Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

Latest on Sat Radio and it's not looking too good!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2003, 06:08 PM
BillR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Latest on Sat Radio and it's not looking too good!!

Not looking too good. My dealer called me. Infiniti has released info and parts for adding XM sat radio ONLY to cars pre-wired at the factory. The XM sat kit for the coupe is part # B8046CR011 and you also need a wire cover (??) part # B8242AM8000.
For most of us that have non-prewired cars, I did ask about purchasing the wire that the factory installs seperately. My dealer said he has no part # for that nor can he find one. He stongly believes that the wire is part of the main wiring harness and would be near impossible to install, let alone be cost prohibitive.

Anyone have close contacts w/ your Infiniti dealer? If so please inquire about the wire harness fron radio to trunk (where kit goes) and getting it sepreately.

I may have a part # for the harness. Could someone check into it please? #B8377-5Y710 attachment kit.

IMHO, NOW it is time to approach Infiniti legally and get this resolved.

BTW: Unless your car was JUST delivered to you fresh off of production, your car is likely not pre-wired for sat. There has been much discussion regarding this issue but this is how it stands. All vehicles that were manufactured starting in March 03 are prewired and will accept either Sirius or XM kits that will be available starting at the end of April.
Old 04-17-2003, 06:19 PM
2003z

ask your dealer to check if the wiring harness part number has been superseded. If its the same still, the problem isnt in the harness. My guess though, is that it has been.
Old 04-21-2003, 10:52 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

hmm got mine in december
glad i dont think sat radio is a big deal