think we should have felt threatened by the Pathfinder when it led to the 300ZXs demise.

Last edited by Cheezwiz; 02-15-2007 at 08:06 PM.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:08 PM
Z_35TH_Z
Rainman

Few pics of the Altima coupe from Vip night at Toronto Auto show. looks better in person..just needs wheels like the last pic
Attached Thumbnails 08 altima coupe = nissans g35 coupe-img_0088.jpg   08 altima coupe = nissans g35 coupe-img_0089.jpg   08 altima coupe = nissans g35 coupe-img_0116.jpg   08 altima coupe = nissans g35 coupe-img_0122.jpg  
Old 02-16-2007, 07:06 PM
Redmann

Well I think any Nissan coupe (besides the Z) that comes with an available v6 engine and Navi-system should cause some concern for Z and G drivers..I know Nissan is trying to increase it's market share by expanding it's models, but I hope this vehicle doesn't dilute the aura of the Z car by the general public. I'd have to see Altima Coupe on the road before making of my mind on it's relation to the Z or G cars.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:02 PM
InSaNeZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

saw it in person at chicago autoshow and it looked nice.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:16 AM
jinsei888

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Railgunner
This is what the new Altima coupe should have looked like...

hmmm....no

Quick Reply: 08 altima coupe = nissans g35 coupe