Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

New G owner, was Z owner

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 01:22 PM
crashx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New G owner, was Z owner

I had a an 03 Silverstone Z Touring 6MT for about a year and a half. I had to sell it to buy something more practical. I missed that car a lot.
I drove an Envoy for two and half years and desperately wanted something fun again.

The new G's came out and fixed everthing that kept me from buying one before. So last night I picked up a Platinum Graphite Sport 5A w/Premium Package.

I have a whopping 50 miles on it, but I can't wait to bread it in. I remember how much fun my Z was!

Here are a couple pics I took this morning.
Attached Thumbnails New G owner, was Z owner-pict3184-2-.jpg   New G owner, was Z owner-pict3187-2-.jpg   New G owner, was Z owner-pict3195-2-.jpg   New G owner, was Z owner-pict3191-2-.jpg  
Old 02-10-2007, 01:30 PM
yukonlikmiballs

no doubt youll miss the z, but i got to drive one of the 4dr g35 rental cars, and i had tons of fun driving it. feels just as fast and more ballin'
Old 02-10-2007, 04:02 PM
mindless_zombie

Sweet! Enjoy your new ride.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:16 PM
350zex

traitor

Old 02-11-2007, 03:07 PM
Railgunner

The new '07 sedans are pure sex on wheels... The best part is pulling up at stoplights and seeing women staring at it with their mouths hanging open, usually ignoring their husbands elbowing them trying to get them to stop
Old 02-11-2007, 05:53 PM
G2FAST

Welcome to the good side! j/k

nice selection congrats!
Old 02-11-2007, 06:07 PM
crashx

I absolutely love this car! It's drop dead gorgeous and every bit as fun as my Z PLUS all the gadgets!
Old 02-14-2007, 04:43 PM
Max_PSi

I can't believe how nice the new G's look. Nissan really smoothed the lines out A LOT.

B e a utiful. Congrats.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:06 PM
crashx

I just picked it up from being tinted yesterday. It snowed like crazy, so no pics yet.
35% in front and 20% all around.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:45 PM
V3rbatim

lol traitor!!!

by the way, y didnt u get the G with 6mt?
Old 02-14-2007, 07:43 PM
05Aucrarsx
Banned

so wut's G35 Type-S?
Old 02-15-2007, 05:13 AM
crashx

I didn't get a 6MT this time for two reasons, even though I REALLY wanted to:
A) There wasn't a good selection of manual sedans. Theree were like a total of 3 to choose from and they either weren't in colors I liked or didn't have the premium package.

B) My wife can't drive a stick and would like to be able to drive this car sometimes.

I miss driving a stick for sure, but this allows her to drive the G and go somewhere without the kid. This way I don't have to move the car seat into my car

05Aucrarsx: A G35S is the sport package of the G35. Includes paddle shifters, bigger wheels, bigger brakes, different seats and steering wheel, LSD, and different front treatments.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:06 AM
sofa king
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

smoooooooooooth!
Old 02-22-2007, 04:48 PM
joentown

A G AND AND no stick.........say it ain't so !!
Old 02-22-2007, 05:44 PM
Cannysage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

meh.. the novelty of a manual runs out soon or later. nice G..
Old 02-27-2007, 10:37 AM
TENGAI

Love the new sedans... Much better styling. Congrats
Old 03-03-2007, 06:52 AM
butterwm

Crashx, I'm in the same boat as you. I had a 2005 Roadster Touring, Silverstone w/orange ventilated seats, fully loaded with the nav system. It was a really fun car to drive - especially with the weather out here in Arizona. We just had a baby back in November and there has been a few times that we wish our second car (the Z) could carry the kid and had a back seat. We just found out we are moving to Georgia this month so that came into the mix too with the colder winter weather and then the humidity during the summer would I have the top down as much as I used too? We also factored in that if were to try and sell or trade-in the Z that this area with the weather would be the place to do it.

The nice thing was that I didn't have to sell my car if I didn't want to so we weren't in a rush. We started looking at cars and I didn't see anything crazy that jumped out at me until I saw the new G35 Sedan. To me, they just did a really nice job on the car with styling, features and pricing. When I looked at the G35 I knew I wanted the premium, tech and nav packages. I also liked the lighter interior (wheat) over the stone. Needless to say, I couldn't decide between the sport or the journey with all the options. I really liked the sport seats and wheels and the rest I could live without. After finding out that I could pay $400 extra on the Journey and get the performance wheel and tire package it came down to just the seats for me between the sport and journey. For an extra $1,100 for a sport I could get the nicer seats but not the wheat interior color they make because they don't make it on a sport. I decided to go with the Journey with the perimum, tech, nav and performace wheel/tire packages. I also wanted to try a different color then silver this time around and I have always wanted a lighter car so I went with the Ivory Pearl.

So I ended up trading in my Z - they gave me $27,150 for it and since it was paid off and I was paying cash for the difference in the new car it saved me over $2,000 in taxes so I did about the same as if I sold it privately as far as money out of my pocket. I have had the car for a week now and I am very impressed. I picked up this car for $1,000 less then I paid for my 350Z over two years ago. The car feels faster them my Z was although I haven't broke it in yet so I can't fully test that out yet. As far as features/options, the car is light years ahead of the Z. I can't believe all the features you get with the G35 between the premium, tech and nav packages - it's amazing. The dealer spent about 30 minutes just explaining the computer and nav system and he just touched the tip of the iceberg. I have probly spent about 4 hours just playing with all that and adding my settings, cell phonebook, voice recognition, ect. I think Infiniti has done a really good job with the car and what they are offering for the price. It's no wonder that the ones out there that have premium, tech and nav are selling in no time. Overall, I am very happy and don't miss the Z as much as I thought I would.

Just a note for anyone else out there looking at these cars if this is the car you want I highly recommend getting one with all three packages. I know the dealers are notorious for talking people into what they have on their lots or can get a hold of but these packages really do finish off and truely luxourious yet sporty car.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:13 AM
Smoked

^good write up.

Traitor.

I kept my Z and traded my Trailblazer for a 550i. Yeah it's a bit pricier but I have a dependable daily driver with 0 maintenance costs for the next 4 years. The Z on the other hand is so easy to customize and I think that's why most people on this forum buy Z's. It's an art piece, a message to the world about this is who I am and these are my tastes, IMHO.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:49 PM
nooooorb

Originally Posted by butterwm
...I also wanted to try a different color then silver this time around and I have always wanted a lighter car so I went with the Ivory Pearl...

Overall, I am very happy and don't miss the Z as much as I thought I would.
I'm in the same boat. I managed to keep the Z for about 2.5 years, but my son is growing up so I decided to make a compromise and get a G coupe 5AT (so my wife could also drive it). Ivory Pearl really is a nice color but having to wash it after a rain kinda sucks . Also, in my case, I really miss the Z (which was a CS Perf. 6MT).
Old 03-07-2007, 09:53 AM
Darthvol

Originally Posted by yukonlikmiballs
no doubt youll miss the z, but i got to drive one of the 4dr g35 rental cars, and i had tons of fun driving it. feels just as fast and more ballin'
39 yrs. old here; "ballin' "???

Quick Reply: New G owner, was Z owner